Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

Just now, nucci said:

what do you consider good compensation?

We may all be thinking the haul is much more than being discussed. Getting a 4 that can condition to a 3 may be the absolute most. Even a 5 to a 4 may be a stretch. 

Honestly think a 3rd straight up is a pipe dream. 

• Like (+1) 2

I can see both sides on this one.

From purely a business plan perspective, it makes sense to trade him since we're really building for 2 years from now, when McCoy likely won't be here or be at his best anymore anyway. 

However...we're so strapped on weapons that it could make QB1's development even tougher. If the plan is to keep playing him the rest of this season and the return is going to be a 3rd round pick or lower, it might make sense to keep him .

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

We would basically be giving up on the season with this trade. I would do it for McCoy, he is not able to get quality touches in this offense.

Gave up on the season after that Bengals preseason game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HansLanda said:

We may all be thinking the haul is much more than being discussed. Getting a 4 that can condition to a 3 may be the absolute most. Even a 5 to a 4 may be a stretch. 

agree which to me is not worth it. I prefer McCoy stay a Bill

Unless they blow the doors off on this deal with a few picks over the next 2 years I would say no.

But then again Shady has been a good soldier so they should give him a chance to go out on a high note if that's what he wants.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, HansLanda said:

Whats a 3rd round pick increasing your contender chances? They are already good enough to win a title. Adding Shady could make it worth it.

Lets see.

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

We would basically be giving up on the season with this trade. I would do it for McCoy, he is not able to get quality touches in this offense.

It depends on what you mean by that. We're not going to win anything this season, we already know that. It's a development year. I think it all depends on how much they view McCoy as being a contributor to that development. 

Just now, nucci said:

agree which to me is not worth it. I prefer McCoy stay a Bill

Not to mention the optics that would bring with it when they are ready to spend on free agents in the offseason. Agent: "Bills want to sign you." Player: "So I'll get paid, but they may just trade me in a year or two and I'll have to move my family again? Pass."

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Not to mention the optics that would bring with it when they are ready to spend on free agents in the offseason. Agent: "Bills want to sign you." Player: "So I'll get paid, but they may just trade me in a year or two and I'll have to move my family again? Pass."

I don't think it would be that way with this one.  McCoy has been treated very well in Buffalo and I think he would welcome a chance to get back to Philly and be on a team that is talented enough to win a Super Bowl.  I would expect that he would have very kind words for the city and the organization on his way out the door if he was indeed heading back to Philly.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Love the man, but trade him if we can get a 3rd or even a 4th.  No brainer unless they think we can win this year.....

3 or 4 is not enough when you look at what he does provide right now for the overall team. I think it has to be a 2nd for us to even consider it and more than likely the eagles won't have a high pick to end the year, so you are looking mid round or later. 

• Like (+1) 1