Bills Lowest in Points Scored

MJS

1 hour ago, Meark said:

I think it would be helpful if we had receivers that could catch. I think a good start would be to stop throwing to Benjamin. 

I agree with you on both counts.  It will be difficult to upgrade our receiving corp during the season while we are trying to manage our dead money situation.   

25 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Look at the sequence of plays when we're on the Titans 15 before the botched FG. 

Josh Allen 1 yard run

Shady 2 yard run

Overthrow Zay in the end zone

They get down to the Titans 24 later in the game. 

Ivory 3 yards

Croom 2 yard catch

Allen sack -3 yards. 

We got a total of 3 points for both of those drives. Good teams bury those and come away with 10-14. We don't have enough WR talent to do any real damage in the red zone. 

No one said we are a good team.  We are a team in transition.   You do understand we won the game?!?!?!  We are going to win ugly this season.   We will be better next year for many reasons. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

O agree with you on both counts.  I will be difficult to upgrade our receiving corp during the season while we are trying to manage our dead money situation.   

No one said we are a good team.  We are a team in transition.   You do understand we won the game?!?!?!  We are going to win ugly this season.   We will be better next year for many reasons. 

I do understand that we won the game. I'm happy about it. I'm simply discussing the topic of this thread and pointing out the areas where we have a chance to score more points and we don't.

Our offense has been anemic for a few years. The difference is that we now have a QB who looks like he can take it to the next level (and a couple of levels beyond that), but he needs more experience and some talent around him. So essentially we have a rookie leading the offense to about the same stats (including points) that a seven year vet was doing before. That's a reason to be hopeful.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Through week 5, the Bills have scored the least amount of points in the NFL at 63, or 12.6 points per game. This includes teams that have already had a bye week and also the teams who have yet to play tonight on Monday night football.

Also, the Bills have -55 net points (63 points for, minus 118 points against). This is also the worst in the league. Bills are middle of the pack in points against (but this also includes teams who have had a bye week and who have yet to play tonight).

The defense appears to be doing its job of eliminating points, especially the past couple of games. What can the offense do to generate more points? It is clear that winning cannot be sustained with the number of points this team is generating per game.

This is earth shattering news.  Thanks for the update

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I do understand that we won the game. I'm happy about it. I'm simply discussing the topic of this thread and pointing out the areas where we have a chance to score more points and we don't.

Sorry, I did not mean to come across as sarcastic,.  There is too much of that on this board.  I just can't understand why posters complain about how we win. This year any win is  a bonus and I will take our wins any way we can get them.

Edited by longtimebillsfan

21 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Look at the sequence of plays when we're on the Titans 15 before the botched FG. 

Josh Allen 1 yard run

Shady 2 yard run

Ivory 3 yards

Croom 2 yard catch

Allen sack -3 yards. 

We got a total of 3 points for both of those drives. Good teams bury those and come away with 10-14. We don't have enough WR talent to do any real damage in the red zone. 

Tennessee is the best red zone d in the league. Teams get a red zone TD on them less than 25% of the time. That stat is from playing the Dolphins (when they were good), the Texans, the Jags (who mauled the Pats :thumbsup:) and the Eagles. 

I'd say our team with a rookie qb, an OL that's suspect but improving, and receivers that would have hard time starting elsewhere, did pretty good when you look at the stats. 

image.thumb.png.de997032d809b0b789c7d9c1d7149169.png

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

His point is that he wants to see the Bills getting more touchdowns, as do all of us.

Well, SOME of us.....I’m not really so sure, but certainly the vast majority! 

This should be no big surprise to anybody. We lack talent on offense, and there’s not much that can be done to change that for this season. I just hope to see improvement and hope for next season and beyond. Oh, and no more inexplicable punter/holder improvisations. 

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

And they also have more wins than Atlanta and the same record as Philadelphia. What’s your point 

I would say his point is we better keep it a low scoring affair if we want to win. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I can remember when the Bills were #7 in scoring offense a few years ago. All I heard was how much we suck. So who cares?

Exactly.   Random people would tell me how "good" the Bills were because of this stat.  Clearly not having watched a single game.   

1 hour ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Josh Allen 1 yard run

Shady 2 yard run

Ivory 3 yards

Croom 2 yard catch

Allen sack -3 yards. 

Yes, but the Titans also have the number one Red Zone defense and their job is to try and stop the Bills.

Good teams come away with 10-14, but sometimes good teams like GB miss a bunch of FGs and lose.

The Bills went for the end zone with Zay and he was well covered and Josh put it in a place that could not be picked off.

The facts remain the Bills came away with enough points to win the game - their objective.

The last drive may have been different if Tennessee had scored a TD, but they did not and the Bills only needed a FG on the last drive to win.  They also wanted to make sure that Tennessee used Timeouts and had no time for a comeback - both missions accomplished.

55 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Tennessee is the best red zone d in the league. Teams get a red zone TD on them less than 25% of the time. That stat is from playing the Dolphins (when they were good), the Texans, the Jags (who mauled the Pats :thumbsup:) and the Eagles. 

I'd say our team with a rookie qb, an OL that's suspect but improving, and receivers that would have hard time starting elsewhere, did pretty good when you look at the stats. 

image.thumb.png.de997032d809b0b789c7d9c1d7149169.png

We actually beat the TD percentage that Tennessee has been playing and our defense held them to 0% TDs in the red zone - so another positive.

• Like (+1) 1

When we let shady and tyrod run the read option spread offense with ALynn at OC we scored the most post since the 90s. Now were at an all time low. WRs cant get seperation.

We should just let Shady and JA run a similar, more spread offense with Ivory playing the Karlos Williams/Gillislee role. Hell have more time to read plus the wrs would get open more cuz the routes are more horizontal and not long developing routes thst our roster cant run.  We need the running game to be good again. We don't have good enuff weapons.