The Bills' D is Starting to Take Form - Now Number Three in DVOA

I would keep Hughes next year...

He is not overly expensive for his abilities, and he will be motivated in a contract year to play well for one last payday.. ( maybe not with Buffalo for 2020 and beyond..)

I have feeling though that there will be another dozen or so "trade Hughes for a 6th" threads over the next 8 months......

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I would keep Hughes next year...

He is not overly expensive for his abilities, and he will be motivated in a contract year to play well for one last payday.. ( maybe not with Buffalo for 2020 and beyond..)

I have feeling though that there will be another dozen or so "trade Hughes for a 6th" threads over the next 8 months......

Our team has been dismantled. The players who remain will be here for a while, Hughes will sign a new deal. 

3 minutes ago, eball said:

This defense started slow for some unknown reason, but the pieces and belief are there.

In my book the D won todays game.

The slow start had a rookie MLB first games, Trent Murphy didn't play in preseason, DL wasn't getting pressures and Vontae was well really bad.

They played great today.

• Like (+1) 1

Star was an animal out there.  Jordan Phillips today is making me wonder if he’s the best DT with the last name Phillips, and I say that acknowledging Harry is legit.  

Hughes and Murphy bring heat off the edge.  Lawson and Eddie made plays.  

Lorax/Edmunds/Milano are everywhere.  Edmunds closing speed on the almost sack was sooo sexy.  

Our secondary has a stud outside corner, stud slot corner and two stud safeties.  

Very excited about this defense moving forward this year, and the next few years, as the core is all young/in their prime.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He only did that for the 2nd half of the Chargers' game. Since then Frazier has called the defense on game days.

True.

Now the question is, did McDermott tell Frazier to use more defensive alignments and play calls that McDermott used?

22 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Johnson, Edmunds, Phillips...these defensive rookies have done some very nice things so far...only gonna get better and better as the year moves on...

...think you have to throw in Lewis and Marlowe as instant contributors, unexpected IMO.....

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They are congealing into a unit that can keep the team in games on a weekly basis.  It's nice to see after the slow start to begin the season. 

Things sure did change after McD and Frazier had a closed door meeting post the Chargers game.I wish I was a fly on the wall for that "conversation".

6 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

THE DEFENSE WAS LEGIT TWO YEARS AGO TOO. wtf does that get you when your offense is dead last every year.... I’m so fed up with how dismal we’ve looked on O

Two years ago? When Rex and Rob were in charge? When we lead the league in rushing attempts and years and actually had a great OL?

*yawn* carry on with your rash teenage posts

• Like (+1) 1