Is Josh Allen just a taller Tyrod Taylor

I hope this all changes. But thus far:

Allens best quality is his heart and toughness. But otherwise there is a lot to be desired.

His passing skills to this point are inferior to EJ Manuel at this stage. That is the truth. EJ was also 2-2 after 4 games. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

You realize he's a rookie who split starting reps with 2 other guys in training camp playing in just his 4th game with a lousy receiving corps around him, right?  Did you see how many yards Rosen and Darnold put up?

Rosen is throwing dimes in case you haven't seen him. The Cards receivers have a case of drops worse than us.

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Do you expect this guy to be a football version of Jesus Christ? Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold all had games like this. Please please please don't make me dig through game logs of HOF QBs rookie seasons. 

Is this simply an ego trip on your end? You want to be hailed as a clairvoyant and wise leader, first to call it after 4 games! Wow!!! Amazing! How'd you do that? We should just cut Allen based off your feeling, after all, you can just tell! What can go wrong?

Their is nothing to be gained from digging through game logs of HOF QB's. It is an absolutely stupid point. For every HOF'er, I can find you probably 10 guys with bad stats.

I'm not saying Allen is bad, but that whole "Well John Elway in his first game", or "In Aikman's first season", or "Peyton once threw x amout of interceptions" is just beyond dumb. It really is. You're not proving or doing anything other than making yourself feel better.

I'm not sold on Allen, at all. I actually think he is bad. However, this team has given him nothing to work with. So I'm still holding out hope... and in the long run, I'm just a fan. My opinion doesn't mean ****. But trotting out all that other stuff, it's a waste of time.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Their is nothing to be gained from digging through game logs of HOF QB's. It is an absolutely stupid point. For every HOF'er, I can find you probably 10 guys with bad stats.

I'm not saying Allen is bad, but that whole "Well John Elway in his first game", or "In Aikman's first season", or "Peyton once threw x amout of interceptions" is just beyond dumb. It really is. You're not proving or doing anything other than making yourself feel better.

I'm not sold on Allen, at all. I actually think he is bad. However, this team has given him nothing to work with. So I'm still holding out hope... and in the long run, I'm just a fan. My opinion doesn't mean ****. But trotting out all that other stuff, it's a waste of time.

I'm not saying Allen is bad, but

I'm not sold on Allen, at all. I actually think he is bad

?

Comparing stats or bad games from HOF QBs in their rookies does prove a point, it shows that poor games are a part of the growth and maturation process. It also shows that you are intellectually dishonest and not giving Allen a fair chance and since you are calling our rookie QB bad already, it shows you're a bad fan. Too early to say, I liked Allen coming out but the jury is out and will be quite awhile longer, maybe even years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Like I said before, give Allen Watkins, Woods, Goodwin and Hogan and then we can compare the two.  Oh yeah, and 5 more years in the league.

Thank you perfectly put. Right now Josh Allen has a bunch of children out there trying to catch his ball. Kelvin Benjamin has just quit on everyone this year and that drop we saw today from Holmes was absolutely beautiful and sums up how horrible this wide receiver unit is. I long for Sammy, Robert, Marquise and Nick still being on this team right now.  God even Reilly would've been better. 

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

?

Comparing stats or bad games from HOF QBs in their rookies does prove a point, it shows that poor games are a part of the growth and maturation process. It also shows that you are intellectually dishonest and not giving Allen a fair chance and since you are calling our rookie QB bad already, it shows you're a bad fan. Too early to say, I liked Allen coming out but the jury is out and will be quite awhile longer, maybe even years.

I realized the contradictory nature of my post.

When I try to look at things and just view them as they are, no bias, just with my mind, I say I can't make judgment on Allen. I say he has nothing to work with, he has been dealt a ****ty hand.

When I view it and I'm just real with myself, I look at it, and I think this guy hasn't done a thing to impress me with his arm. He has with his legs, and I know he has great arm power, but that hasn't translated once yet. Again, the other part of me says he has nothing to be on the receiving end.

I think it's a pretty fair place to be in. 

Again, your Hall of Fame rookie season point proves nothing. If you can't get that I don't know what to tell you. Hall of Famers are by nature an aberration statistically, that's why they are in the HOF. It's like saying hey this guy won the lottery after playing the same numbers for 50 years, so you should to. It doesn't translate. It is completely meaningless. 

The crappy fan and intellectually dishonest **** is just the cherry, I mean stupid on top. I'm actually being completely honest, and I don't get that bad fan **** at all.

So many Bills fans literally hated the Josh Allen pick when it was announced and they acted like they were gut shot by the news. I can also recall that so many fans wanted Beane to trade up with the NY Giants at the #2 spot to grab Josh Rosen by giving up this years picks of two #1s, #2s, #3s and even next years #1.

(I gotta wonder if the Giants and Broncos now regret not going after a QB early in this years draft class)

Anyway, the entire world knew that Josh Allen was a project and he needed to sit a year like the Chiefs did with Mahomes. He wasn't supposed to start but Peterman as the starter was an even worse option. We all know he can't yet read defenses, set protections, throw receivers open. But he is learning. 

The thing is, if this team can keep running the ball like they did today and throw only when least expected then Allen can perhaps develop into that franchise QB we all want. Allen is this teams starting QB. If you love the Bills...

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I realized the contradictory nature of my post.

When I try to look at things and just view them as they are, no bias, just with my mind, I say I can't make judgment on Allen. I say he has nothing to work with, he has been dealt a ****ty hand.

When I view it and I'm just real with myself, I look at it, and I think this guy hasn't done a thing to impress me with his arm. He has with his legs, and I know he has great arm power, but that hasn't translated once yet. Again, the other part of me says he has nothing to be on the receiving end.

