The Pegulas Bought the Bills Four Years Ago Today

32 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Thank you Pegulas for keeping the Bills and Sabres in Buffalo.

Hasn't the statute of limitations run out on this yet?  It's time for Buffalo sports fans to raise the level of expectations beyond "Oooh, I'm so glad to have two pro sports teams in my city".

lol

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Hasn't the statute of limitations run out on this yet?  It's time for Buffalo sports fans to raise the level of expectations beyond "Oooh, I'm so glad to have two pro sports teams in my city".

lol

What exactly do you want out of them? Should they sell to another owner? Should they magically know who the "right" person is despite plenty of other teams who have the same issues? What magic do you wish?

Edited by jeremy2020

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

What exactly do you want out of them? Should they sell to another owner? Should they magically know who the "right" person is despite plenty of other teams who have the same issues? What magic do you wish?

Hmmmm...maybe a winning team. ;)

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

1. You're aware the Bills were a "winning team" last season?

2. What do you think they should be doing that they're not to achieve a winning team?

Maybe go back and look at the records of the Sabres and Bills since Pegula acquires them. 

What should they be doing instead of what they have done?  Hire people to run the sports side of the two teams and let them hire the gm’s and coaches. 

I don't understand the hostility some have for the Pegulas around here.

They've made their fair share of poor decisions.  Hiring Rex and retaining Russ were big ones.

But the team broke the playoff drought under their watch.  Money is no longer an issue... "Ralph/Terry is cheap" isn't something you hear anymore.  They don't seem to meddle in the day-to-day affairs of the football operation, leaving it to the team they hired.  Most importantly, they are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo.

Criticism is certainly fair game, but I think they are a significant improvement over Ralph and are better than a good number of other NFL owners.

• Like (+1) 1