The Bills' D is Starting to Take Form - Now Number Three in DVOA

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Literally zero players?

Literally?

Yeah, I get all worn out by all the "Trade Edmunds" and "Trade Tre White" threads.

Hate to be the grouch, but it sure looked to me like part of that was just that Minny had an absolutely awful game. Yeah, some of it was us playing well, but they came out flatter than the Bonneville Salt Flats.

But they legitimately look like they're coming together into a force to be taken seriously.

The Minnesota game was indeed weird, punctuated by the fact that their best pass rusher went off the deep end right before the game. Plus there was that stupid roughing the passer play on a good pass rush on the billls first possession. Should have been a three and out. That said, the D played veey well.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Best D since 1999, that was a pretty good team. Hopefully this team will be better. I know if we shut down Houston I will be pretty confident in us making the wild card. There is a good chance this game defines the season.

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

Best D since 1999, that was a pretty good team. Hopefully this team will be better. I know if we shut down Houston I will be pretty confident in us making the wild card. There is a good chance this game defines the season.

They'll need more help from the offensive unit to make that come to fruition. 

19 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Oh all they have to do is go a whole game to be within a half a game? They practically have it

Lol... rights? They’re not knocking on the doorstep just yet. I like how this defense has turned things around, but the ‘99 D was probably good enough to win a Super Bowl with. 

Bills might statistically have the best unit in  the NFL after another tremendous game. Came in 6th in the NFL, allowed a season low 216 yards to Texans...

D just seems to keep getting better and better, even with an O who keeps them on the field a lot more than you would like.

If not they have to be top 5. They have been nothing short of tremendous since the 2nd half of the Chargers game...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Bills might statistically have the best unit in  the NFL after another tremendous game. Came in 6th in the NFL, allowed a season low 216 yards to Texans...

D just seems to keep getting better and better, even with an O who keeps them on the field a lot more than you would like.

If not they have to be top 5. They have been nothing short of tremendous since the 2nd half of the Chargers game...

They're playing excellent defense right now. Fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 1