Congrats Drew Brees

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The most underrated player of his generation is now the all-time leading passer!! Brees will end up with numbers that will never be touched. I’m not much of a Saints fan but respect the hell out of him.

Probably not though if the current passing trend lasts long enough with the next generation it might not be too safe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Probably not though if the current passing trend lasts long enough with the next generation it might not be too safe.

I saw a thing the other day that if Andrew Luck has 10 straight 5,000 yard seasons, keep in mind there have been 9 such seasons in NFL history (5 of which belong to Brees), he still won’t catch him. Luck would be 39 at that point!! 

Also, Brees isn’t done yet. He’s going to get to 80,000+ yards. That’s the equivalent of 16 5,000 yard seasons. I don’t think we ever see anyone beat that mark.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I saw a thing the other day that if Andrew Luck has 10 straight 5,000 yard seasons, keep in mind there have been 9 such seasons in NFL history (5 of which belong to Brees), he still won’t catch him. Luck would be 39 at that point!! 

Also, Brees isn’t done yet. He’s going to get to 80,000+ yards. That’s the equivalent of 16 5,000 yard seasons. I don’t think we ever see anyone beat that mark.

Luck has absolutely no shot at it....the only guy offhand without looking up any stats that I figure would be in the ballpark to break it down the road would be Rodgers?

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

Luck has absolutely no shot at it....the only guy offhand without looking up any stats that I figure would be in the ballpark to break it down the road would be Rodgers?

Rodgers is almost 32,000 yards behind him at this point and will be 35 at the end of the season. I don’t see it. People don’t realize how truly incredible that number is. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Luck won't last many more seasons.

Rodgers has no chance to overtake Brees.  Zero point zero chance.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So he's going to be the Wilt Chamberlain of Football.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Brady's only a little more than 4,000 yards back.  Drew Brees should play into his 40's to preserve his record.

Exactly--both of these guys will play possible 20 seasons.  No others will achieve this going forward.