[Vague Title] Trade bait?

OK so it looks like the Eagles are in need of a running back do you ship McCoy back to them for the right draft picks?  Look I think Shady McCoy is amazing I do not believe the bills are going to go to the playoffs this year. get what you can for him now thank him for his services send it back to Philadelphia  so he said so he has a chance at a ring.

Just now, bills in oregon said:

OK so it looks like the Eagles are in need of a running back do you ship McCoy back to them for the right draft picks?  Look I think Shady McCoy is amazing I do not believe the bills are going to go to the playoffs this year. get what you can for him now thank him for his services send it back to Philadelphia  so he said so he has a chance at a ring.

I would only consider it for at least a 3rd round pick.  Now, I dont think anyone would gives us a 3rd for a RB in his 30's with off field question marks and a history of getting dinged up.  But if they did, say a team like the Eagles who might just do it to bring him home and make a real post season push again, then I think you have to look hard at it.

HOWEVER...him and Josh have really gotten close it seems too, so that would be something that might make me not want to do it even if we got a 3rd.  I mean the kid needs some support out their on the field and Josh is the future here.  So while I was ok with trading Shady a couple weeks ago, seeing how him and Josh have bonded and bad the rest the offense here is, I would be more reluctant to trade Shady.  Although a 3rd would be HARD to turn down for a 30 year old RB with off field stuff going on.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, bills in oregon said:

No. The Eagles are interested in Le'Veon Bell. 

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

It's the smart move. 

I get that at the same time they've been insisting this isn't a tanking season and they're trying to win. Trading away Shady for draft picks right now would be awfully hard to explain to the locker room that you're still trying to win this year.

14 minutes ago, bills in oregon said:

..Rodak (COUGH) recommended trading Shady and Benjamin.....you've been "beatin' to the punch".....I'm sure the offerings would be huge, almost resembling a bidding affair....a 30 yr old RB owed $12+ mil over the next two years would be high demand stuff...HINT: AP signed with the Deadskins for $1.05 million.......

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I get that at the same time they've been insisting this isn't a tanking season and they're trying to win. Trading away Shady for draft picks right now would be awfully hard to explain to the locker room that you're still trying to win this year.

It's no different than trading other high cap players. McCoy is not going to be here past next season. Make the move. 

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..Rodak (COUGH) recommended trading Shady and Benjamin.....you've been "beatin' to the punch".....I'm sure the offerings would be huge, almost resembling a bidding affair....a 30 yr old RB owed $12+ mil over the next two years would be high demand stuff...HINT: AP signed with the Deadskins for $1.05 million.......

I think it might be too late for Benjamin I can't remember the last positive thing written about him this season so I don't know who'd even want him.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

One game with the team being gifted great field position. Horrid idea.

Horrid how? That 3rd can or who knows what could be a starting OG or center next year. 

This is a rebuilding team. Clear out cap, gain assets. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. The Eagles are interested in Le'Veon Bell. 

And the going rate for Le'Veon is a second at this point. The Steelers can get a compensatory 3rd if/when he leaves in the off-season, so they'll let him rot without pay if they don't get more.