Derek Anderson signed; Peterman QB2 week 6; Anderson Presser

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Release Marlowe after the game he had on Sunday?  Wow, you ball out, get released.  You suck balls, like Pickerman, you stay on the team.  WTF McBeane?

They dont want Anderson to have to come in this week if Allen gets hurt as he doesnt know enough of the offense (scary I know) but I bet Peterman is still on the roster for a couple weeks

50 minutes ago, fridge said:

“Hey let’s cut a guy that played well when thrust into his first regular season action!”

Seriously, who was the guy that completely whiffed the tackle on Williams’ long punt return yesterday? We can’t cut that guy?

Lacey Underall is another cut I would have made before Marlowe, but I can't blame him for the missed tackle, it was a fair catch that wasn't called.  PR cheated and got away with it.

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Release Marlowe after the game he had on Sunday?  Wow, you ball out, get released.  You suck balls, like Pickerman, you stay on the team.  WTF McBeane?

Welcome to life in the nfl as a fringe player only brought up for injury. I do think NP will be going to PS within a week or so. 

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

They dont want Anderson to have to come in this week if Allen gets hurt as he doesnt know enough of the offense (scary I know) but I bet Peterman is still on the roster for a couple weeks

!@#$ that.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Welcome to life in the nfl as a fringe player only brought up for injury. I do think NP will be going to PS within a week or so. 

Marlowe earned a spot on the roster with his play Sunday.  Sends the wrong message to cut him.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Peterman is on the 53 for now, but I think it’s a matter of time before he’s cut. Just need DA to learn the playbook first. He may not be active until week 7

That makes sense.  I just don't see any other rational reason for keeping him.  He is clearly just a practice type player, but when real bullets fly, he's not ready for prime time.

9 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

You guys are funny for sure. Anderson is nothing more than a player/ coach and won't be active for a game as long as no injuries occur. Not only will Peterman be kept on the active roster as the back up, he will be on it in 2019 as well.

I do not see this happening.   Buffalo traded McCarron with the hopes that Peterman was able to serve as the stop gap or backup.    That clearly did not work out.  

It would make no sense to sign Anderson is there wasn't an intent to eventually replace Peterman this year as the backup.  I'm only surprised that it didn't happen sooner.   Peterman is only on the roster until Anderson gets up to speed with the playbook. 

I like the idea of the signing, I just hope we didn't lose Marlowe by gambling on being able to put him back on the practice squad.

Edited by dgrochester55

1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

I do not see this happening.   Buffalo traded McCarron with the hopes that Peterman was able to serve as the stop gap or backup.    That clearly did not work out.  

It would make no sense to sign Anderson is there wasn't an intent to eventually replace Peterman this year as the backup.  I'm only surprised that it didn't happen sooner.   Peterman is only on the roster until Anderson gets up to speed with the playbook. 

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I believe Peterman is McDermott's guy. He'll keep him around as long as he can.

12 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

You guys are funny for sure. Anderson is nothing more than a player/ coach and won't be active for a game as long as no injuries occur. Not only will Peterman be kept on the active roster as the back up, he will be on it in 2019 as well.

I can buy into that.   

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Everyone keeps saying this but Marlowe really had one job Sunday. Don't get beat deep. Every time I paid attention to the defensive alignment, it was very similar. Cover 1 with Marlowe ~20 yards deep. Poyer up near the line. It was very obvious their defensive game plan to hide Marlowe was literally sticking him up top and telling him not to let anyone behind him. He did fine, but nothing earth shattering