Derek Anderson signed; Peterman QB2 week 6; Anderson Presser

YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep he’s basically josh McCown. Knows his role. He did the same thing for Cam newton for 7 years. I don’t know why people throw out his stats like it matters. All that matters is how well he mentors him in film sessions and on Gameday. 

McKown a far better QB.

I don't think Anderson did much to mentor Newton.....that's always overblown.  The guy is here for a paycheck and because he likes being around the game and hopes he gets an opportunity to start over Allen.

11 hours ago, GrizzReaper said:

Wow we had this high level business meeting weeks ago... Real slow on the trigger OBD. Well it's done got a vet... I can stop my whining now. Hopefully Allen makes the most of Anderson's experience. Can't see this addition as anything but good for our QB situation.

Chris Brown just said he thinks the Bills called him in the spring, before they signed McCarron, and he said he was uncertain as to whether he wanted to keep playing. Bills ended up signing McCarron but he was unhappy about being the #3 qb going into the season and uninterested in mentoring so they traded him and after seeing the first few games, decided to try to effort DA again and persuaded him off of his couch. Brown didn’t “report” that’s what happened, he was “speculating” - but it was an awfully detailed explanation and seemed like he knew that’s what went down. 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have to amend what I said earlier.  Until DA gets up to speed, you keep NP.  Then he's gone.

and I still think it's this  v

Coach McDermott: “Derek Anderson’s primary role is to add his wisdom to our young quarterback room. We’re excited to have him and his family in Buffalo.” #GoBills

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

49 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

McKown a far better QB.

I don't think Anderson did much to mentor Newton.....that's always overblown.  The guy is here for a paycheck and because he likes being around the game and hopes he gets an opportunity to start over Allen.

A couple of things here

Anderson doesnt have to be better then McKown to be a better mentor.....frankly some of these vet qbs are better teacher's then they are doers....would still take him over Peterman

Is Cam honestly going to listen to ANYONE to have someone be his mentor...has he ever showed that type of personality.....where as Josh Allen appears to be much more humble (so far)

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chris Brown just said he thinks the Bills called him in the spring, before they signed McCarron, and he said he was uncertain as to whether he wanted to keep playing. Bills ended up signing McCarron but he was unhappy about being the #3 qb going into the season and uninterested in mentoring so they traded him and after seeing the first few games, decided to try to effort DA again and persuaded him off of his couch. Brown didn’t “report” that’s what happened, he was “speculating” - but it was an awfully detailed explanation and seemed like he knew that’s what went down. 

So it seems "mentoring" is the topic at hand with the vets 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So it seems "mentoring" is the topic at hand with the vets 

It always has been. Even mort clarified his report about “possible playing time” from Sunday by saying it would be in the event of injury. Meaning the “plan” is not for him to be Kyle Orton part 2.

Edited by YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

A couple of things here

Anderson doesnt have to be better then McKown to be a better mentor.....frankly some of these vet qbs are better teacher's then they are doers....would still take him over Peterman

Is Cam honestly going to listen to ANYONE to have someone be his mentor...has he ever showed that type of personality.....where as Josh Allen appears to be much more humble (so far)

McKown has more experience on many teams backing up a lot of QBs.  I would take him to help out Allen

Anderson has sat behind Newton (who was a rookie Pro Bowler before he met Anderson) for years.

Anyone is better than Peterman.  Not sure why they are carrying 3 QBs now that they have Anderson.

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

and I still think it's this  v

It's very possible they cut NP and sign him to the PS.  He's still be allowed in the QB room.

22 minutes ago, PIZ said:

What did I miss about Marlowe?  I didn't expect him to be released, but I didn't see him make a ton of plays.  He always seemed to be a tad late on all the plays I saw him.

I figure if he clears waivers they'll put him on the PS.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

McKown has more experience on many teams backing up a lot of QBs.  I would take him to help out Allen

Anderson has sat behind Newton (who was a rookie Pro Bowler before he met Anderson) for years.

Anyone is better than Peterman.  Not sure why they are carrying 3 QBs now that they have Anderson.

Was McKown available?

shoukd we not try this because we can’t get mccown?

still a ton of experience in the qb room

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Was McKown available?

shoukd we not try this because we can’t get mccown?

still a ton of experience in the qb room

McKown not available.

Bills did this because Peterman is a nightmare.

The mentor stuff is overstated, particularly for this guy.  That's all.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Once I do t understand why the mentor stuff is overstated

just because the vet qb is not great on the field does not mean he cannot serve as. A excellent mentor

WEO being WEO.  It’s obvious to anyone that knows anything about life, that talking with someone that experienced with a matter will hell you understand it to a greater degree than you already do.  Signing Anderson will help Allen 100%.  No question.  That’s not to say that it’ll make him a great qb, but it will help him learn different nuances of the QB position that he may not have learned without an experienced QB there to advise him.