[Vague Title] Trade bait?

On the one hand, Shady is our only legit offensive weapon.  We can't give him up.

On the other hand, this season is meaningless.  Let's go get a draft pick we can use when this team is pushing for the playoffs in the future.

On the other hand, for reasons already given, we wouldn't get much for Shady.  The gain wouldn't be worth the loss.  

On the other hand, I think I'm out of hands so I'll just end with.... NO.  

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

On the one hand, Shady is our only legit offensive weapon.  We can't give him up.

On the other hand, this season is meaningless.  Let's go get a draft pick we can use when this team is pushing for the playoffs in the future.

On the other hand, for reasons already given, we wouldn't get much for Shady.  The gain wouldn't be worth the loss.  

On the other hand, I think I'm out of hands so I'll just end with.... NO.  

Meaningless to whom?  The players, coaches, front office, and ownership?  Certainly not. 

I understand a lot of people saying no to this, and I agree that it would be a rough thing to do to Allen. But the other side of that coin is the fact that Ivory has done well, and it might b the right thing for Shady to go someplace he has a chance at chasing a ring. 

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

And the going rate for Le'Veon is a second at this point. The Steelers can get a compensatory 3rd if/when he leaves in the off-season, so they'll let him rot without pay if they don't get more.

Bell situation gets even more interesting. https://heavy.com/sports/2018/09/steelers-leveon-bell-trade-holdout-transition-tag/ 

Steelers can transition tag him next year for 20% bump from what he ACTULLAY earns this year. If he keeps holding out, that amount could be around 11 mill.(assuming he shows up in time to get this year to count as an accrued year)

Steelers have the upper hand.

PS: my math= Bell is pd $855,000 per week. If he returns week 11 so season counts towards FA in 2019 he will only earn 6 checks for total of $5.13 million. Transition tag with 20% bump means he would have to play next year for Steelers for only $6.15 million. Of course I would think some team would sign him to a much higher offer sheet and hope Steelers do not match.(or work a trade at that point if it is allowed, not sure)

I think Bell would retire before playing for $6.15 mill for Steelers especially with the bad blood going on.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

The Eagles don’t like very good and the nfc is a beast. Don’t think they want to be giving up picks right now.  

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

Bell situation gets even more interesting. https://heavy.com/sports/2018/09/steelers-leveon-bell-trade-holdout-transition-tag/ 

Steelers can transition tag him next year for 20% bump from what he ACTULLAY earns this year. If he keeps holding out, that amount could be around 11 mill.(assuming he shows up in time to get this year to count as a accrued year)

Steelers have the upper hand.

I believe it was reported that the Steelers told him they do plan to use the transition tag 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I understand a lot of people saying no to this, and I agree that it would be a rough thing to do to Allen. But the other side of that coin is the fact that Ivory has done well, and it might b the right thing for Shady to go someplace he has a chance at chasing a ring. 

Ivory is a good complement to Shady and the Bills are trying to win. Bad idea from a OBD perspective. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Eagles don’t like very good and the nfc is a beast. Don’t think they want to be giving up picks right now.  

I believe it was reported that the Steelers told him they do plan to use the transition tag 

It was reported that may not be a legal move per the CBA.  The NFLPA will challenge it if they don't go 120% of what he was supposed to make for the season.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Trading Shady would be like throwing in the towel on the season for the remaining Bills players.

It is not worth that at all.  Same goes for Hughes.

..certainly agree CB.....cutting a captain and your offensive inspiration is running the "white flag up the pole"...........