Derek Anderson signed; Peterman QB2 week 6; Anderson Presser

YoloinOhio

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Allen looks the way he has the last 2 weeks, I’m good with Anderson starting for a bit. This team has a real good defense. Allen has gotten some good work regardless. Play better or sit out until you are ready. I’m not asking for it, it will depend on Allen...but I am okay with the idea.

Only way Allen sees the Bench is Injury. 

Well that better be because if Anderson takes a snap and Allen is healthy. Ooo jesus these guys are horrible 

Just now, Bangarang said:

Probably for a week until he has a chance to learn the offense. I expect Peterman to get cut pretty quickly.

I meant #3 on the jersey. Wanna reload this wasted EJ that was a premature waste of money. He won’t be #3 on the depth chart. Peterman will never matter again. A few more bad starts and Anderson will be starting 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Only way Allen sees the Bench is Injury. 

Well that better be because if Anderson takes a snap and Allen is healthy. Ooo jesus these guys are horrible 

I just don’t agree with this. I think it was a plan to have Allen sit and I’m not sure that it’s still not a thought. Allen is not ready. The guy has been as bad as any qb I have seen (besides Peterman) the last 2 weeks. He needs time. That’s why Peterman started week 1.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I work in HR.  I'll keep checking to see if I receive a resume from a Nathan Peterman.

He will probably be using an alias if he stays in WNY to improve his chances. Be thorough on that background check! 

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just don’t agree with this. I think it was a plan to have Allen sit and I’m not sure that it’s still not a thought. Allen is not ready. The guy has been as bad as any qb I have seen (besides Peterman) the last 2 weeks. He needs time. That’s why Peterman started week 1.

Then if that was thr Plan they should have signed Derek Anderson in the Offseason. 

You ONLY pull Allen with Injury at this point. That ship has sailed 

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Then if that was thr Plan they should have signed Derek Anderson in the Offseason. 

You ONLY pull Allen with Injury at this point. That ship has sailed 

I mostly agree that you stick with JA and hope the game slows down for him and he grasps NFL defenses,  hot reads, accuracy, and how to manage the pocket...etc...

However, if you are McBeane, you might be thinking after the AFC South gauntlet we have some big-boy games vs,  New England on MNF and Chicago in back to back weeks. 

First off, as is today, they can't score enough to keep up with New England.  And they may not be able to move the ball much at all vs a tough Bears D.    They don't want to be embarrassed on MNF so if Allen is coming off more putrid passing games maybe Anderson gets some of that game.. and possibly Chicago as well.

5 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I like the move but I don't understand the timing.  Why do it now, 5 games into the season?  Why not at the beginning of the year?  What changed?

They just caught up going thru all of the postings on TBD for fan suggestions.   Next they may add a WR. ;)

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I mostly agree that you stick with JA and hope the game slows down for him and he grasps NFL defenses,  hot reads, accuracy, and how to manage the pocket...etc...

However, if you are McBeane, you might be thinking after the AFC South gauntlet we have some big-boy games vs,  New England on MNF and Chicago in back to back weeks. 

First off, as is today, they can't score enough to keep up with New England.  And they may not be able to move the ball much at all vs a tough Bears D.    They don't want to be embarrassed on MNF so if Allen is coming off more putrid passing games maybe Anderson gets some of that game.. and possibly Chicago as well.

So basically we finally have a backup QB. No QB controversy unless Allen has a couple bad games.

Here's my 2 cents.  Allen starts but is on a short leash. Not that he loses his starting job, but if he's having a tough time and the game is moving fast, put Anderson in for a series of two to watch what's happening and recognize the pressures without being a piñata. Nobody said teams have to follow every rule. 

Last night I saw 2 QB's on the field at the same time in NO. It's called creatively using your best players to create mismatches and win games. We need to ride the momentum of our players, do different things.  

For my baseball analogy I look at my favorite team, the Oakland A's.. One of the lowest payrolls in baseball. 6 starting pitchers on IR and they go to the bullpen game with an opener to get through some games and end up winning 97 and being a playoff team.  

We don't need stars all over the field, what we need is some innovation.  No one said we can't use Anderson and Allen in the same game. It's not against the rules.

Edited by BillsRdue

They should have hired him as a "consultant" for a few weeks and saved roster spot.

There is a rule preventing coaches from being signed to roster because of some shenanigans a team pulled once stashing players on coaching staff but since he was not active player I think they could sign him as adviser for a few weeks for him to help revise playbooks and then sign him but NFL front office would probably call it a cap violation if not done by P*ts.