Bojorquez should be cut

13 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Congratulations on making a nice, long post concerning a punter.

Now go ban yourself.

I like that everyone has ignored my (and PFF's) analysis. People are blinded by the inside the 20 stat and ignoring the fact that our punter is the worst punter in the league and almost cost us a game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JXCOL3 said:

We should cut everybody and start over. Get it done Beane 

Shouldn't we fire Beane first? Then cut everyone? Or do we force Mr. Pegula to sell the team go before firing Beane, the coaches, the players, and the night janitorial staff?

I can never remember!

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If his hang time was relevant, his net average would be worse than his gross average.  Since he’s 18th in gross and 16th in net, that means his hang time is basically irrelevant.  

Thank you for reading my post and addressing one of the points I made. 

I would argue that having a superior punt coverage unit could compensate for having poor hang time. No idea how to actually 'prove' that or quantify it. Net yards on punts obviously has a lot to do with both hang-time and the coverage unit. 

Ahhhh, PFF. A bunch of f***ing dorks who think they have a formula conducive to grading players which is legit above just watching a player actually play the game. If they were actually that great at player evaluation then they would be working for an actual NFL organization. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cruiserplayer said:

The long return yesterday was not a result of the lack of hang time. Conversely it was timed perfect for our defender to be there and be in the correct position. However said defender came in at the wrong angle and tried a one armed tackle which allowed the Titans returner to bounce towards the opposite side of the field that was not being defended. 

On this play I thought Bojorquez had an angle to make the tackle and just peeled off to avoid contact.   I know it's not his primary job but it annoyed me.   

Edited by buffalostu2

4 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Hey, you never know...maybe a fake was the call, and the other 10 got it wrong :D

But seriously, the amount of premature pitchforks around here this year seems to be at an all time high. Take that $#!+ to Facebook where it belongs.

Punters and Kickers are some of the least valuable and easiest to replace positions in the NFL (unless you happen to have one of the handful of elite guys at those positions). There are only 32 spots in the NFL for each position, and there are a lot more than 32 guys that can do a serviceable job kicking the ball. 

Teams will routinely cut a punter/kicker after a few bad games (or even one). Bojorquez had a disaster of a game and very nearly cost us a win. There's no reason to keep him on the roster. Go pick up a Colton Schmidt or equivalent off the UFA scrapheap.