10 Picks 2019 draft and 3rd highest available cap space.

Ramza86

How dare we have perspective and try to understand the long term goal and how the FO decisions over the past 18 months fit into the vision. 

Its all about what are the bills doing at this very minute!!  We’re not the 2018 Rams combined with the 1985 Bears!  Fire everyone!

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Does it matter?   We are finding Taron Johnson's in the middle rounds?

Taron Johnson & Matt Milano are both middle round guys.  

I trust McBeane to draft Defensive Players  in Rounds 4 & 5.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ten picks and a lot of $$ is great, but can Beane and McD realize that it’s better to draft 10 players with those picks instead of 5 ? Good players are found all over the draft and the Bills need a lot more good players. The current regime’s penchant for paying multiple draft picks for one player isn’t a good strategy. 

I think Edmunds and Allen are great examples of why you WANT to move up.   We also got T. Johnson (CB) later in the draft and H. Phillips.  Those 4 guys look like they may be around for a while.  

I think next year is different.  As you said, there is value in all round, and next year there is good DL, OL (at least top-tire) and WR value.  

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Slot WR - Zay Jones

Draft a #1 WR in Rd 1

Sign a FA #2 WR

Sign the best FA TE Available

#2 TE - Jason Croom

Sign the best FA OL Available (Non-LT)

Draft OL in Rd 2

Draft a Pass Rusher in Rd 3

Draft LB/DB in Rd 4 (2 Rd 4 Picks)

Depth in Rounds 5-7 

Remaining FA $$$ for depth/extending players

*This assumes we bring back this defense minus KW along with our current stable of RB’s. 

Buffalo's own Anthony Johnson Baby!

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Cap space is good to have if good players want to sign with the team. There are lots of other teams that will have a ton of cap space to play with.

BB and McD are going to need to hit on a lot of those picks.

The nice thing is - FA is long before the draft.  We'll likely have some money left over in order to sign later cap casualties, or trade a low value pick and some cap space for a player who may have a high salary.

Going into the draft we'll know where the main needs are.  Right now it looks like WR/Oline.  It all depends where we end up though.  If its a top 3-5 pick and no one has given us good trade offers, i say go BPA.  

1 hour ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

And they are still finding ways to win games this year. 

Thats the problem...if you are gonna be bad then be really bad. Id rather draft 1st or 2nd in every round than 7th or 8th.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And so far McBeane have signed/drafted/traded for the offense:

Kelvin Benjamin

Zay Jones

Josh Allen

Nate Peterman

Anquain Boldin(retired)

Vladimir Ducasse

Andre Holmes

Jordan Matthews

Kaelin Clay

Dion Dawkins

AJ McCarron(traded)

Marshall Newhouse(traded)

Russell Bodine

Jeremy Kerly(cut)

Wyatt Teller

Ray-Ray McCloud

Austin Proehl(cut)

Out of that group Dawkins looks the best. We know they can identify defensive talent. Do you trust them to identify offensive skill positions?

And of those 10 draft picks 7 are after the 3rd round. The Bills need to hit on A LOT of those picks to replace players that will also be gone in 2019.

6 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

And so far McBeane have signed/drafted/traded for the offense:

Kelvin Benjamin

Zay Jones

Josh Allen

Nate Peterman

Anquain Boldin(retired)

Vladimir Ducasse

Andre Holmes

Jordan Matthews

Kaelin Clay

Dion Dawkins

AJ McCarron(traded)

Marshall Newhouse(traded)

Russell Bodine

Jeremy Kerly(cut)

Wyatt Teller

Ray-Ray McCloud

Austin Proehl(cut)

Out of that group Dawkins looks the best. We know they can identify defensive talent. Do you trust them to identify offensive skill positions?

And of those 10 draft picks 7 are after the 3rd round. The Bills need to hit on A LOT of those picks to replace players that will also be gone in 2019.

As you pointed out, a lot of those players are low draft picks and/or depth signings with limited cap space.  

The only high picks we’ve invested are Allen, Zay and Dawkins.   Dawkins looks good and the jury is out on Zay and Josh as it’s too early to know. 

It will be interesting to see who we target with high picks and $$$ to throw around. 

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Lets take it easy boys.

Just a reminder that this is a good start for a rebuild. 

Ah yes the inevitable We have so much cap to spend next year and all these extra picks.

The extra picks are on day 3 in rds 4+.

Sure the Bills have 85MM in cap space. 

So do the Colts (They have more)

so do the Jets (They have more)

so do the Browns

so do the Texans

The Cowboys, Bengals, 49ers, Raiders, Chiefs all have 50+MM.

The Bills currently have Three legitimate starters on offense for next year right now, if McCoy Stays

Dion Dawkins, Josh Allen and Lesean McCoy. 

This would be great if just because you had cap space you could go pluck a #1,2,and 3 WR off the shelf, and two staring O-lineman. but you cant. They have to be available, want to come here and you have to outbid other teams. 

See how far that cap space gets you when you are in a bad position and bidding against teams like Dallas,KC,Houston. 

Also, everyone wanted Dareus, Watkins, Glenn, Taylor cut or traded because they were overpaid. What do you think is going to happen in UFA?

It's only going to be worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

other teams have draft picks and cap space as well

Only 2 teams have more $$$ and we have a full draft plus extra mid-round picks.  

