In case you forgot: 2-1 since flipping switch against LAC

Alphadawg7

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

No John.  You're just wrong, again.

Last year, we beat the Broncos, who were supposed to be good.  They ended up sucking.  We beat the Falcon, reigning NFC champs.  They barely squeaked out 9-7.

How many years do you have to get burned by the stove before you realize its hot?  Honestly.

Expect none of what happened in years past has anything to do with this team, this roster, this staff.  NOTHING.  

And you should be LOVING this.  Would you rather this team CONTINUE down the path of being a middling team trying to make middling Free Agents move the needle at key positions like QB and stuff?  For the love of god, 2 decades of it not working someone had to come in and TEAR down yesterday to BUILD for tomorrow.  I am personally sick of middling teams scrapping by with 7 to 9 win seasons because we plugged in cast offs at key positions like QB and stuff.  

This needed to happen...get rid of dead weight and contacts, free up the cap to be free to both pursue FA and keep our young players over the next couple of seasons, and acquire draft assets to get anchors on D and O for the future like Allen and Edmunds, not to mention all the picks we have this year to go with what will likely be fairly valuable picks of our own.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Expect none of what happened in years past has anything to do with this team, this roster, this staff.  NOTHING.  

And you should be LOVING this.  Would you rather this team CONTINUE down the path of being a middling team trying to make middling Free Agents move the needle at key positions like QB and stuff?  For the love of god, 2 decades of it not working someone had to come in and TEAR down yesterday to BUILD for tomorrow.  I am personally sick of middling teams scrapping by with 7 to 9 win seasons because we plugged in cast offs at key positions like QB and stuff.  

This needed to happen...get rid of dead weight and contacts, free up the cap to be free to both pursue FA and keep our young players over the next couple of seasons, and acquire draft assets to get anchors on D and O for the future like Allen and Edmunds, not to mention all the picks we have this year to go with what will likely be fairly valuable picks of our own.  

Orton is the classic punchbowl pisser......not happy unless the team is bad

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What are you talking about?  Not only did this not address my post at all, it's wrong.

We literally signed "middling" free agents.  We signed Star at a premium.  We made Patrick Dimarco the highest paid fullback in the league.  We signed Chris Ivory, Trent Murphy.

Here is the great big secret.  We didn't go between 7-9 and 9-7 from 2013-2016 because we signed middle of the road free agents.  We won that many games because we had a PRETTY GOOD TEAM with garbage at the QB position.  PERIOD.  Dareus, Mario, Gilmore, Shady, Watkins.  ZERO OF THEM WERE MIDDLING FREE AGENTS.  Darby, Preston Brown, Aaron Williams, Wood, Woods, Goodwin, Glenn.  ZERO OF THEM WEE MIDDLING FREE AGENTS.

Bad take.  

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Orton is the classic punchbowl pisser......not happy unless the team is bad

I just can't believe we beat the the NFC Super Bowl team, the Minnesota Vikings.  Wanna bet they don't get there John?

Edited by BringBackOrton

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

What are you talking about?  Not only did this not address my post at all, it's wrong.

We literally signed "middling" free agents.  We signed Star at a premium.  We made Patrick Dimarco the highest paid fullback in the league.  We signed Chris Ivory, Trent Murphy.

Here is the great big secret.  We didn't go between 7-9 and 9-7 from 2013-2016 because we signed middle of the road free agents.  We won that many games because we had a PRETTY GOOD TEAM with garbage at the QB position.  PERIOD.  Dareus, Mario, Gilmore, Shady, Watkins.  ZERO OF THEM WERE MIDDLING FREE AGENTS.  Darby, Preston Brown, Aaron Williams, Wood, Woods, Goodwin, Glenn.  ZERO OF THEM WEE MIDDLING FREE AGENTS.

Bad take.  

I just can't believe we beat the the NFC Super Bowl team, the Minnesota Vikings.  Wanna bet they don't get there John?

Wrong...they got rid of everyone and acquired assets to rebuild in the draft critical positions at QB and MLB.  They got rid of bad contracts for cap flexibility moving forward.  I mean I can go on and on, but whats the point, you are just going to spin it whatever way you want anyway.   But they are doing it completely different than the scrubs that haunted this FO for the previous 2 decades.  If you cant see that, then I dont know what to tell you.

PS:  Those guys were all draft picks except Mario.  Some of those guys singed elsewhere as FA, several are retired and a couple were traded to get assets to go get that VERY QB you just said we never had.  So how am I wrong?  Oh yeah, I am not...they are taking a different path than previous FO's that thought they can sign crap guys like FitzTragic or Tyrod...or draft weak armed QB's like Tentative or Peterman to fix QB issues.  

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wrong...they got rid of everyone and acquired assets to rebuild in the draft critical positions at QB and MLB.  They got rid of bad contracts for cap flexibility moving forward.  I mean I can go on and on, but whats the point, you are just going to spin it whatever way you want anyway.   But they are doing it completely different than the scrubs that haunted this FO for the previous 2 decades.  If you cant see that, then I dont know what to tell you.

