The Draft Network - Josh Allen's Struggles Go Beyond Lackluster Supporting Cast

HappyDays

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

There is not a fact in there....just your version of what happened and what might happen.....those are opinions not facts

Dont even know that Tyrod was traded......but then you know....those darn facts

You know this would be easier -->  :wallbash:

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I supposed HC's dont ever make mistakes during a NFL season......(Tyrod was not even playing well when they made that change....it was understood why they made the change)

But then....you know the team still made the playoffs.....those darn facts again

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You know this would be easier -->  :wallbash:

I will get their War....this guy is a clown

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There is not a fact in there....just your version of what happened and what might happen.....those are opinions not facts

Dont even know that Tyrod was traded......but then you know....those darn facts

? I knew Tyrod was traded.   Traded or cut its the same difference.   He wasn't coming back, that's the bottom line. Whether the found a trade partner or not, Tyrod was not wearing a Bills jersey this year, and if you believe that, you're delusional. 

What I'm stating is absolutely fact.   Look at the timeline of mistakes!   Look how they back tracked to fix the mistakes.  It doesn't take a godamn rocket scientist to see what happened! It simply takes someone who isn't drinking kool-aid, and is looking at the facts objectively.

On 10/9/2018 at 10:29 AM, Gugny said:

"Don't turn the ball over and force your opponent to go the entire field equals a win."

Isn't this true for any team?

In the 90's maybe. You shouldn't have a chance at winning a game with 12 points now. You're making the field position argument, some are for it. I don't believe it. I think the upper half of the league has a chance to march down the field and score, regardless of where they start.

On 10/9/2018 at 10:58 AM, No Place To Hyde said:

No way. Not even a question. At least Allen is working on those things 100% in practice and in live games. Jackson is working on gimmick plays. 

I would agree hes behind Darnold...who had most of the off season working with the 1s. He is behind Rosen who has more around him to help out. And hey, hey was behind both coming in. No change there. 

One thing I do see,with Allen is he isn't making the same mistakes over and over. He spends a game doing something poorly and the following week it's been corrected. 

He's learning to throw the ball away. He is learning to hang longer in the pocket. Timing and trust will come,as well. If I was placing a $5,000 bet I would say we see a 250 yard game before another sub 90 yard game.

So he's behind Darnold who spent most of the off season working with the 1's. Both of the QB's we had working with the 1's most of this team should be off the roster within in the next few weeks. Would you put that on McDermott?

The way you phrase that sounds like an excuse for Allen and the team, when maybe it shouldn't. Not trying to put words in your mouth, I could be taking it out of context.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

On 10/9/2018 at 2:59 PM, HappyDays said:

Shock horror : The draft network don't like Allen. You mean the guys who were trashing Josh Allen more than anyone else before the draft, don't like him after. Wow.

On 10/9/2018 at 9:10 AM, RyanC883 said:

(1) Allen does need to develop; but 

(2) the supporting cast sucks. 

Yes, both are true, but like the All-22 shows, Allen is the one limiting the supporting cast at the moment, so it doesn't really matter. Until he gets to be even semi-decent, the limits of the supporting cast don't really matter as much. Once he makes it to even their level, THEN the supporting cast's issues stand out more.

But if we're saying his supporting cast sucks, and he's the worst player on the entire offense regardless of who's out there, then you may as well say Allen sucks too considering they're not the problem atm.

11 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No. Nobody aside from maybe Deshone Kizer has looked as bad as Peterman did this year. Peterman is measurably the worst QB to get this many chances this millennium.

He is the worst Quarterback I have ever seen start in the NFL for any team and I have been watching since 2002 and watching pretty comprehensively across the whole league since 2008. 

7 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

good analysis of this play (and Allen’s struggle reading a defense) by Erik Turner (Cover 1). 

I think I said in the gameday thread "that is so, so bad" in reference to that play. It was horrible. 

