Hurricane Michael

T&C

11 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

it's like that every single time, we're not even in the path of this storm, i'm in the central part of FL not the panhandle.   But again, all these people losing their minds....you KNEW it was hurricane season, you KNEW you needed a few bottles of water and some canned goods back in May.   And yet they continue to put things off til the last minute.  Meanwhile I'm over here, canned goods, check, water, check, 3 full propane tanks...check.   

Human nature is to procrastinate until the edge of doom.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Will be downgraded, more people leaving for no reason

I believe they had a pretty good reason to seek higher ground.

hurricane%20michael_1539120249585.jpg_13

Hurricane Michael is now "potentially catastrophic" and has sustained winds of 145mph, the National Hurricane Centre has said in its latest advisory, delivered at 7am local time in Florida.

Hurricane Michael has strengthened to a Category 4 major storm as it closes in on Florida and Alabama – and authorities are warning the “potentially catastrophic” cyclone may become more intense still before landfall later today.

By early afternoon local time Michael is expected to become one of the Panhandle region’s worst hurricanes in memory with 140mph winds and a life-threatening storm surge of up to 4m (13ft).

"The historical record, going back to 1851, finds no Category 4 hurricane ever hitting the Florida panhandle. Bay County (Panama City) likely to be ground zero for landfall later this afternoon."

Not as important as human lives..................but it will effect all of us.

OUCH: Michael shuts nearly 40 percent of U.S. Gulf of Mexico oil output.

Between this, Canada’s refinery fire, the roaring economy, Venezuela’s ongoing collapse, and the (necessary) return of sanctions on Iran, it sure doesn’t look like we’re going to see any price relief soon.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Ooops, time to come back up North.

Not to sound cold, but who pays?  Taxpayer in Boise, Idaho!

Go on Vacation people... Florida needs Your tourist economy!

So does California, Texas, NC & SC ... After our fires, people thought the whole county burned down, tourism plummeted. After one year, it's still down w/ the misconception all the wineries and area was destroyed. 

Mikey...landfall @ 155 (1 mph short of a CAT 5), definitely not a yawn...especially to all those people who took precautions and still will be left dealing w/ disaster (insurance companies don't readily hand out money, as many found out here). I don't wish that upon anyone. 

Edited by 707BillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Mexico beach and San jose beach is straight white out on the camera. Can't see nothing with that strong wind and rain. Going to be much of nothing left there. They are getting hit with the strongest eastern eye wall of it. Hate it for them. Hope they had sense enough to leave.

10 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

So does California, Texas, NC & SC ... After our fires, people thought the whole county burned down, tourism plummeted. After one year, it's still down w/ the misconception all the wineries and area was destroyed. 

Mikey...landfall @ 155 (1 mph short of a CAT 5), definitely not a yawn...especially to all those people who took precautions and still will be left dealing w/ disaster (insurance companies don't readily hand out money, as many found out here). I don't wish that upon anyone. 

I liked it ^^^^^ but really don't "like" it.

I agree with Your post.