I think it's a pretty fair place to be in. 

Again, your Hall of Fame rookie season point proves nothing. If you can't get that I don't know what to tell you. Hall of Famers are by nature an aberration statistically, that's why they are in the HOF. It's like saying hey this guy won the lottery after playing the same numbers for 50 years, so you should to. It doesn't translate. It is completely meaningless. 

The crappy fan and intellectually dishonest **** is just the cherry, I mean stupid on top. I'm actually being completely honest, and I don't get that bad fan **** at all.

Being a HOF QB isn't a lottery ticket, these men worked harder than everyone else, this wasn't like winning the Powerball, they devoted their life to their craft. My point is, if the 1% of NFL QBs had up and down first years, why can't Allen? I'm not saying he is going to be a HOF QB, I'm using that as an extreme example because it proves my point beautifully. If the ELITE QBS, struggled year 1, why are you holding Allen to a higher standard than them? 

I don't care if you're not impressed with his arm, too early to say he is bad, period. I don't care what you like at all actually.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Being a HOF QB isn't a lottery ticket, these men worked harder than everyone else, this wasn't like winning the Powerball, they devoted their life to their craft. My point is, if the 1% of NFL QBs had up and down first years, why can't Allen? I'm not saying he is going to be a HOF QB, I'm using that as an extreme example because it proves my point beautifully. If the ELITE QBS, struggled year 1, why are you holding Allen to a higher standard than them? 

I don't care if you're not impressed with his arm, too early to say he is bad, period. I don't care what you like at all actually.

We're probably actually agreeing. I don't care about year 1 either. I don't care what a Hall of Famer did, just like their has been guys who came in year 1 and played great then the league figured them out.

I'm just not a fan of bringing up anyone's year 1 and trying to relate that to how a QB will produce in the future. 

But yes, your HOF point is completely like hitting the Powerball. A guy playing like crap then becoming a hall of Famer is a great comparison. They lose over and over again, then they hit. All these guys work hard. You seriously think hard work is what it was that separates Hall of Fame QB's from the rest? Some guys are just gifted in how they process the speed of the game, athleticism, and being drafted to the right place.

Plenty of hard workers have not made the HOF. Leave it to blue collar Buffalo to trot out the hard working bs narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

We're probably actually agreeing. I don't care about year 1 either. I don't care what a Hall of Famer did, just like their has been guys who came in year 1 and played great then the league figured them out.

I'm just not a fan of bringing up anyone's year 1 and trying to relate that to how a QB will produce in the future. 

But yes, your HOF point is completely like hitting the Powerball. A guy playing like crap then becoming a hall of Famer is a great comparison. They lose over and over again, then they hit. All these guys work hard. You seriously think hard work is what it was that separates Hall of Fame QB's from the rest? Some guys are just gifted in how they process the speed of the game, athleticism, and being drafted to the right place.

Plenty of hard workers have not made the HOF. Leave it to blue collar Buffalo to trot out the hard working bs narrative.

Ok fair enough.

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Rosen is throwing dimes in case you haven't seen him. The Cards receivers have a case of drops worse than us.

We must not have watched the same game. Rosen threw 3 - 4 really nice passes. He started the game with a 75 yard TD pass to a wide open receiver. The rest of the game he went 9-24 for 95 yards and it was as ugly as it sounds. He had 3-4 legitimate drops, most of his completions were short passes, and there were 10-12 passes that were as inaccurate as anything we have seen from Allen. In other words, he looked like a rookie on a bad offensive team.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

?

all we heard this offseasin is sin is our passing game couldn’t get worse.  Well in a league where offense records are being set, we are barely over 100 yards passing!  

Wins are always nice but other Bills qb would be getting killed for this game.  This is Allen’s 3rd won in 2 years where he passed for under 100 yards.  Isn’t that why we got rid of Tyrod?  

Wins are not graded by the quality.  This is where quantity matters.  We are in a full rebuilding year.  We are developing a very raw talent at qb, and we are 1 game under 500 after week 5.  What is there to complain about?  Did anyone se two wins in the first five games on our schedule when the season began?  Let's get real.  The defense has performed much better in the two wins we have plus the 2nd half in San Diego than anyone thought possible.  

Looking at our remaining schedule, we have very winnable games against the Texans, Colts, Jets (2), Lions, and maybe even steal on from the Dolphins.  That is a potential of 8 wins!  Yes, we will lose a game we should win and maybe win another game we should loose, but 6 - 8 wins are a very real possibility.

I for one will sit back and enjoy watching Allen progress.  The offense may improve, the O line has already shown signs of improvement. 

We should not be judging Allen against the veteran qb's in the league or even against the more developed rookie qb's.  We all knew Allen was a development draft pick.  

Let's just chill and see what happens.

• Like (+1) 1

not to overlook this point. allen has to always throw into tight coverage because the receivers aren't getting separation.

why they haven't done something with that group has me baffled. cutting nick really made me mad, but not doing anything about this group is even worse.

what do we have...4 tight ends?  hell, kerley would probably having the most production of anyone right now. kb is a steaming pile right now and do we really need rayray on the active roster? if miami puts nick back on the p.s., we need to move.

why not bring back reilly?....or steal that gentry kid from the bears? why are they sitting on there hands? we have a young qb with accuracy issues and no one that can get open.

the only clean productive plays come by blown coverages. i hope they shake things up a little and give this offense a fresh look.

8 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

He couldn't hold Taylors jock.

Top 5 worst poster currently on tsw now

5 hours ago, Pasaluki said:

I disagree. The kid needs to see that the team is capable of winning in different ways. 

I agree. Didn’t do much but still technically led a game winning drive under pressure. That’s already half of how many tyrod did in 3 years.