McDermott and Beane ought to feel utter terror about Allen

He us doing fine.  Yesterday he threw the ball away when he needed to, didn't force things.  He's showing growth and learning from game to game.   He makes accurate throws when he has time in the pocket.  Those saying he's terrible and can't improve are clueless and desperately trying to justify their preformed opinions.

9 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

With Allen looking as bad as he does, even though these two did absolutely nothing offensively to help his cause, McD and Beane must be in panic mode (Derek Anderson, really?). 

Not only do you have to rebuild an entire offense but your prized QB is beyond terrible. Maybe if they would have listened to the overwhelming majority of pundits they wouldn't have traded all their draft capital for a guy with suspect accuracy and pocket awareness. Couple this with underachieving at Wyoming and I'm not really sure why he was ever a consideration in the first round to begin with. 

If its me..and trust me I know this will not happen.. I am very seriously considering a QB with my top 10 pick next year if there isn't any progression. I know everyone wants to give it time but how often is a QB utterly awful only to turn it around and become great these days (Goff seems to be the exception to the rule - not ready to anoint Trubisky). 

So I'd be kicking my self in the rear if I were these guys. I gave up (2) crucial 2nd round picks that could have been used to bolster my roster even further and probably could have done so and skill gotten Josh Rosen had I stayed put. 

So go ahead and tell me it's too early. Some of us know when things are going to end poorly (EJ Manuel). My advice to Beane and McD is think long and hard this offseason and don't be blinded by reality...you're jobs may depend on it. 

You're right, we should see what we can get before the trade deadline. I heard Tyrod Taylor is available.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I liked Allen's last drive.. recievers let him down again. He's improving and shows he has talent.

But I hate self policing wannabe mods.. Mahomes is the MVP quarterback as of now. Rosen looks as advertised when he was the runaway #1 overall pick in March. We CAN be critical of the regime and not cry to the mods when someone makes a hot take OP.

You're having a mod crusade Doc. I like your posts but I don't like crying to the mods when you disagree. The team is an emotional rollercoaster and the forum is a rollercoaster.. let the free speech ride brutha!

Are we talking about the Rosen who was 10-25? I don’t want anything mistaken here....

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dezertbill said:

It won't be you.  So thankfully taking another QB next year won't happen.

Our rookie QB took us down the field in the final minutes when we needed a FG and won us the game. You are paying too much attention to stats.  Our OL isn't anything to write home about and our WR are horrible.  And this is all Allen's fault?

I think Allen is remarkably poised for a rookie.  When he came to the sideline on the GW drive he shrugged someone off like no big deal.  He acts like anything but a rookie.  

My question to you is why didn't you write this after the Minnesota game when he completed 70% of his passes and was named AFC rookie of the week?  

Allen is going to have good games and bad games.  Even the best QB's have them.  It's about us winning the game.  There are QB's that passed for 300 yards this week and lost.  I'll take the W. 

And everyone is blowing this Derek Anderson thing out of proportion.  He is coming in to mentor Allen, which is what he did with Cam Newton for 7 years.  He isn't being brought in to take the QB job from Allen.  Meanwhile TT and Fitz (2 former Bills QB's that everyone has been clamoring for) have both been benched.  

As you can plainly see, there is no panic in McD or Beane.  They keep reiterating it's a young team and they will continue to grow and learn from their mistakes.  Allen is still learning the QB position, and has made some amazing plays.  The only one's panicking are some fans. 

Go find a Mahomes thread.  

Allen has had one good half and been pretty bad the rest of the time. I agree with the OP. Hasn't shown enough. Not ready to give up on him after week 5 though.

8 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Totally understand that. Don't understand why people want to enforce mob mentality.

To constantly tear at the kid is stupid..........progress isn`t linear.

No mattter how he plays it sure beats watching Teyrod.

Mahomes would be hot trash on this roster and Rosen would already be IR`d.

We got one tough gamer and when he gets some talent around him there will be a lot of crow to eat.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

To constantly tear at the kid is stupid..........progress isn`t linear.

No mattter how he plays it sure beats watching Teyrod.

Mahomes would be hot trash on this roster and Rosen would already be IR`d.

We got one tough gamer and when he gets some talent around him there will be a lot of crow to eat.

You were killing it.  Until you added that dumb part about Mahomes 

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

You were killing it.  Until you added that dumb part about Mahomes 

Do you think he would be doing much better than Cornfed with this surrounding cast...

He is on a stacked team in KC built for success now.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I'm sure you'll love the attention if Allen doesn't work out. Question is, what will you do if Allen turns out to be good?

I'll be thrilled and admit I was wrong.

I'm just not banking on it.

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Thanks again for your automated opinion. 

15 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Do you think he would be doing much better than Cornfed with this surrounding cast...

He is on a stacked team in KC built for success now.

Of course not.     Watkins, Kelce, Hill etc are studs.    

He wouldn’t be “hot garbage” here though.   That’s for sure 

18 minutes ago, teef said:

oh op...the world you must live in.

I live in a world where all possibilities must be considered and I think Beane and McD should think long and hard IF things continue down this road about what hitching their wagons to this QB would mean to the long term prospects of the franchise. 

Don't want to set us back several years based on a faulty belief. 

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Of course not.     Watkins, Kelce, Hill etc are studs.    

He wouldn’t be “hot garbage” here though.   That’s for sure 

Ok maybe not but we will never know.

One thing we can agree on is that he would be running for his life ;)

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

With Allen looking as bad as he does, even though these two did absolutely nothing offensively to help his cause, McD and Beane must be in panic mode (Derek Anderson, really?). 

Not only do you have to rebuild an entire offense but your prized QB is beyond terrible. Maybe if they would have listened to the overwhelming majority of pundits they wouldn't have traded all their draft capital for a guy with suspect accuracy and pocket awareness. Couple this with underachieving at Wyoming and I'm not really sure why he was ever a consideration in the first round to begin with. 

If its me..and trust me I know this will not happen.. I am very seriously considering a QB with my top 10 pick next year if there isn't any progression. I know everyone wants to give it time but how often is a QB utterly awful only to turn it around and become great these days (Goff seems to be the exception to the rule - not ready to anoint Trubisky). 

So I'd be kicking my self in the rear if I were these guys. I gave up (2) crucial 2nd round picks that could have been used to bolster my roster even further and probably could have done so and skill gotten Josh Rosen had I stayed put. 

So go ahead and tell me it's too early. Some of us know when things are going to end poorly (EJ Manuel). My advice to Beane and McD is think long and hard this offseason and don't be blinded by reality...you're jobs may depend on it. 

Does the JP in your handle stand for JP Losman?