PS:  Those guys were all draft picks except Mario.  Some of those guys singed elsewhere as FA, several are retired and a couple were traded to get assets to go get that VERY QB you just said we never had.  So how am I wrong?  Oh yeah, I am not...they are taking a different path than previous FO's that thought they can sign crap guys like FitzTragic or Tyrod...or draft weak armed QB's like Tentative or Peterman to fix QB issues.  

Because you're dead wrong.  That's why it's so funny.

We had the assets to get the QB all along.  Our head coach passed on Watson AND Mahomes.

If we had re-signed Woods, we would have had Watson/Mahomes in 2017 passing to Watkins, Woods, Zay, with Richie, Wood, Glenn, Darby, Hyde, Poyer, Dareus, Hughes, Kyle, Dawkins, Milano.

Acting like this FO "got it right" trading everyone from the 2016 team away, just to get assets to try to replace them is hilarious. And acting like they needed to trade everybody to get a QB when they had already passed on two better ones to get a DB is even more funny. 

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

We had the assets to get the QB all along.  Our head coach passed on Watson AND Mahomes.

If we had re-signed Woods, we would have had Watson/Mahomes in 2017 passing to Watkins, Woods, Zay, with Richie, Wood, Glenn, Darby, Hyde, Poyer, Dareus, Hughes, Kyle, Dawkins, Milano.

Acting like this FO "got it right" trading everyone from the 2016 team away, just to get assets to try to replace them is hilarious.  

He hadn't even been the coach for 6 months when that draft happened. Drafting a QB with your #1 pick is huge and you want to do your research before you make that choice. Also the GM who was replaced right after the draft would have a huge say in it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Acting like this FO "got it right" trading everyone from the 2016 team away, just to get assets to try to replace them is hilarious. And acting like they needed to trade everybody to get a QB when they had already passed on two better ones to get a DB is even more funny. 

NEWS FLASH:  OUR GM BEANE WAS NOT HERE FOR THAT DRAFT.  Nor was he here for Woods, Zay, or any of those other players you keep talking about.  But keep going, keep spinning it bud. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

NEWS FLASH:  OUR GM BEANE WAS NOT HERE FOR THAT DRAFT.  Nor was he here for Woods, Zay, or any of those other players you keep talking about.  But keep going, keep spinning it bud. 

McD was.

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We beat two 2017 playoff teams.   The Titans have a loosing record because we beat them.

The Titans don't have a losing record.  They are the team with the winning record.

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

McD was.

The Titans don't have a losing record.  They are the team with the winning record.

He'd barely been here when that draft happened and that is the GM's decision. Seriously the first draft they'd both been here for a year for they picked their QB. I'm sorry he isn't the one you wanted but he's the one they picked with time to evaluate him.

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He'd barely been here when that draft happened and that is the GM's decision. Seriously the first draft they'd both been here for a year for they picked their QB. I'm sorry he isn't the one you wanted but he's the one they picked with time to evaluate him.

Has nothing to do with the ones I wanted, has to do with the good ones.

I had a childish rant about McDermott a week ago and I have my doubts STILL, but I am in NO WAY clairvoyant, I can NOT see into the future. McDermott has a rookie QB, I give him 2 years with Allen and see how he develops young QBs. My "feelings" don't matter, facts and observations over a sizeable timetable MATTER. 2 more years, although I may know sooner if it's obvious.

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yup, acting like they "got it right" makes absolutely no sense ... anymore than pretending they got it wrong.

What they've done is started a process. If you become a GM, great, do it your way and we'll evaluate. But in the meantime, if they don't want Dareus on their team after seeing him for months, that's not a mistake. It's a choice which has a long way to go before it will be proven correct or incorrect. If they build a terrific team, their process will have been proven successful. If their team has been proven still sucky after four or five years, their method will have been proven unsuccessful.

Putting together groups like the one you have above in your third paragraph is an academic exercise at best. You can't compare a list of names to another list of names and find out if they're better than another list. It's whether that group of guys can play well ... together ... with that coach ... under the coach's system ... within that team's salary cap constrictions. We now know that Dareus can't play for McD. We also know that the owner asked our GM to get the salary cap mess cleaned up by the end of this year, impossible with your list, which is almost certainly why Woods, Watkins, Dareus, Gilmore and a few others aren't here.

But arguing anyone is dead wrong at this point is ... well, it's dead wrong. We'll have a much better idea in a year or two. Now, we don't know.

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Has nothing to do with the ones I wanted, has to do with the good ones.

That draft was Tre White, Zay, Dion Dawkins, and Milano. Those are three terrific value picks even without Zay, who still might turn out to be a good one if we're lucky and he keeps developing.

Edited by Thurman#1