Derek Anderson signed; Peterman QB2 week 6; Anderson Presser

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Sure they could have

They could have kept TT and not drafted a QB

Were ppl not expecting growing pains?

Now we are 2-3....our rook is gaining valuable experience....and a veteran qb mentor i on board

Right but what was Anderson doing the previous 3 months?  Why wait.  After Cleveland it look obvious that Allen would give Buffalo the best chance to win.  Double down on Allen then.  Bring in Anderson give Allen the reps and precious time with the first team.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Right but what was Anderson doing the previous 3 months?  Why wait.  After Cleveland it look obvious that Allen would give Buffalo the best chance to win.  Double down on Allen then.  Bring in Anderson give Allen the reps and precious time with the first team.  

Nobody knows.....there was a rumor that Anderson was waiting for a opportunity with another team.....

Or maybe the bills thought they at least had a place holder with AJM

Then there is the worst scenario....that they still liked Peterman

On 10/11/2018 at 8:25 PM, YoloinOhio said:

For this week. Anderson just practiced for the first time yesterday. He can’t be the backup qb in 4 days.

If Allen gets hurt, and DA plays, DA is the primary backup. 

Matches up with the original report:

I understood McDermott was referring to the way Anderson would be used throughout the season.   It seems that he wants to forestall any quarterback controversy by stating the only way Anderson plays is if Allen gets injured.  I don't believe McDermott was suggesting Anderson would be #2 on the depth chart this week vs the Texans.

55 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I understood McDermott was referring to the way Anderson would be used throughout the season.   It seems that he wants to forestall any quarterback controversy by stating the only way Anderson plays is if Allen gets injured.  I don't believe McDermott was suggesting Anderson would be #2 on the depth chart this week vs the Texans.

Right, he directly said Peterman is. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 10/9/2018 at 11:38 AM, SWATeam said:

I like the move but I don't understand the timing.  Why do it now, 5 games into the season?  Why not at the beginning of the year?  What changed?

They really thought Peterman was NFL material because he looked good in shorts and red jerseys?