Congrats Drew Brees

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, it’s pretty insane. That’s why I’ve argued how great Brees is. The end of his career will have double the yards that Rodgers has at this point!!

Yep. It's like baseball. You get 3,000 hits and it's incredible. And then you have to have six more full seasons of 200 hits to get to Pete Rose and hardly anyone gets 200 hits in a season.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I saw a thing the other day that if Andrew Luck has 10 straight 5,000 yard seasons, keep in mind there have been 9 such seasons in NFL history (5 of which belong to Brees), he still won’t catch him. Luck would be 39 at that point!! 

Also, Brees isn’t done yet. He’s going to get to 80,000+ yards. That’s the equivalent of 16 5,000 yard seasons. I don’t think we ever see anyone beat that mark.

Obviously too early to tell, but Mahomes may have a shot; I'm also a little confused why you're calling him underrated? I didn't think he'd belong in that category

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah I really don't want Brady to have something like this to hang over everyone else.

Brady won’t catch him. Brady is 2 years older and Brees opens the gap a little each year. He might not be done with 5,000 yard seasons yet. I think that he has AT LEAST 3 years left. I’m not sure that Brady will hang that long.

I put him up there with Barry Sanders as one of my all time favorite non-Bills players. 

I was fortunate to meet him in 2008 when I was in Iraq. He was as down to earth as they come. We talked about 10 minutes or so. I told him that he was going to win the Superbowl in his career and he did 2 years later. 

I met the DE for the Giants the same day. The one with the difficult name. I told him I was so happy they beat the Patriots a few months earlier. He asked me if I was a Giants fan. I told him no I just hate the f-ing Patriots. He replied we all f-ing hate the Patriots. 

Sorry to kind of go off topic. Him reaching this milestone brought back this great memory. 

FB_IMG_1539050467933.jpg

Edited by bills7834
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Obviously too early to tell, but Mahomes may have a shot; I'm also a little confused why you're calling him underrated? I didn't think he'd belong in that category

He’s going to finish his career with the most yards, the most completions, MAYBE the most TDs (at worst 2nd most), and the highest single season completion percentage. It is VERY rare that you hear him in the discussion as the best ever. He belongs in the conversation. He has always been considered below Manning, Brady and Rodgers. I’m not sure that he belongs a tier below. 

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Rodgers is almost 32,000 yards behind him at this point and will be 35 at the end of the season. I don’t see it. People don’t realize how truly incredible that number is. 

Agreed. Durability is huge as well. You virtually got to stay healthy for 15-18 straight seasons and absolutely tear it up every year.

Going to be very tough to beat

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Rodgers is almost 32,000 yards behind him at this point and will be 35 at the end of the season. I don’t see it. People don’t realize how truly incredible that number is. 

Like I said I was just taking a shot without actually looking at any stats when I threw Rodgers name out there, but I had no idea he was that far behind him.  What Brees has accomplished in his career is really mind-blowing when you think about it especially because of the way he has gone under the radar due to the huge spotlight on Brady and Manning during his era.  I think this record will be pretty safe for a LONG time knowing that Rodgers has no shot chasing it down and there really isn't anybody else out there I can even think of that I would be worried about catching it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s going to finish his career with the most yards, the most completions, MAYBE the most TDs (at worst 2nd most), and the highest single season completion percentage. It is VERY rare that you hear him in the discussion as the best ever. He belongs in the conversation. He has always been considered below Manning, Brady and Rodgers. I’m not sure that he belongs a tier below. 

You are correct.  Brady and Brees made a lot of yards with WRs who weren't superstuds when they got in NO/NE.  GOAT QBs make these guys much better than they are.

Rodgers can't be in the GOAT at this point in his career.  One of the best playing now? Sure.  GOAT?  Not even in the discussion

• Like (+1) 1