Derek Anderson signed; Peterman QB2 week 6; Anderson Presser

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I’m a little disappointed they released Dean Marlowe. I thought he filled in rather well Sunday. 

I guess the line of scrimmage battle was enough that he didn't really do too much in reality?  Odd

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hopefully it means Hyde is ready to practice. Maybe Marlowe will go back to PS

Weird 

They don't know what the line should be now that Marlowe has been released. He was responsible for 3-4 points of the spread, easy.

Edited by Domdab99
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I like the move but I don't understand the timing.  Why do it now, 5 games into the season?  Why not at the beginning of the year?  What changed?

From our end the choices were extremely few and from Anderson's POV maybe he was hoping for a likely playoff team.

Details: http://bufbills.co/DPHZYd 

DpE18uMW4AMI8xj.jpg

“First and foremost, he’s a team first guy,” said Bills head coach Sean McDermott. “A guy that has been around, whether as a starter or a backup. A lot of football over the years. He’s got a good outlook on the game from an offensive standpoint. He understands defenses. So there’s just a lot of value to it in terms of where we are right now in that quarterback room.

Both GM Brandon Beane and head coach Sean McDermott are wholly familiar with Anderson as a player having spent the better part of six seasons around Anderson. The veteran signal caller served as Cam Newton’s backup with the Panthers organization from 2011 to 2016.

To make room for Anderson on the active roster, the Bills released safety Dean Marlowe.

The Bills also added tight end Keith Towbridge to the practice squad and released cornerback Michael Hunter

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Peterman is on the 53 for now, but I think it’s a matter of time before he’s cut. Just need DA to learn the playbook first. He may not be active until week 7

That's what I was thinking too. If Josh gets hurt, you can't have DA coming off the bench after only five days on the team.

37 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I’m a little disappointed they released Dean Marlowe. I thought he filled in rather well Sunday. 

36 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Unless someone picks him up, Marlowe will be back on the PS as soon as they are allowed to do it.

Agreed...I am just worried that someone is going to pick him up, though.

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know why it wasn’t earlier unless it was DA’s choice to wait.

Hopefully it is part of the plan, and not something reactionary because they are worried about Josh's development so far.

40 minutes ago, HulkSmashMafia said:

because they would never release HOFamer peterman

To be fair, you can't really have your backup QB be a guy who's had 3 practices with the team.  Although I do think it's a fair question as to who would be worse: Anderson w/o knowing the playbook, or Peterman with full prep?

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Peterman is on the 53 for now, but I think it’s a matter of time before he’s cut. Just need DA to learn the playbook first. He may not be active until week 7

I tend to think so too, but I won't count on it till it happens.  McDermott seems to really love Peterman.  I'm usually in favor of keeping 3 QBs unless you have a franchise guy, but when one of the 3 is Peterman, I think it's fine to go down to 2.

12 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Agreed...I am just worried that someone is going to pick him up, though.

At this point I would have been fine with keeping Marlowe on the active roster and releasing Rafael Bush.

• Like (+1) 1