I personally like knowing that our defense is pretty much set for the next few years and we, hopefully, have our franchise QB and LT on Offense. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ten picks and a lot of $$ is great, but can Beane and McD realize that it’s better to draft 10 players with those picks instead of 5 ? Good players are found all over the draft and the Bills need a lot more good players. The current regime’s penchant for paying multiple draft picks for one player isn’t a good strategy. 

Good players are found all over... whether in the draft, free agency, or trade it doesn;t matter as long as management, scouts, and coaches have the money, recognizes good talent, and can coach up whoever they get. 

This team is on the right track, they have the right strategy, and have positioned themselves for continued success for a long time coming.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Only 2 teams have more $$$ and we have a full draft plus extra mid-round picks.  

I personally like knowing that our defense is pretty much set for the next few years and we, hopefully, have our franchise QB and LT on Offense. 

there will be more than a few teams with plenty of money to spend...Just because the Bills have a lot doesn't mean this team gets fixed by FAs

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Ah yes the inevitable We have so much cap to spend next year and all these extra picks.

The extra picks are on day 3 in rds 4+.

Sure the Bills have 85MM in cap space. 

So do the Colts (They have more)

so do the Jets (They have more)

so do the Browns

so do the Texans

The Cowboys, Bengals, 49ers, Raiders, Chiefs all have 50+MM.

The Bills currently have Three legitimate starters on offense for next year right now, if McCoy Stays

Dion Dawkins, Josh Allen and Lesean McCoy. 

This would be great if just because you had cap space you could go pluck a #1,2,and 3 WR off the shelf, and two staring O-lineman. but you cant. They have to be available, want to come here and you have to outbid other teams. 

See how far that cap space gets you when you are in a bad position and bidding against teams like Dallas,KC,Houston. 

Also, everyone wanted Dareus, Watkins, Glenn, Taylor cut or traded because they were overpaid. What do you think is going to happen in UFA?

It's only going to be worse. 

Allen

Dawkins

Zay

Croom

McCoy

Ivory

They are all, most likely, back next year.  Sign a #2 WR, #1 TE and an OL and then draft a #1 WR and an OL in Rounds 1 & 2. 

This isnt Siberia, we can get players to come here. Maybe not Odell Beckham’s, but those guys don’t usually come available anyway.   

Also, like it or not, some of our lineman will be here next year.  We’ll upgrade a couple positions for sure but I don’t think you’ve looked at the rest of the NFL if you think we have no starting linemen outside Dawkins on this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Allen

Dawkins

Zay

Croom

McCoy

Ivory

They are all, most likely, back next year.  Sign a #2 WR, #1 TE and an OL and then draft a #1 WR and an OL in Rounds 1 & 2. 

This isnt Siberia, we can get players to come here. Maybe not Odell Beckham’s, but those guys don’t usually come available anyway.   

Also, like it or not, some of our lineman will be here next year.  We’ll upgrade a couple positions for sure but I don’t think you’ve looked at the rest of the NFL if you think we have no starting linemen outside Dawkins on this team. 

Just sign and draft all those guys, it’s that easy huh? Have you looked at the available pool of players for WR/OL? Hint: it’s not great. The Bills need a stud WR, a legitimate guy that can take the pressure off the rest of the WRs. They judge of talent at the WR position has been bad, to put it mildly.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Just sign and draft all those guys, it’s that easy huh? Have you looked at the available pool of players for WR/OL? Hint: it’s not great. The Bills need a stud WR, a legitimate guy that can take the pressure off the rest of the WRs. They judge of talent at the WR position has been bad, to put it mildly.

Theres plenty of #2 WRs in FA.  Hence why I said sign a #2 WR and Draft a #1.  

I mean, I guess if you want to say “what if” about everything there’s no point in building a team.  Might as well just close up shop. 

All anyone is saying is that we’re in good position for 2019.  I guess the negative nancies can have fun telling us how no one will come here, the FA talent is bad and all our picks will bust ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Allen

Dawkins

Zay

Croom

McCoy

Ivory

Who is the #1 TE we are signing?  currently notable going to be UFAs next year.

Tyler Eifert

Jared Cook

Antonio Gates

Mercedes Lewis

Ben

Watson

The two best WR's currently available. Randall Cobb and Doug Baldwin.

If you had the opportunity to go play with Andrew Luck, Josh Allen, its an easy choice.

If you had the choice of NYC or Buffalo, most players are going to NYC.

While Buffalo may not be Siberia, they are very unattractive to players in terms of QB talent and location as opposed to

Houston

Dallas

Indy

KC

NYJ 

Im moving back to Buffalo in the next month, I love it but i'm not going to pretend that it has many advantages over other areas for millionaires. 

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Lets take it easy boys.

Just a reminder that this is a good start for a rebuild. 

Yeah.

Doesn't seem so terrible right now looking at some of the things going on:

-2-3 with almost no talent on offense, playoffs last year

-Shiny new QB prospect

-Legitimate Defense including a core of young studs (Milano, Edmunds, White, Phillips, Taron)

-Top Safety tandem in their prime

-10 picks in the draft

-3rd most cap next year

-Time will catch up with Tom Brady soon enough

-McD, we got a good one who will be around for awhile

Just typing up that list makes me feel good.:flirt:

Now if we can spend all that cap and draft capital wisely on the offense, it could be the start of something great, provided Josh comes along like I think he can.