McDermott and Beane ought to feel utter terror about Allen

5 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

With Allen looking as bad as he does, even though these two did absolutely nothing offensively to help his cause, McD and Beane must be in panic mode (Derek Anderson, really?). 

Not only do you have to rebuild an entire offense but your prized QB is beyond terrible. Maybe if they would have listened to the overwhelming majority of pundits they wouldn't have traded all their draft capital for a guy with suspect accuracy and pocket awareness. Couple this with underachieving at Wyoming and I'm not really sure why he was ever a consideration in the first round to begin with. 

If its me..and trust me I know this will not happen.. I am very seriously considering a QB with my top 10 pick next year if there isn't any progression. I know everyone wants to give it time but how often is a QB utterly awful only to turn it around and become great these days (Goff seems to be the exception to the rule - not ready to anoint Trubisky). 

So I'd be kicking my self in the rear if I were these guys. I gave up (2) crucial 2nd round picks that could have been used to bolster my roster even further and probably could have done so and skill gotten Josh Rosen had I stayed put. 

So go ahead and tell me it's too early. Some of us know when things are going to end poorly (EJ Manuel). My advice to Beane and McD is think long and hard this offseason and don't be blinded by reality...you're jobs may depend on it. 

It won't be you.  So thankfully taking another QB next year won't happen.

Our rookie QB took us down the field in the final minutes when we needed a FG and won us the game. You are paying too much attention to stats.  Our OL isn't anything to write home about and our WR are horrible.  And this is all Allen's fault?

I think Allen is remarkably poised for a rookie.  When he came to the sideline on the GW drive he shrugged someone off like no big deal.  He acts like anything but a rookie.  

My question to you is why didn't you write this after the Minnesota game when he completed 70% of his passes and was named AFC rookie of the week?  

Allen is going to have good games and bad games.  Even the best QB's have them.  It's about us winning the game.  There are QB's that passed for 300 yards this week and lost.  I'll take the W. 

And everyone is blowing this Derek Anderson thing out of proportion.  He is coming in to mentor Allen, which is what he did with Cam Newton for 7 years.  He isn't being brought in to take the QB job from Allen.  Meanwhile TT and Fitz (2 former Bills QB's that everyone has been clamoring for) have both been benched.  

As you can plainly see, there is no panic in McD or Beane.  They keep reiterating it's a young team and they will continue to grow and learn from their mistakes.  Allen is still learning the QB position, and has made some amazing plays.  The only one's panicking are some fans. 

Go find a Mahomes thread.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 7

15 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

With Allen looking as bad as he does, even though these two did absolutely nothing offensively to help his cause, McD and Beane must be in panic mode (Derek Anderson, really?). 

Not only do you have to rebuild an entire offense but your prized QB is beyond terrible. Maybe if they would have listened to the overwhelming majority of pundits they wouldn't have traded all their draft capital for a guy with suspect accuracy and pocket awareness. Couple this with underachieving at Wyoming and I'm not really sure why he was ever a consideration in the first round to begin with. 

If its me..and trust me I know this will not happen.. I am very seriously considering a QB with my top 10 pick next year if there isn't any progression. I know everyone wants to give it time but how often is a QB utterly awful only to turn it around and become great these days (Goff seems to be the exception to the rule - not ready to anoint Trubisky). 

So I'd be kicking my self in the rear if I were these guys. I gave up (2) crucial 2nd round picks that could have been used to bolster my roster even further and probably could have done so and skill gotten Josh Rosen had I stayed put. 

So go ahead and tell me it's too early. Some of us know when things are going to end poorly (EJ Manuel). My advice to Beane and McD is think long and hard this offseason and don't be blinded by reality...you're jobs may depend on it. 

Not every QB comes out the gate firing on all cylinders. It's very difficult to make an evaluation of Josh Allen with the offensive talent deficiency we have . Judge Allen in year 2 because year 1 is often not indicative of future success or failure..rg3 looked great year 1 how that turn out ..Mariota has regressed since year 1..dak Prescott as well ..meanwhile Goff was night and day between year 1 and 2...point is we don't know yet 3 games is too small a sample size to determine his career trajectory

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I do believe I left the caveat for improvement... 

Flame away for actually having an opinion that the kid may not be great......plenty of analysts that break down his play week after week agree...just as they expressed concern throughout the entire draft process. 

Now that he's a Bill though he must be great. 

Not sure how you teach accuracy...

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

2-2 as a starter , wins is the only stat that matters. Allen will be okay and his teammates fight their butts off for him, he came through clutch today on a game winning drive!

I will never question him as a person or a competitor. 

If I could have 53 players with his passion and fire I would. I just don't think he's very good. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Sure sucks when we win  FFS

What really irritates me is that when he on the sidelines, no one is there to talk to him and mentor him.  Daboll is up top, the QB coach just sits there, and Peterman is nowhere to be found.  Kid is literally there by himself, which makes you have to wonder the quality of coaching he is getting both during the game and at practice.  Talk about being set up to fail.

• Thank you (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Another Billsy take.

