McDermott's Locker Room Victory Speech

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Idiot on the radio was bemoaning the fact that Allen was NOT dropping back to pass all day and today was just wasted on running which the league doesn't do anymore and we should be just like the rams.

can't even stand GR anymore.

Now There is a place that's needs a regime change. (Sal is the only good one)

AGREED! I took the dog for a walk after the game and streamed the WGR postgame to relish in the win a bit... I turned it off after about 5 minutes remembering why I never tune in to the postgame anymore. Is that Schoop and Bulldog? How are they even employed? It didn't even sound like they watched the game. Callers were talking about specific plays and they just kept saying "I don't remember that. I don't even know what you're talking about." As if the callers were crazy. I knew what plays the callers were talking about. They were big plays! And then the two of them just ranted about how our rookie QB in his third start didn't throw for 500 yards. What is the point? You could pick any two people off the streets of Buffalo and have a more informative and entertaining show.

They also stated that the Bills couldn't run the ball all day and how the run game stinks. Sure, yards per carry might have been low, but the run game was pretty important to that win and against a very stout front seven for Tennessee.

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Did anyone inform McD that the win was unsatisfying? 

especially to WGR

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I like McD. I just think he needs to find a bright offensive mind who can run with Allen and get the weapons we need to compete.

Dabol is the guy, just it takes time for him and the players to get a feel for each other on top of the fact that most of the offensive players are backups.

1 hour ago, folz said:

AGREED! I took the dog for a walk after the game and streamed the WGR postgame to relish in the win a bit... I turned it off after about 5 minutes remembering why I never tune in to the postgame anymore. Is that Schoop and Bulldog? How are they even employed? It didn't even sound like they watched the game. Callers were talking about specific plays and they just kept saying "I don't remember that. I don't even know what you're talking about." As if the callers were crazy. I knew what plays the callers were talking about. They were big plays! And then the two of them just ranted about how our rookie QB in his third start didn't throw for 500 yards. What is the point? You could pick any two people off the streets of Buffalo and have a more informative and entertaining show.

They also stated that the Bills couldn't run the ball all day and how the run game stinks. Sure, yards per carry might have been low, but the run game was pretty important to that win and against a very stout front seven for Tennessee.

I j heard it on the overtime show which I  believe is with Nate Gary , who said him Schopp were in agreement on this (deep down they are Allen haters and where on Rosens knob the whole time, and are just finding ways to rail against Allen)

2 hours ago, yrly said:

Hauschka was seriously one of the best pickups we could possibly have had. His release was as baffling as Dallas getting rid of Bailey, he had like one lousy game in Seattle and they axed him, one game and there were players that missed more kicks today than he did in that bad game. The kicking game is often under appreciated there is a reason these teams retain a good kicker when they get one. When you’ve got a player that’s almost automatic like Tucker, Vinatieri, Bryant, Bailey or any of those elite level kickers... it certainly feels good to not worry as much about those kicks doesn’t it? 

Houshka wasn’t cut by Seattle. He wasn’t re-signed because they didn’t want to pay him $$

we smartly paid him the $$$

3 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Every week it's the same, "stay the course"  or "fire McBeane."  This FO is staying put and banking on riding the Josh Allen train. And nothing is going to change unless and until we see if Allen is the real deal or not.  So embrace the process and on to Houston.

Whenever I see posts like this, and it's no where near, not even close to as serious. But it always gives me this creepy rapey vibe, "just take it" "just embrace it". It's way too aggressive. People can not agree with that vague cliche you put out there, they actually have a right to. 

So no, I won't embrace the process. I don't accept things that aren't clearly defined.

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...ok why Terry R?.......

Probably gave the Bills defense some very helpful insight into the Titans offensive playbook considering he was their OC just last year.

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Game Balls for Robiskie, Shaq, and Hauschka. 

Good stuff 26, thanks for posting

8 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

In a year with absolute awful kicking throughout the league, you appreciate Hauscha a lot more.

btw, what player was offsides today on a kick-off?

