Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

The Eagles would be the only team I think I would be ok trading him to. It's his home. Even playing here once his career is over no doubt he would do the "one day contract" and retire an Eagle. I think he would be happy going back, only downer for him is he missed that ring.

The Eagles may also be prone to overpay a tad. First off this would be a welcome PR move bringing back one of the fans all time favorite players. I have to wonder,if after winning a Super Bowl last year they are concearned about these early losses they have had. This puts the focus somewhere else. Also with Sproles set to retire next season it lets them slide McCoy into,his spot should they sign Bell in the off season.

Only way I make this move if I'm the GM is for a pick and a player. 3rd round or higher and maybe a skill position player. Don't think they give up Clement...but maybe Smallwood. Maybe some O line help instead. All in all...fun to speculate...but its not going to happen IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, liverpoolkev said:

They can't build culture when you keep peterman and get rid of a playmaker. That shows the team that the best players or playmakers don't stay... The DB that played last week was better than most of the WR, backup QB, a couple lineman. The team is growing tired of his lip service 

It's time for you to keep quiet.  Everyone who knows anything about football talks about how well McD has coached given a team with limited talent, and how he has a solid locker room.  But you somehow think you know different based on information you claim is true that you have no way of knowing is valid.  Do you hang out in the locker room?  No.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good point by tasker on radio ... wait until right before the deadline and decide. Play the MNF game, see where you are at, if the deal is good then maybe you pull the trigger if you are 2-6. 

By then Philly would have already turned to their Plan B or C

• Like (+1) 1

The Super Bowl window is very small for any team not in New England. If the Eagles believe a guy like McCoy could get them back there, which they might regardless of its veracity, they will overpay, and maybe by a lot. That doesn’t mean they believe McCoy is the missing link but it’s possible. 

Nfl trades, for some reason, are very often not for what a player is really worth. It’s often for way more or way less. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good point by tasker on radio ... wait until right before the deadline and decide. Play the MNF game, see where you are at, if the deal is good then maybe you pull the trigger if you are 2-6. 

By that time I would expect the Eagles to move on to someone else.

• Like (+1) 1

This is fine, but on the flipside, the price may go down from the Eagles as the weeks tick away...esp if they really get into dire straights with wins and losses. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Our luck, McCoy will get hurt himself, and we'll get nothing.  If you are going to move him, move him now.  Too risky to wait.

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

By Dan Lavoie Oct 9, 2018-Buffalo Rumblings

There’s also a salary implication to any trade discussion, though the impact is much lower than it would’ve been a year ago. Right now, the Bills owe McCoy just under $9 million for the season. If they trade him, it would accelerate an additional $2.625M of his signing bonus onto Buffalo’s 2018 salary cap as dead money. However, the team would save around $4 million from McCoy’s remaining 2018 salary, plus $6.425M in 2019, by not needing to pay McCoy’s salary anymore. The team to trade for McCoy would owe him those sums.

Not bad. I would pull it. 

5 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

As in John Butler? 

Cue Edith Baines Bunker voice: 

Those were the days... you knew who the Bills were then. Every year the wins were more than 10! The offense sure could use a man like Reed or Lofton again!

Didn’t have no botched field goal fakes... the offense always pulled it’s weight. And gee old Thurman ran great... THOSE WERE THE DAYYYS!

Bless you YE OLE.

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm inclined to agree. If he was disgruntled or something, then so be it. But he's not. He's happy, healthy, and was voted team captain.

If there is substance to the Texans' Watson injury being a punctured lung with Watson likely being held out of this weekend's game that is an emotional lift to the team and if we can be 3-3 this time next week then the morale only rises for the Bills.  Wrong time for sure to tamper with the roster in terms of McCoy.  If we could only convince the Eagles that they have a desperate need for Benjamin..................

Just now, oldmanfan said:

It's time for you to keep quiet.  Everyone who knows anything about football talks about how well McD has coached given a team with limited talent, and how he has a solid locker room.  But you somehow think you know different based on information you claim is true that you have no way of knowing is valid.  Do you hang out in the locker room?  No.

I see you have me confused with your kids .....MCD caused the limited talent by shipping the playmakers out and their inability to judge talent ( Tolbert, KB, Ducasse, ZAY, and his love for washed up Carolina players. Just because you like to keep your head in the sand that's up to you 

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

We would basically be giving up on the season with this trade. I would do it for McCoy, he is not able to get quality touches in this offense.

Received plenty last Sunday and helped the team win

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I would say a 3rd and maybe a sweetner like an additional 5th in 2020.  If we could get a second I would be thrilled but It would be hard to believe that we could get that for a 30 year old running back.  If it were anything less than a 3rd, I don't think it would be worth it considering how poor we are on offense.