McDermott and Beane ought to feel utter terror about Allen

3 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

I agree with you Hapless, Allen sits by himself with his tablet. I didn't think about Peterman not being in the picture. Good catch.

So where is famed QB coach Dave Culley?  Is he around? 

See here's what's ticking me off.   Watching Mahomes, he comes off the field, there's Andy Freakin' Reid right with him.  Now maybe that's a bad thing - maybe Reid ought to be minding the overall HC store and mixing it in more with the D and the ST.  But the message is clear:  "Mahomes, I'll do anything to help you and your development is my priority as your HC".

This is with 4 top-notch receiving targets + Hunt who are running decent and consistent routes and a decent OL.

I feel they could have (within their cap constraints) done more to upgrade the OL and WR.   Blahblah cap blahblah takes time.  Excuses.  But let's take them at face value - you can't even give Josh a sideline mentor who can help steady him?  It's like all they want to give Allen is a pair of cleats and a cape, then send him out post-game to take it on himself if he can't fly all the time.  I'll put it out there for those who don't remember, I was NOT in Camp Allen pre draft and I still see much cause for skepticism between the bright spots.  But he's our QB now, and I want to see him given the absolute best shot to succeed, not treated like a dingleberry.

Going back to the OP's premise, I think Allen is performing exactly as the pre-draft evaluation said he would likely perform, and the correct emotion for Beane and McDermott to experience with regard to Allen right now ought to be "shame"

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Keep him away from Peterman at all costs!!!

There's a reason why McDermott and Dennison and Daboll all love them some Peterman, and it's not because he doesn't understand the plays and the options theoretically.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

See here's what's ticking me off.   Watching Mahomes, he comes off the field, there's Andy Freakin' Reid right with him.  Now maybe that's a bad thing - maybe Reid ought to be minding the overall HC store and mixing it in more with the D and the ST.  But the message is clear:  "Mahomes, I'll do anything to help you and your development is my priority as your HC".

This is with 4 top-notch receiving targets + Hunt who are running decent and consistent routes and a decent OL.

I feel they could have (within their cap constraints) done more to upgrade the OL and WR.   Blahblah cap blahblah takes time.  Excuses.  But let's take them at face value - you can't even give Josh a sideline mentor who can help steady him?  It's like all they want to give Allen is a pair of cleats and a cape, then send him out post-game to take it on himself if he can't fly all the time.  I'll put it out there for those who don't remember, I was NOT in Camp Allen pre draft and I still see much cause for skepticism between the bright spots.  But he's our QB now, and I want to see him given the absolute best shot to succeed, not treated like a dingleberry.

Going back to the OP's premise, I think Allen is performing exactly as the pre-draft evaluation said he would likely perform, and the correct emotion for Beane and McDermott to experience with regard to Allen right now ought to be "shame"

There's a reason why McDermott and Dennison and Daboll all love them some Peterman, and it's not because he doesn't understand the plays and the options theoretically.

What have they shown to make you believe they know a lot about good nfl offenses?

8 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

When I saw Josh on the sidelines, it looked like he had a tablet going over something with someone because he had his headphones on and was talking back to someone. I imagine it was Daboll, and they were watching the last series or what they were going to do next to counter the defense. Just guessing on my part. But I agree, the more help the better.

I’ll have to keep an eye out. That’s good to know. :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

So Rosen drops count, Allen’s drops don’t? I get ya?? ?

Just watch the other games man. I ain't saying he's better than Josh Allen. I'm saying he's playing with the best supporting caste he can, as is Allen. Shocker.

On 10/9/2018 at 10:32 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have wanted to question the handling of Allen myself, but I didn't want to be a homer. I figure he didn't get much help at Wyoming either, so maybe coaches think he can just figure it out.  I really don't know. And I don't know much about the pro part as to how much help they get. Some on here kept pointing out how Daboll followed him around in camp, like he was getting treated special. So I thought pros were just supposed to adapt.

I will say they are making him look stupid and that he doesn't know how too throw vertical. We saw earlier in the year the kinds of throws he can make. I think they are doing more damage at times with the too conservative play calling. Why they don't grab a few receivers on a 1 year contract is beyond me. I wouldn't be suprised if they traded Shady to deplete the offense even more. I think they don't care about this year. Winning is just a bonus.

When I watch his receivers I see them taking plays off, jogging through their patterns if it looks like they aren't the intended receivers. And won't even get into the drops. It seems the announcers are on his side when he is winning, and flip very quickly if he starts to lose in a game. The media are mostly negative, and grudgingly give him kudos.

On 10/9/2018 at 4:58 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Just watch the other games man. I ain't saying he's better than Josh Allen. I'm saying he's playing with the best supporting caste he can, as is Allen. Shocker.

At least Rosen has a true #1 and 2 receiver to get open. Allen doesn't even have that.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, Jpsredemption said:

With Allen looking as bad as he does, even though these two did absolutely nothing offensively to help his cause, McD and Beane must be in panic mode (Derek Anderson, really?). 

Not only do you have to rebuild an entire offense but your prized QB is beyond terrible. Maybe if they would have listened to the overwhelming majority of pundits they wouldn't have traded all their draft capital for a guy with suspect accuracy and pocket awareness. Couple this with underachieving at Wyoming and I'm not really sure why he was ever a consideration in the first round to begin with. 

If its me..and trust me I know this will not happen.. I am very seriously considering a QB with my top 10 pick next year if there isn't any progression. I know everyone wants to give it time but how often is a QB utterly awful only to turn it around and become great these days (Goff seems to be the exception to the rule - not ready to anoint Trubisky). 

So I'd be kicking my self in the rear if I were these guys. I gave up (2) crucial 2nd round picks that could have been used to bolster my roster even further and probably could have done so and skill gotten Josh Rosen had I stayed put. 

So go ahead and tell me it's too early. Some of us know when things are going to end poorly (EJ Manuel). My advice to Beane and McD is think long and hard this offseason and don't be blinded by reality...you're jobs may depend on it. 

I gotta hand it to you, that is one funny screen name.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

A vet QB that went 2-17 for 23 yards against our very team when he was with the Browns. We should have tried to sign Matt Moore

I was there that day.  Four hours I'll never get back.  

His best throw of the day was a 25 yd seem route that would have went for 50+ yds and 6 had our old friend Robert Royal not dropped it.

That was a bad day for the sport.    

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stony said:

I was there that day.  Four hours I'll never get back.  

His best throw of the day was a 25 yd seem route that would have went for 50+ yds and 6 had our old friend Robert Royal not dropped it.

That was a bad day for the sport.    

I was there too. I remember the crew at Lot 1 Pole 5 being even more stunned than depressed after the game, if that makes any sense. :)

Edited by Bill from NYC

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

A vet QB that went 2-17 for 23 yards against our very team when he was with the Browns. We should have tried to sign Matt Moore

Has this not been covered already

some of these guys are better teachers then they are doers

as a backup qb you can do worse and there is a reason why he has been in the league for so long

So the feeling of terror continues .. he was bad to mediocre today and now if he's hurt you start D. Anderson the rest of the season and try again next year? 

If so the franchise is now set back yet again. Welcome to another drought. 

Stockpile draft picks...swing again on a QB and load up on offense.