[Name Only Title] Corey Bojorquez

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

OK, he didn't cost us the game, but is he really an upgrade over Colton Schmidt?

He's a rookie and he had a screw up.  He is punting well.

If he crumbles Colton is on his couch waiting for a phone call.

Special Teams got a lot of other things to concern themselves about before Corey IMO.

he's made 2 critical mistakes so far. sorry, but that's an unacceptable level for someone who only plays maybe 10 snaps a game.

let's put it this way. if he was on the Pats*, do you think Belicheat would cut him?

• Haha (+1) 1

It's funny but on the game-winning FG, I was much more worried that the snap would be dropped or the hold not be good, than House Money missing the kick. Never had that feeling before. He had to be nervous on that, but he got it down clean. 

I think we give him the whole season and see what happens. He could become a very good punter.

He screwed up and almost cost us a game.  He’s better than Colton Schmidt.  I’ll take him.  Hope he’s not seriously injured.  I think he’s our punter of the future

5 minutes ago, wnysteel said:

he's made 2 critical mistakes so far. sorry, but that's an unacceptable level for someone who only plays maybe 10 snaps a game.

let's put it this way. if he was on the Pats*, do you think Belicheat would cut him?

Sigh.  Do you think belicheat would cut him?  That means nothing when belicheat didn’t have Colton Schmidt as his punter

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He screwed up and almost cost us a game.  He’s better than Colton Schmidt.  I’ll take him.  Hope he’s not seriously injured.  I think he’s our punter of the future

Sigh.  Do you think belicheat would cut him?  That means nothing when belicheat didn’t have Colton Schmidt as his punter

Which is really all that matters unless there's a better punter out there.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's funny but on the game-winning FG, I was much more worried that the snap would be dropped or the hold not be good, than House Money missing the kick. Never had that feeling before. He had to be nervous on that, but he got it down clean. 

I think we give him the whole season and see what happens. He could become a very good punter.

You see that shot of him on the sideline without his helmet? With that 'stache, he genuinely looks like a member of the Village People. No joke.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

i think belicheat has very little tolerance for mistakes, which is where we need to be. what's wrong with having high standards? the 2 mistakes have not cost us a game, but what happens if the next mistake does cost us a game?

Edited by wnysteel
clarity

Just now, wnysteel said:

i think belicheat has very little tolerance for mistakes, which is where we need to be. what's wrong with having high standards? the 2 mistakes have not cost us a game, but what happens if the next mistake does cost us a game?

Belicheat will never be in position where he has to choose from Schmidt or Bojorquez.  Thinking about what he’d do in that situation is a waste of time.  We’ll never know.  I think he’d keep the best punter.  Imo, that’s bojorquez

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Belicheat will never be in position where he has to choose from Schmidt or Bojorquez.  Thinking about what he’d do in that situation is a waste of time.  We’ll never know.  I think he’d keep the best punter.  Imo, that’s bojorquez

we aren't talking about QB or all-star linebacker. we are talking about the punter. not even a kicker.

we had the best punter in the league for a few years and what did that get us?

16 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He already is...although to be fair he has had lots of opportunities

3 minutes ago, wnysteel said:

we aren't talking about QB or all-star linebacker. we are talking about the punter. not even a kicker.

we had the best punter in the league for a few years and what did that get us?

What are you talking about?  What does this have to do with Belicheat?  

My point it......it doesn’t matter “what we think belicheat would do”.

Are you trying to say that if we keep a punter that screwed up 2 times in 5 games, McBeane will probably fail because Belicheat would cut him (meanwhile you have zero clue what belicheat would do)?

......again.  I have no idea what belicheat has to do with any of this......and it’s the basis of you entire arguement for or against keeping this kid,

Random thought, but on that busted play wasn't it roughing the passer in terms of the new rules?  When he got hit, that defender totally put ALL of his bodyweight on him.  Exactly what the rule was written for.  In that situation, he was the quarterback trying to complete a pass, right?