Ajayi out for season, Bell and Shady possible trade targets

9 hours ago, blacklabel said:

The past few weeks have shown quite the lack of confidence in Murphy as he's been a healthy scratch. He consistently whiffed on blitz pick ups and struggles all around as a blocker because of his size.

If they trade Shady, they better think about picking up someone else from a practice squad or wherever because Ivory/Murphy isn't going to cut it.

I doubt it happens but some offers can be hard to pass up as well.  We will see if anything shakes out.  

17 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We would literally be trading away the best receiver on the team and definitely not getting an established wr back.

And how effing sad is that?  Our best receiver is a 30 year old RB, who to date hasn't gotten us any better than second place in the AFCE.

I can appreciate hwo talented McCoy is, which is exactly why I deal him to help rebuild this team.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/9/2018 at 9:59 AM, nedboy7 said:

Just giving up on the team and trying to get that 11th pick.  Get a grip. 

I'm not for trading McCoy unless he wants out.

I'd be more inclined to call you an idiot. What do you expect out of this team?

On 10/9/2018 at 12:51 PM, nedboy7 said:

You give up on a 2-3 season?  Pathetic. You ain’t a fan. 

I like that you get the highly esteemed position of determining who is a fan and who isn't. It's like a God complex, but for stupid people who aren't able to realize sports place in life.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think the Bills have a chance to prove that RBs can still rule the game, and they feed QBs the ball.  Take our situation.

Allen can dump off to these guys and no matter what they'll work out 3.5 yards a down.

Force that down teams throats and you open up a lot.

We need to keep all big name weapons out so they eat up defenders, make em pay if they don't.

• Like (+1) 2

Hurt here, he'd be hurt there. He is loved in Buffalo, we can't give up on such a great contributor.  

They need to bring Ivory and Shady out more, bring the name-brand weapons out to spread the defenses.   The point is these guys could keep moving the chains if you found ways to pepper them in as WRs and switch to RBs.

Maybe I'm overblowing these guys talent, but have fun covering those 2 on play action or options or whatever theyre called.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Thirty year olds RB's who aren't power RB's are about to enter football hospice.  Get what you can for him while he's still valuable.  I don't see us making a SB run this year or next.  It's rebuild time.

football hospice,

I hate it when that happens Doc...

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Thirty year olds RB's who aren't power RB's are about to enter football hospice.  Get what you can for him while he's still valuable.  I don't see us making a SB run this year or next.  It's rebuild time.

This.

And for me personally I find it hard to root for the guy. He's great on the field but off it I just don't like him.

They're certainly a better team this year with him than without him. But this is a rebuild.

Edited by Thurman#1

I would move Shady in a hot minute for a 2nd round pick. Ivory is a pounder and Murphy looked great in the preseason so the cupboard wouldn’t be bare.

This is a rebuild.  

Shady is an older running back with a sizable cap hit.  If I were Beane, I’d thank Shady for playing hard for this franchise, wish him all the best, and then grab that pick.

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I would move Shady in a hot minute for a 2nd round pick. Ivory is a pounder and Murphy looked great in the preseason so the cupboard wouldn’t be bare.

This is a rebuild.  

Shady is an older running back with a sizable cap hit.  If I were Beane, I’d thank Shady for playing hard for this franchise, wish him all the best, and then grab that pick.

If they put it in his lap and said "we got an offer. You say yes or know and we will do it. We want you here but also want you to wear a ring. This is your chance. If he says yes send him. If he says no, dont. Simple as that.

On 10/9/2018 at 9:41 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you sure Murphy has been a healthy scratch?  I believe he has a rib injury too.

Yeah, pretty sure. I know he had the rib thing more recently but a couple of weeks ago he was a healthy scratch. He'd been struggling with pass protection, blitz pickup and had dropped a couple of passes as well. If they do trade Shady, I don't know that I'd be comfortable rolling with just Ivory and Murphy. I know they have Keith Ford on the practice squad but I didn't see too much from him in pre-season. I'd assume they'd snag a guy off a practice squad somewhere.

14 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I doubt it happens but some offers can be hard to pass up as well.  We will see if anything shakes out.  

Yeah, no doubt. I just think that even if they did bring Murphy back up, I'd still wanna bring in one more back just in case. They have Ford on the practice squad but if I'm them, I'd scan the waiver wire and other practice squads around the league to see what's around.

• Like (+1) 1

I hate all the talk of trading McCoy for a pick, it's quitter talk.  It's like we're thinking the Bills are guaranteed to have better talent next year or in the near future.

They aren't.

I would keep letting McCoy be the star for Buffalo.  It keeps the heat off a growing Allen and gives the chance for a pass game for the WRs. 

Edited by Toldyathe DroughtIsOver
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Toldyathe DroughtIsOver said:

I hate all the talk of trading McCoy for a pick, it's quitter talk.  It's like we're thinking the Bills are guaranteed to have better talent next year or in the near future.

They aren't.

I would keep letting McCoy be the star for Buffalo.  It keeps the heat off a growing Allen and gives the chance for a pass game for the WRs. 

Exactly. This BS about quitting on a 2-3 that is learning how to win is just an extension of learning to accept losing for 17 years. Get that crap out of here. We are about to punch Houston in the mouth! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/10/2018 at 10:03 AM, nedboy7 said:

Exactly. This BS about quitting on a 2-3 that is learning how to win is just an extension of learning to accept losing for 17 years. Get that crap out of here. We are about to punch Houston in the mouth! 

You've gotta be old. What are you? 50? 60?

You believe in every tired cliche.