Is Josh Allen just a taller Tyrod Taylor

?

all we heard this offseasin is sin is our passing game couldn’t get worse.  Well in a league where offense records are being set, we are barely over 100 yards passing!  

Wins are always nice but other Bills qb would be getting killed for this game.  This is Allen’s 3rd won in 2 years where he passed for under 100 yards.  Isn’t that why we got rid of Tyrod?  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Like I said before, give Allen Watkins, Woods, Goodwin and Hogan and then we can compare the two.  Oh yeah, and 5 more years in the league.

Tyrod didn’t have that last year.  

I mean it it was a bit sarcastic but a lot of people overlooked his college performances.  He had a bunch of these type of games.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t think anyone can sit here and pretend Allen has been lights out this year, even taking into account he’s a rookie.  But to sit and pretend he has been set up to succeed is foolish as well.  As someone pointed out, Taylor had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Hogan, Harvin (for a few weeks), two pro bowlers on the OL (3 if Glenn ever went, I can’t remember), McCoy in his prime.  Quite a difference there.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Like I said before, give Allen Watkins, Woods, Goodwin and Hogan and then we can compare the two.  Oh yeah, and 5 more years in the league.

That's it man, takes time. Way too early for this, I'm a very intuitive guy, but with football, never go off of feelings, NEVER. Go off of observations only and to be frank, there is not a large enough body of work to make an observation. Some guys just want to be the first one to call it, it really is nothing more than that. Told you so! Bragging rights.

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

?

all we heard this offseasin is sin is our passing game couldn’t get worse.  Well in a league where offense records are being set, we are barely over 100 yards passing!  

Wins are always nice but other Bills qb would be getting killed for this game.  This is Allen’s 3rd won in 2 years where he passed for under 100 yards.  Isn’t that why we got rid of Tyrod?  

Allen has been in the league 2 years ?  Tyrod is gone because he couldn’t produce decent passing numbers even after 7 years in the NFL. Allen has started 4 games. If he can’t show big time improvement after a couple seasons he will be gone too. 

Bills fans need to lighten up on their criticism of Allen.

He is rookie who is basically a one man gang.

He has ZERO receiving help and his line is atrocious. 

Allen needs his running game for him to be successful as a rookie and the running game has been hit and miss.

If the offensive talent around him improves and Allen doesn't, then b!tch and moan. Otherwise, lighten up on the kid.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

He couldn't hold Taylors jock.

Yeah those 19 yards he had with the Browns' receiving corps just before getting benched permanently were magical.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

That's it man, takes time. Way too early for this, I'm a very intuitive guy, but with football, never go off of feelings, NEVER. Go off of observations only and to be frank, there is not a large enough body of work to make an observation. Some guys just want to be the first one to call it, it really is nothing more than that. Told you so! Bragging rights.

Also never go off-of preconceived notions.

4 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Close it down @Hapless Bills Fan

Why?  Because it does follow the cult?

we replaced Tyrod (and I wanted to) because he wasn’t good enough passer.  We are in a pass first league where records are being set and we are barely averaging 100 yards!  

Besides blind faith and trusting the process, why is anyone confident in this regime’s offensive scouting?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I know the whole 'he has no one to throw to' thing gets tossed around a lot,

I honestly can't remember a time when the Bills had such a poor group

of wide receivers. It's ridiculous to even have this conversation at this point.