Bills D producing at an historic clip since 2nd half of Chargers game...

Big Turk

I know its only 3.5 games but the turnaround has been like night and day...

Bills allowed 75 points in the first game and a half and only 44 points in the 3.5 games since then, or an average of 12.5 points a game.  That is a pretty amazing turnaround and the scary part is the rookies who have been integral parts in the turnaround are only going to be getting better as the season wears on...Edmunds, Johnson and Phillips are showing they are key pieces to what will be the future here...

Now if the offense can follow suit at some point it would be nice...I know there is far less talent on that side of the ball but hopefully we can find something that works...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

One thing we learned last season: you can never sustain an unusually high turnover rate. It's mostly luck, and luck changes ...

I agree the turnovers dropped off a little, but it was still unusually high and is looking like it might be unusually high this season too.  Attacking the ball is how the bills tackle, it doesn't seem to be with every team.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

One thing we learned last season: you can never sustain an unusually high turnover rate. It's mostly luck, and luck changes ...

It's more than creating takeaways.

They are playing better as a whole unit. Yes they give up some big gains here and there, but they have also put more pressure on the quarterback.

Look at how some of the rookies have come along.

White & Milano are not having 2nd year slumps.

I know that Kyle is not playing every down, but he still is giving his best and he has been disruptive.

How about Lorax? He's quietly having a good season.

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I know its only 3.5 games but the turnaround has been like night and day...

Bills allowed 75 points in the first game and a half and only 44 points in the 3.5 games since then, or an average of 12.5 points a game.  That is a pretty amazing turnaround and the scary part is the rookies who have been integral parts in the turnaround are only going to be getting better as the season wears on...Edmunds, Johnson and Phillips are showing they are key pieces to what will be the future here...

Now if the offense can follow suit at some point it would be nice...I know there is far less talent on that side of the ball but hopefully we can find something that works...

Next year for the offensive.

They are building a nice little nucleus for the future. We have pro bowl/all pro(potential) pieces under contract in Tre, Poyer,  and Hyde. Edmunds is getting better every week. The T/O rate is probably unsustainable but it's nice to see guys flying around making plays. I'm excited to see how this unit gels over the years.

As much as I want to draft for offense next year, the thought of another shutdown corner or elite pass rusher makes this D pretty scary. BPA I SAY!

Seriously though, I would love to know what was said in that locker room or what switches went off during that LAC game.

4 hours ago, R Y G A R said:

As much as I want to draft for offense next year, the thought of another shutdown corner or elite pass rusher makes this D pretty scary. BPA I SAY!

Seriously though, I would love to know what was said in that locker room or what switches went off during that LAC game.

You can always sign WR and lineman BPA is always the best way to go unless you need a QB.

13 hours ago, SCBills said:

If you stop the run and have a pass rush, I’m sure that correlates to a higher turnover rate.  

Theres obviously some luck to it, but I think you can, essentially, “create” turnovers.  

True, but when you think about it, NFL players are actually playing games only 16 hours a year, not including playoffs or preseason. Sometimes a 'trend' like this doesn't show up in such a short amount of time. If you employ a technique in baseball to increase the number of double plays you produce, then that will show up because you're actually playing more than 10 times as long, so even a small advantage will turn up eventually.