10 Picks 2019 draft and 3rd highest available cap space.

Ramza86

5 hours ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Snip

if they had taken Juju instead of Zay because that is certainly an important position and it would be helping our rookie QB a lot right now if they had hit a home run on that pick.

46 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Keyword buddy, in your opinion! Well said, my friend! There's probably 100,000 people on this board with 100,000 different opinions on how we should build the team!! LOL! Some more informed than others, only time I get pissed off at someone for their opinion is when they don't use facts to back it up! Especially around draft time, you'll see fans banging the board for multiple reasons: #1- His name sounds cool. #2- Sensationalized by the national media. #3- Played on such and such big school. They know who they are and it's super annoying!

Sometimes it's a conundrum.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ten picks and a lot of $$ is great, but can Beane and McD realize that it’s better to draft 10 players with those picks instead of 5 ? Good players are found all over the draft and the Bills need a lot more good players. The current regime’s penchant for paying multiple draft picks for one player isn’t a good strategy. 

The Bills (Based off of early returns) seem to have drafted 3 starters in each of the past 2 drafts (Possibly 4 if Allen and Zay pan out.) That's a pretty good rate, I fully trust the regime in drafting. It's the use of the cap space that I am not so sure about . 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Offensive players? I don't. 

Trade some of those picks for an established NFL WR.

Me either. Offense probably needs 5 new starters That’s two more drafts at their current “ rate” of finding starters ( that’s probably being generous) just for the O. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Offensive players? I don't. 

Trade some of those picks for an established NFL WR.

Dawkins looks to be a keeper. Allen the jury is still out on. That being said I would not be opposed to trading mid or late round picks for established WR's but I do overall trust this regime when it comes to the draft. 

32 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Me either. Offense probably needs 5 new starters That’s two more drafts at their current “ rate” of finding starters ( that’s probably being generous) just for the O. 

Do you wake up sad?

We have a bunch of guys playing serious minutes from just the last draft. (Your “rate” is questionable, at best.) If we sign 2-3 starters with all that cap money next year and draft a few more, we’re in the mix. I’d go FA OLine, and draft WR as they are too expensive in FA. 

We can do 5 new starters on offense, and PRAY some other guys step up. 

11 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I think they will probably go the route of 5 players again. 

Idk if there are any huge FAs out there...but I think thats where this team will need to hit. 

C Ryan kalil would be an awesome get and he has Carolina Panthers ties so it may be a win-win, he's getting up there in age but still is playing at a very high level.

16 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

And so far McBeane have signed/drafted/traded for the offense:

Kelvin Benjamin

Zay Jones

Josh Allen

Nate Peterman

Anquain Boldin(retired)

Vladimir Ducasse

Andre Holmes

Jordan Matthews

Kaelin Clay

Dion Dawkins

AJ McCarron(traded)

Marshall Newhouse(traded)

Russell Bodine

Jeremy Kerly(cut)

Wyatt Teller

Ray-Ray McCloud

Austin Proehl(cut)

Out of that group Dawkins looks the best. We know they can identify defensive talent. Do you trust them to identify offensive skill positions?

And of those 10 draft picks 7 are after the 3rd round. The Bills need to hit on A LOT of those picks to replace players that will also be gone in 2019.

We changed offensive coordinators/systems - that will ALWAYS set you back since players are fits for systems. Did Diebol ask for Kelvin Benjamin? Staying consistent with the systems/coaching and good things will happen and suddenly our draft picks and free agents will work out much better

21 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ten picks and a lot of $$ is great, but can Beane and McD realize that it’s better to draft 10 players with those picks instead of 5 ? Good players are found all over the draft and the Bills need a lot more good players. The current regime’s penchant for paying multiple draft picks for one player isn’t a good strategy. 

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. It really just depends on the player(s) in question, the picks being dealt or received and the team's needs.

3 hours ago, jahbonas said:

We changed offensive coordinators/systems - that will ALWAYS set you back since players are fits for systems. Did Diebol ask for Kelvin Benjamin? Staying consistent with the systems/coaching and good things will happen and suddenly our draft picks and free agents will work out much better

Doug Whaley drafted Zay Jones and Nathan Peterman. The rest are Beane acquisitions.

20 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Buffalo's own Anthony Johnson Baby!

A player from UB?!

I bet you wanted that Khalil Mack fella too. What's wrong with you!?

?

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

But the Jets are in an even better position... are we just assuming that they'll squander it?

Lol no...but we are also in postion to bring guys in. 

I mean....Buffalo has become a more attractive spot than I could ever remember. FAs actually come here and we dont have to break the bank anymore. 

I think thats one of the positives of bills mafia/culture blah blah blah.