25 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Your take is idiotic.  The Bills are in a Multiyear rebuild on offense exaggerated by the loss of 40% of their offensive line during the offseason and making the choice to take the cap hit this year and use this year to add young talent and let it develop.

You bemoan all the draft capital in getting Allen, but is their any QB in the 2019 draft class has a comparable skill set?  I watch a lot of college football and there is not.  You feel we should have stayed at 12 and selected Rosen.  Behind our line and with our horrid receiving Corp he would be crumpled in a fetal position whimpering with the first of many NFL concussions, and when his brain becomes descrambled listening to him B word about the piss poor talent around him.

Accept this year for what it is, if you want to

complain do it, your childish whining won't change anything, just allows people like me to light you up for the fair weather fan you are.  

Hope the rest of the dedicated Bills fans also give you a piece of their minds you jerk

5 minutes ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

What really irritates me is that when he on the sidelines, no one is there to talk to him and mentor him.  Daboll is up top, the QB coach just sits there, and Peterman is nowhere to be found.  Kid is literally there by himself, which makes you have to wonder the quality of coaching he is getting both during the game and at practice.  Talk about being set up to fail.

He will have Derek Anderson next Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

I do believe I left the caveat for improvement... 

Flame away for actually having an opinion that the kid may not be great......plenty of analysts that break down his play week after week agree...just as they expressed concern throughout the entire draft process. 

Now that he's a Bill though he must be great. 

Not sure how you teach accuracy...

I will never question him as a person or a competitor. 

If I could have 53 players with his passion and fire I would. I just don't think he's very good. 

That's a fair statement. He hasn't looked very good but i think he does enough and is such an athletic freak that we can build a successful scheme around him where he can Excel.

We're 2-3 after a brutal start against 5 quality opponents, 3 on road. Let's see if Allen and Daboll can progress and adjust as the season goes on and the schedule gets a little softer..

18 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

It won't be you.  So thankfully taking another QB next year won't happen.

Our rookie QB took us down the field in the final minutes when we needed a FG and won us the game. You are paying too much attention to stats.  Our OL isn't anything to write home about and our WR are horrible.  And this is all Allen's fault?

I think Allen is remarkably poised for a rookie.  When he came to the sideline on the GW drive he shrugged someone off like no big deal.  He acts like anything but a rookie.  

My question to you is why didn't you write this after the Minnesota game when he completed 70% of his passes and was named AFC rookie of the week?  

Allen is going to have good games and bad games.  Even the best QB's have them.  It's about us winning the game.  There are QB's that passed for 300 yards this week and lost.  I'll take the W. 

And everyone is blowing this Derek Anderson thing out of proportion.  He is coming in to mentor Allen, which is what he did with Cam Newton for 7 years.  He isn't being brought in to take the QB job from Allen.  Meanwhile TT and Fitz (2 former Bills QB's that everyone has been clamoring for) have both been benched.  

As you can plainly see, there is no panic in McD or Beane.  They keep reiterating it's a young team and they will continue to grow and learn from their mistakes.  Allen is still learning the QB position, and has made some amazing plays.  The only one's panicking are some fans. 

Go find a Mahomes thread.  

^^^^^This. And glad you mentioned the Mahomes thread...the OP probably blames Beane for that too, even though he wasn’t here for the 2017 draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Your take is idiotic.  The Bills are in a Multiyear rebuild on offense exaggerated by the loss of 40% of their offensive line during the offseason and making the choice to take the cap hit this year and use this year to add young talent and let it develop.

You bemoan all the draft capital in getting Allen, but is their any QB in the 2019 draft class has a comparable skill set?  I watch a lot of college football and there is not.  You feel we should have stayed at 12 and selected Rosen.  Behind our line and with our horrid receiving Corp he would be crumpled in a fetal position whimpering with the first of many NFL concussions, and when his brain becomes descrambled listening to him B word about the piss poor talent around him.

Accept this year for what it is, if you want to

complain do it, your childish whining won't change anything, just allows people like me to light you up for the fair weather fan you are.  

Hope the rest of the dedicated Bills fans also give you a piece of their minds you jerk

I'll add you to the list of those who accept anything and any plan the Bills have as gospel.

Lots of sarcastic replies but I think the OP is right and I think that at least the coaching staff knows it.  This actually reminds me a lot of last season with Tyrod and when we signed Kyle Orton last minute.  Marrone knew EJ blew but Whaley wouldn't accept it.  The staff wanted to move on from Tyrod last year but Peterman was worse. 

I turned the game on half way through the 2nd quarter and it wasn't until later in the 4th quarter that I saw Allen make a good play actually throwing the ball.  He threw two good ones in a row, the second was a pick bc generic deadbeat receiver let it go through his hands, off his helmet, and was picked. Everything else was pretty awful.

Down by 2 with 4 minutes left and we ran the ball the whole way down the field.  I think Allen threw two passes, a swing pass to McCoy and what was basically a bubble screen- basically long handoffs.  The playcalls are hiding Allen and it's deserved.

Allen really has a long, LONG way to go.  Derek Anderson  can't hurt anything and I won't be suprised if he gets some playing tome and some point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1