Ajayi out for season, Bell and Shady possible trade targets

40 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If only to do McCoy a solid. Eagles can still win the NFCE. No reason for McCoy to slog it out on a rebuilding squad that is far away from contending. 

If the Eagles are willing to give us a second round pick I'd do it in a heartbeat as much as I love Shady.

16 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The compensation at best would likely be a 4th maybe 5th. I’d do it though, he’s got limited time left and the Eagles can still do something this year. This team has tons  of holes and another draft pick will help restock the shelves. 

No way for that, a Third at minimum and a player.

37 minutes ago, cba fan said:

If Eagles call and offer a 1st...…..I would ask Shady if he wants to go back to Philly and leave it all up to him.

Philly will never offer a 1st so not happening.

If they called and offered a first, I’d have Shady’s bags packed and waiting on the curb.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He's on the wrong side of thirty, behind a garbage O-line... It's just a matter of time before disaster, IMO... Plus, he's got baby-mamma drama up the ying-yang...

I'd deal him for a 3rd and half-decent TE.... He never really did what he was supposed to do here...

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

He's on the wrong side of thirty, behind a garbage O-line... It's just a matter of time before disaster, IMO... Plus, he's got baby-mamma drama up the ying-yang...

I'd deal him for a 3rd and half-decent TE.... He never really did what he was supposed to do here...

What was he supposed to do besides gain 3000+ on the ground and lead the team in receptions every year?

Citizenship might be a different topic, but Shady McCoy is the best player to put on a Bills uniform this century and he has been the only blue chip offensive player on the team every year he has been here.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

If Marcus Murphy is someone they are confident could step into a much bigger role and be productive than yes.  Otherwise, they've been coasting on Shady being the only big weapon on offense for the rookie Allen, taking him away would put it all on Allen.  Not something I'd role the dice on.

Murphy has virtually disappeared once allthe regular season hits starting coming. He’s a little dude. 

Hmm!  Interesting.  I do think the Bills owe it to Shady to give him some say in this.  I'm not giving up Shady without a fairly high pick.  I don't know that a first is realistic given his age, but I'm thinking a second round pick.  I'm probably using that pick to get the best running back I can in the draft.  Unfortunately, Bryce Love will be long gone by the time the second round rolls around.  He would be a real nice replacement for Shady.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

The compensation at best would likely be a 4th maybe 5th. I’d do it though, he’s got limited time left and the Eagles can still do something this year. This team has tons  of holes and another draft pick will help restock the shelves. 

Thanks for bringing a dose of sanity to this thread.   The Eagles aren’t trading a second or third round draft choice for a 30-year old RB.  They can probably get Le’Veon Bell for that price and can sign someone off a practice squad for free.  If Beane can get a fourth, he’s a genius.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

That 4th or 5th they would get is going to become the cornerstone of the future!

I wouldn't trade Shady at all, especially not for a 4th or a 5th, but in fairness, Matt Milano and Taron Johnson say hello...

If the right person is making the picks, that 4th or 5th could be a cornerstone.