McDermott and Beane ought to feel utter terror about Allen

TE's need to play a bigger role in this offense... Let this kid get dink & dunk down before the 50 yd. TD passes... Croom looks OK, but isn't really asked to do much in the passing game... At this point, it should be clear to everyone that Zay couldn't replace Woods on his best day.... Allen needs reliable options..... McBeanboll's ignorance of this fact is somewhat disturbing.

5 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Thats less than 20 a game.

20 would be 320

He only played 13 regular season games. 295/13 is just over 22.5.

It's not even close to rarely attempting more than 10 passes a game. 

I'm not really a fan of that comparison though considering Pittsburgh had talent all over that roster and we're talking about how football was played 15 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not if it has pineapple on it.

Damn! I love a good Hawaiian pizza....

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Drops. Watch his games.. highlights at lease. Just saying he's playing well.

So Rosen drops count, Allen’s drops don’t? I get ya???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Remember you can't have good pie without good culture.  Yeast cultures in the case of pie, but essential nonetheless.

So yeast is more important than the quality of the ingredients?  Or is it the combination of the ingredients with good rising yeast? 

Although yeast refers more to cakes so maybe I dont know what I'm talking about ?

Edited by Behindenemylines

9 hours ago, teef said:

You don’t have to, but you do have to respect me as a person. 

Even though the OP wasn't posting about Josh Allen being a bust, do we still have to respect his opinion about pies?

What about cake? Surely, we must respect the OP's opinion about cake. What are we, Barbarians, here, people? Let the OP have a goddamn opinion about cake!

But not about pies!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/7/2018 at 7:03 PM, Jpsredemption said:

With Allen looking as bad as he does, even though these two did absolutely nothing offensively to help his cause, McD and Beane must be in panic mode (Derek Anderson, really?). 

Not only do you have to rebuild an entire offense but your prized QB is beyond terrible. Maybe if they would have listened to the overwhelming majority of pundits they wouldn't have traded all their draft capital for a guy with suspect accuracy and pocket awareness. Couple this with underachieving at Wyoming and I'm not really sure why he was ever a consideration in the first round to begin with. 

If its me..and trust me I know this will not happen.. I am very seriously considering a QB with my top 10 pick next year if there isn't any progression. I know everyone wants to give it time but how often is a QB utterly awful only to turn it around and become great these days (Goff seems to be the exception to the rule - not ready to anoint Trubisky). 

So I'd be kicking my self in the rear if I were these guys. I gave up (2) crucial 2nd round picks that could have been used to bolster my roster even further and probably could have done so and skill gotten Josh Rosen had I stayed put. 

So go ahead and tell me it's too early. Some of us know when things are going to end poorly (EJ Manuel). My advice to Beane and McD is think long and hard this offseason and don't be blinded by reality...you're jobs may depend on it. 

.Actually do your homework and see what the Wyoming story really is instead of hearing it second hand. And please don't claim you know anything about his college experience.  There were a lot of experts saying he would go in the top 10. So are you an expert now? Even Baker Mayfield said he figured it would come down to Allen or him as the number 1 pick. It amazes me how anyone with a smart phone can become an expert on everything and anything. Did you want to be an astronaut as a kid? Just curious.

Edited by BB@Shooter
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

The great QBs are always studying formations on the side. Brady and Peyton immediately come to mind. They usually have an assistant helping to provide photos or screenshots of recent plays.  I often find it odd when I see a QB just sitting there.  Is he mentally putting himself in a good place, or is he just missing out on an opportunity to learn?  It seems like a QB coach or some other assistant should be going over things with him. 

By the way, when the OP starts with “With Allen looking as bad as he does...”  ...that’s not a diplomatic way to start an intelligent debate.  That’s a man on a mission.

When I saw Josh on the sidelines, it looked like he had a tablet going over something with someone because he had his headphones on and was talking back to someone. I imagine it was Daboll, and they were watching the last series or what they were going to do next to counter the defense. Just guessing on my part. But I agree, the more help the better.

16 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

When I saw Josh on the sidelines, it looked like he had a tablet going over something with someone because he had his headphones on and was talking back to someone. I imagine it was Daboll, and they were watching the last series or what they were going to do next to counter the defense. Just guessing on my part. But I agree, the more help the better.

So question for you, esp if you were at the games: where is Peterman in all this?  And for that matter, where is QB coach Culley?   Everyone raves about how totes marvelous Peterman's personality is, but I don't think I've seen him coming up to Josh and offering tea and sympathy much less input.

It just seems as though it's Allen and his headphones and tablet.

21 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Allen is statistically the worst QB in the NFL among active starters.

Allen statistically has the most wins of the rookie qb's. Tied, same thing. If you r trying to prove you are an Allen hater, Message received.  I just hope all that negativity doesn't eat at you and you can't enjoy the progression of Allen and the team. When it comes down to it Allen just wins . He has won at every level. It may not be the prettiest, but he wins. In his first full year at Wyoming he got them into the conference championship. Say whatever pops into your noggin, but he will end up proving you wrong. I love it.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So question for you, esp if you were at the games: where is Peterman in all this?  And for that matter, where is QB coach Culley?   Everyone raves about how totes marvelous Peterman's personality is, but I don't think I've seen him coming up to Josh and offering tea and sympathy much less input.

I agree with you Hapless, Allen sits by himself with his tablet. I didn't think about Peterman not being in the picture. Good catch.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Keep him away from Peterman at all costs!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1