Derek Anderson signed; Peterman QB2 week 6; Anderson Presser

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Josh has a long way to go, obviously. But I was all in favor of starting him right away. The idea of starting Nate even now seems so crazy, which it was. To not have a decent QB coach or veteran on the team to help him was unfathomable. There was a shot last week when Josh was on the sidelines and he was sitting alone, and instead of looking at that tablet he was seen reading the Jim Morrison biography, "No One Here Gets Out Alive."

yep saw that shot. a bit odd.
The Lizard King wrote some books of poetry as well. so do not give up on Josh and his mental state just yet " )

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was reported that Anderson will be the backup and play in case of injury 

I just listened to McDermotts Wednesday PC and he said that Peterman would be the number 2. Has something happened since then?

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

#2 this week with Anderson just arriving.

Maybe, but that’s not what he said at the PC. He said that Peterman status with the team, as the number 2 QB, hasn’t changed. I’m just trying to figure out if Anderson becoming the prime backup is just a guess or if anyone associated with the team actually said it.

1 hour ago, vincec said:

I just listened to McDermotts Wednesday PC and he said that Peterman would be the number 2. Has something happened since then?

For this week. Anderson just practiced for the first time yesterday. He can’t be the backup qb in 4 days.

42 minutes ago, vincec said:

Maybe, but that’s not what he said at the PC. He said that Peterman status with the team, as the number 2 QB, hasn’t changed. I’m just trying to figure out if Anderson becoming the prime backup is just a guess or if anyone associated with the team actually said it.

If Allen gets hurt, and DA plays, DA is the primary backup. 

Matches up with the original report:

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart

Position First Second Third
QB Josh Allen Nathan Peterman Derek Anderson

9 hours ago, vincec said:

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

9 hours ago, vincec said:

Key words: "for now"

How Derek Anderson Could Become Bills' Starting QB

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer

r445736_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- As Buffalo Bills players walked off the field Thursday, defensive tackle Kyle Williams teased quarterback Derek Anderson that the gray T-shirt he wore under his No. 3 jersey hardly showed any signs of sweat after a 90-minute practice.

"I’ve seen a lot of football -- I’ve been through a lot of ups and downs in my career and just be a guy that he can lean on," Anderson said Wednesday, one day after the veteran signal-caller signed a contract with the Bills. "[He can] ask me any question."

Beyond serving as the sage of the quarterback room, what would it take for Anderson to be pressed into duty as the starter? Other than an injury to Allen, it is hard to say at this point.

For now, the bigger question is whether Anderson is capable of being Allen's backup. Bills coach Sean McDermott said Wednesday that Nathan Peterman will continue as the team's No. 2 quarterback, meaning Anderson likely will be inactive when the Bills travel Sunday to play the Houston Texans. However, McDermott considered the topic a "crystal ball question" in which he could not predict the future.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

.....maybe I missed the memo, but aren't we back at Square 1 with an OLDER "Vet presence"?......Anderson is an older version of McCarron with no ambition to start unless called upon versus AJ who was looking to start until Josh was ready IMO............sure AJ exhibited expected ring rust in the last pre-season game post injury, but rebounded nicely in the 4th...would have kept him versus McBeane pulling the trigger for a coveted, envious 5th.......I'm sure the 2019 "blue chipper list" for the 5th round is glowing.......big gaffe IMO expecting PeteredOut to be "live ammo ready"....and while we're at it, was dumping Glenn the right move with our OL apparently being all set (COUGH)?.......started all 4 Bengals' games at LT, is still healthy and Andy has only been sacked 7 times.......certainly are some head scratching moves.........

I don’t care if Anderson knows 5 plays. He needs to be active Sunday. That defense can hurt Allen. If Allen goes down, Peterman can’t play. I’d rather see Anderson with a limited playbook then anything with Peterman. I don’t care if Peterman knows all of our plays and all of Houston’s plays...he can’t see the field.

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I don't think the Bills could have botched the QB position more than they did this year. 

Sure they could have

They could have kept TT and not drafted a QB

Were ppl not expecting growing pains?

Now we are 2-3....our rook is gaining valuable experience....and a veteran qb mentor i on board