The Drew Brees Butterfly Effect

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a really interesting look at how Drew Brees changed the entire landscape of football for the last 15 years. I didn’t see it posted elsewhere.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24880346/alternate-drew-brees-history-lines-which-never-was-new-orleans-saints-quarterback

The NFL butterfly effect is super real.

We can even look at the Bills.  Imagine taking Myles Jack instead of Shaq.  That might mean no Edmunds and instead, we take RIdley. 

Moves have far reaching consequences.

59 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a really interesting look at how Drew Brees changed the entire landscape of football for the last 15 years. I didn’t see it posted elsewhere.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24880346/alternate-drew-brees-history-lines-which-never-was-new-orleans-saints-quarterback

Thanks, that's great. Love playing what-if.

interesting read. It'd be cool to set this up like the "ESPN playoff machine" to see what would have happened if we took Ngata instead of Whitner or Orakpo over Maybin or Gronk over Troup.....

18 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

interesting read. It'd be cool to set this up like the "ESPN playoff machine" to see what would have happened if we took Ngata instead of Whitner or Orakpo over Maybin or Gronk over Troup.....

Still too soon to take about Maybin as less than a crime against humanity 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, QCity said:

"I really, really, really wanted to draft Drew Brees when I was the head coach of the Buffalo Bills, and thank goodness that didn't happen otherwise I'd still be stuck up there in cold Buffalo."  - Gregg Williams

Sure thing, Greggo.

Just not really really enough to draft him in the first round.....lol what a freaking choad Greggo is 

It is just amazing the longevity of his career & Brady's & their still able to play at an extremely high level.  it defies logic, it really does.  I read that Brees is the only player left from his draft that is still in the league.  Coupled that with the fact Brady got drafted 2 years before him & it is really mind boggling.