The Walking Dead and the Whisperers

1 hour ago, Bullpen said:

I'm already preparing myself for Hardwick's over-dramatic and breathless promo for Talking Dead next week, when he'll help us "process" what we saw in next week's episode.  I enjoy TWD, but the talking dead is just too much for me.  It's like when the WWF kept trying to push that it was real. There's no stakes in this show or characters that I need therapy after the fact.   

For my money I think someone flies in on a magic carpet, saves Rick and then he lures the herds to the bridge and Rick has to metaphorically and literally take out the bridge to save Alexandria, etc... 

The only thing enjoyable about talking is the Quiz's and the memorials  

oh and calling that drunk from Alexandria a Porch Dick.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

The whole thing feels like a bit of a cop out.  They have to be taking him very far away or else he'd never stop trying to get back to Judith and Michonne.  But anyway, I get that he was on the other side of the bridge, but wouldn't they at least try to recover the body at some point?  Or at least try to spot him from a distance to confirm he's dead and then put him down (assuming a blast wouldn't destroy someone's head)?

And then, of course, the helicopter flies in during broad daylight and no one notices it?  The rest of it was fine, but the helicopter stuff really takes it too far.

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

The whole thing feels like a bit of a cop out.  They have to be taking him very far away or else he'd never stop trying to get back to Judith and Michonne.  But anyway, I get that he was on the other side of the bridge, but wouldn't they at least try to recover the body at some point?  Or at least try to spot him from a distance to confirm he's dead and then put him down (assuming a blast wouldn't destroy someone's head)?

And then, of course, the helicopter flies in during broad daylight and no one notices it?  The rest of it was fine, but the helicopter stuff really takes it too far.

when the main guy says he wants out of the TV series .....  what else you gonna do?  

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

when the main guy says he wants out of the TV series .....  what else you gonna do?  

The plan for multiple movies pretty much shoots that down though.  I stumbled onto an interview online with Gimple after the show last night and they've apparently been planning this for a long time.  They had originally targeted the middle of last season to write him out, but then plans changed.  This whole thing, marketing Rick's last episodes, has been one big elaborate plot that's been in motion for a long time.  I'm actually amazed that they were able to keep those plans quiet until now.  Hindsight's a wonderful thing, but now you can see how heavily they've foreshadowed it for a while now.

I liked the episode.  I thought the time jump was slick even if the "Judith...Judith Grimes" was a little over the top...and needed the James Bond horn music. 

That was also Lauren Cohan's last episode.  I think she will be back because that show she's in on ABC looks like the usual high concept ABC mess (I see you Last Resort) that'll get a single season.  

56 minutes ago, shrader said:

The plan for multiple movies pretty much shoots that down though.  I stumbled onto an interview online with Gimple after the show last night and they've apparently been planning this for a long time.  They had originally targeted the middle of last season to write him out, but then plans changed.  This whole thing, marketing Rick's last episodes, has been one big elaborate plot that's been in motion for a long time.  I'm actually amazed that they were able to keep those plans quiet until now.  Hindsight's a wonderful thing, but now you can see how heavily they've foreshadowed it for a while now.

The way I heard it ......    he wants out of the TV series 

movies and TV series are not the same.  

47 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I liked the episode.  I thought the time jump was slick even if the "Judith...Judith Grimes" was a little over the top...and needed the James Bond horn music. 

That was also Lauren Cohan's last episode.  I think she will be back because that show she's in on ABC looks like the usual high concept ABC mess (I see you Last Resort) that'll get a single season.  

Lil Orphan Annie.   And how did she get Ricks hat to fit her?  

Lauren Cohan's last episode this season.    She may be back in season 10 or beyond.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The way I heard it ......    he wants out of the TV series 

movies and TV series are not the same. 

They spun it as him wanting out, but the truth was that they wrote him out because of the planned spinoff.  They fooled everyone and they deserve a big thumbs up for pulling that off.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I did hear them talking 

the theme is they “evolved”. 

If I were that interested I’d look into it. ?

You did hear someone talking, but the walkers haven’t evolved. It’s a story line from the comic book.

• Like (+1) 1

Having become pretty bored with the show, I'm somewhat encouraged by the last couple of episodes and new direction.  It really was time for Rick to go, and I'd like to see Maggie leave as well.  The movie ideas and a new story line for Rick will be interesting when that rolls around.