Lacey Underall.

8 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

really? he also missed the tackle on their longest punt return by #14 McD needs to send a message.

I'll give him a break there, PR signaled for a fair catch.

6 hours ago, yrly said:

Hauschka was seriously one of the best pickups we could possibly have had. His release was as baffling as Dallas getting rid of Bailey, he had like one lousy game in Seattle and they axed him, one game and there were players that missed more kicks today than he did in that bad game. The kicking game is often under appreciated there is a reason these teams retain a good kicker when they get one. When you’ve got a player that’s almost automatic like Tucker, Vinatieri, Bryant, Bailey or any of those elite level kickers... it certainly feels good to not worry as much about those kicks doesn’t it? 

Totally agree and want to add that Justin Tucker is the most under appreciated dude in the NFL. He's automatic. It's such a boost to have a weapon like that.

10 hours ago, No Cease Fires said:

It's almost like winning the game has no meaning anymore. Style points are all that matter.

Exactly!  Why bemoan  how we win?  We have two more wins than I thought we would have at this point before the season started.

This is a rebuilding years and we are 2-3 after the most difficult part of our season.  We have 5 -6 winnable games remaining on our schedule.  

News flash, the Bills are NOT the worst team in the league.  

Go Bills!!!

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Whenever I see posts like this, and it's no where near, not even close to as serious. But it always gives me this creepy rapey vibe, "just take it" "just embrace it". It's way too aggressive. People can not agree with that vague cliche you put out there, they actually have a right to. 

So no, I won't embrace the process. I don't accept things that aren't clearly defined.

Gosh, don't want to be aggressive in football.  You don't accept it, then don't and ponder the nuances.

12 hours ago, GreatComeback said:

Hey @Hapless Bills Fan say what you will about the talent on the team...but the culture here doesn't appear to be broken

What have I said about the talent on the team?

On the other hand, I have said this about organizational culture:

" Culture, in reality, is the set of beliefs, assumptions and expectations that govern how people within anorganization actually interact and behave. " 

Therefore I would say, by definition, we can not determine whether or not the culture is healthy or not from a coach's postgame speech.

There were a lot of things right about how the team interacted and behaved yesterday during the game.  The D came out playing hard and played hard all game.  They didn't act deflated when the offensive possessions were short or there was an INT.  The OL seemed to be going hard every snap, and I'm anxious to see what the run blocking was like, as they demonstrated they can support a run game.  There were some strange ST miscues that are troubling, and from what I saw Benjamin is still kind of phoning it in.

What will show more about whether or not the organizational culture is healthy, is how we play next week.  Do we go hard, or do we take off?  Despite their record, Houston is a more productive and balanced offense than Tenn. and will be harder for us to handle.  They have some amazing WR.  We'll likely need to score more to keep up.

So we'll see.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What have I said about the talent on the team?

On the other hand, I have said this about organizational culture:

" Culture, in reality, is the set of beliefs, assumptions and expectations that govern how people within anorganization actually interact and behave. " 

Therefore I would say, by definition, we can not determine whether or not the culture is healthy or not from a coach's postgame speech.

There were a lot of things right about how the team interacted and behaved yesterday during the game.  The D came out playing hard and played hard all game.  They didn't act deflated when the offensive possessions were short or there was an INT.  The OL seemed to be going hard every snap, and I'm anxious to see what the run blocking was like, as they demonstrated they can support a run game.  There were some strange ST miscues that are troubling, and from what I saw Benjamin is still kind of phoning it in.

What will show more about whether or not the organizational culture is healthy, is how we play next week.  Do we go hard, or do we take off?  Despite their record, Houston is a more productive and balanced offense than Tenn. and will be harder for us to handle.  They have some amazing WR.  We'll likely need to score more to keep up.

So we'll see.

I’d agree on Houston and don’t think the blueprint from yesterday is sustainable or a good idea long term.  At some point Allen will need to air it out