Deshaun Watson chest injury

YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, Irv said:

I went out to get lunch today and Rochester WHAM had Bob Lonsberry's show on.  He was interviewing a local Sports Director (forget his name) who said that Houston insiders said that they didn't think that Watson would play and that he could have a punctured lung.  I checked the betting lines and they have not moved so it may be all nonsense.  Thought I would pass that along.  If that is old news or been covered elsewhere I apologize in advance.

A Rochester sports director said last night that Watson is listed as questionable and was limited in practice yesterday, but said Watson himself said he is playing.  I doubt anyone with a punctured lung would be practicing at all, and he did finish out the last game with whatever is wrong with him.  We'll see.  No matter who their QB is, I think the Bills D will do a good job.  The problem is with the Texans D line and the Bills O line, I'm hoping Josh and Shady stay out of the obituaries.  

The two QBs who have taken the most hits this season are Josh Allen and Deshaun Watson. But, Watson is a lot smaller than Allen. He simply isn't built to take that kind of punishment. Dude was a human piñata against Dallas last weekend.

36 minutes ago, October 1918 said:

When I was watching the Dallas - Houston game last weekend, I was sort of hoping that Watson took a beating... I think I'm a bad human being.   ?

Sort of hoping for someone to take a beating in football terms don't make one a bad person......

.....seriously hoping for someone to be permanently maimed or killed does, unless, of course, it's someone competing inside a ring or octagon.

58 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Sort of hoping for someone to take a beating in football terms don't make one a bad person...…

.....seriously hoping for someone to be permanently maimed or killed does, unless, of course, it's someone competing inside a ring or octagon.

Ha.

I don't want Watson to be dead or disabled or anything... just hurt enough to not be effective against the Bills this weekend. He can fully recover afterward. I'm okay with that. ?

2 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Whats the line.  if vegas still has it near 10 he is playing. If they tookbthe line down or it dropped substantially. Then he isn't.

Ah, the all-knowing Vegas. Can we forget the stunning prediction against the Vikings?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, October 1918 said:

The two QBs who have taken the most hits this season are Josh Allen and Deshaun Watson. But, Watson is a lot smaller than Allen. He simply isn't built to take that kind of punishment. Dude was a human piñata against Dallas last weekend.

Can we please quit with the smaller = somehow less tough assumptions?

I guess Clydesdales are somehow tougher than mules - not.

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Sort of hoping for someone to take a beating in football terms don't make one a bad person......

Did you just say it’s ok to root for death or being maimed if it’s in a fighting sport like boxing or MMA??

?

When I was watching the Dallas - Houston game last weekend, I was sort of hoping that Watson took a beating... I think I'm a bad human being.   ?

Don’t worry, I’m sure that’s not the only reason.....     ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Ah, the all-knowing Vegas. Can we forget the stunning prediction against the Vikings?

You missed the point. When there is a sizeable line and a key person is injured. Vegas will usually take that game off the board or adjust the line accordingly. Line is still near where it opened. He is playing

Spread is still 10

Moneyline is Bills +366, Texans -425

Edited by Chris66

Ha.

I don't want Watson to be dead or disabled or anything... just hurt enough to not be effective against the Bills this weekend. He can fully recover afterward. I'm okay with that. ?

Are you familiar with the concept of schanenfreude? Have you heard of the phrase, “what goes around, comes around?”

Get on your knees and pray for forgiveness from the football gods. 

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Are you familiar with the concept of schanenfreude? Have you heard of the phrase, “what goes around, comes around?”

Get on your knees and pray for forgiveness from the football gods. 

Oh, I'm on my knees now.

...wait, that didn't sound right.    ?

• Haha (+1) 1