My point again about the people who are already blaming Daboll for everything - look what he is working with. That right there is as simple and standard an NFL concept as you get and yet he has a Quarterback who can't execute. Not many plays in the playbook you can call for an offense with no playmakers outside, a rookie Quarterback who still has no idea what he is looking at and a line that is poor at blocking. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Your fricken delusional

What about the way he describes the handling of the Quarterback position is wrong John? 

They have started Nathan Peterman over better Quarterbacks than him twice. They signed a vet in FA who they traded before the season started and they took the consensus most raw of the top 4 prospects in the draft. 

Their approach has been at the very least "high risk". 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

? I knew Tyrod was traded.   Traded or cut its the same difference.   He wasn't coming back, that's the bottom line. Whether the found a trade partner or not, Tyrod was not wearing a Bills jersey this year, and if you believe that, you're delusional. 

What I'm stating is absolutely fact.   Look at the timeline of mistakes!   Look how they back tracked to fix the mistakes.  It doesn't take a godamn rocket scientist to see what happened! It simply takes someone who isn't drinking kool-aid, and is looking at the facts objectively.

Trade or cut its's the same difference.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

In the 90's maybe. You shouldn't have a chance at winning a game with 12 points now. You're making the field position argument, some are for it. I don't believe it. I think the upper half of the league has a chance to march down the field and score, regardless of where they start.

So he's behind Darnold who spent most of the off season working with the 1's. Both of the QB's we had working with the 1's most of this team should be off the roster within in the next few weeks. Would you put that on McDermott?

The way you phrase that sounds like an excuse for Allen and the team, when maybe it shouldn't. Not trying to put words in your mouth, I could be taking it out of context.

In my view I would put it on both McDermott and Beane. There were options in FA to bring in a QB that was able to hold it down if they wanted Allen to sit if that was the plan. If they planned on him playing this year he should have been given 1st team reps and gotten him more experience.

Not meant to be an excuse for anyone at all. We knew, draft experts knew and even the Bills knew that of all the QBs coming out (aside from Jackson) Allen would need the most support and time. He hasn't gotten that yet in my opinion. Next year should tell a new story.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Trade or cut its's the same difference.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

Was Tyrod going to be cut before his bonus if Buffalo hadn't found a trade partner? 

Yes

They simply found someone to give them a return where they otherwise would have gotten nothing. 

Tyrod was good as gone this year. End of story. 

16 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Was Tyrod going to be cut before his bonus if Buffalo hadn't found a trade partner? 

Yes

They simply found someone to give them a return where they otherwise would have gotten nothing. 

Tyrod was good as gone this year. End of story. 

Difference = Draft pick

13 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That was hideous. 

It’s scary, to be perfectly honest. 

I’m trying hard to keep the faith.... 

It'll sure help if I see some improvements in this area as the season goes on.

I really want to believe that he can improve at reading defenses and finding open receivers, but it’s hard to when he just hasn’t shown much of any ability to do it so far in his college and NFL career. 

Dont get me wrong, I haven’t given up on him by any means. But he has yet to ease any of the fears I had when we drafted him. 

15 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And on Sunday, we just might see Josh Allen 2018 vs. the Josh Allen of 2012:

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/harris-we-might-see-weeden-against-allen-week

I hope this isn't how it works out for Allen, but there are similarities ...

Josh Allen was drafted as a 29-year old who started 2 full years at Oklahoma State? News to me.

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It’s scary, to be perfectly honest. 

I’m trying hard to keep the faith.... 

It'll sure help if I see some improvements in this area as the season goes on.

I really want to believe that he can improve at reading defenses and finding open receivers, but it’s hard to when he just hasn’t shown much of any ability to do it so far in his college and NFL career. 

Dont get me wrong, I haven’t given up on him by any means. But he has yet to ease any of the fears I had when we drafted him. 

Hopefully the diagnosis and recognition skills improve and speed up as he gains experience. 

• Like (+1) 1