The Walking Dead and the Whisperers

2 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Does the comic book end a certain way? Never followed those at all. 

I'm assuming that Rick dies, and Negan does too, but at the hand of Maggie or someone else. 

My co-worker  just said he thinks of of Ricks own will do him in.   

While that may be true, I don't think they would go that far.    Negan escapes, or a Savior holdover goes rogue.  or Negan and Rick kill each other.

All the super badasses from Sanctuary are dead 

23 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

Does the comic book end a certain way? Never followed those at all. 

I'm assuming that Rick dies, and Negan does too, but at the hand of Maggie or someone else. 

The comic book is still ongoing, and the tv show isn’t a direct copy of the comic. For instance, in the comic Carl is still alive, Rick lost a hand and hooked up with Andrea like his does with Michonne on tv, and there never was a Daryl. But it does follow the general history of events, like the Governor and Negan.

My guess is that Rick won’t die but will leave to community, like Morgan did. The creators have said they have a 10 year plan for the series which may include movies, so Rick could return.

On October 8, 2018 at 9:10 AM, shrader said:

Even with how down on this show people are, last night quickly reminded me of why it is still light years ahead of the absolute trainwreck of a season that they just had from Fear.  It's something so simple, but most of what they showed last night was at least visually appealing, especially compared to the constant dark and gray of Fear.  There's no specific threat at this point, but even that is still better than a crazy injured old lady.

Morgan is my favorite character/actor from either show and I think the actors on fear do a great job.  John Dorrie is awesome.  With that said, I agree about this last season.  They changed the entire direction, which I suppose I get, but it felt like the last 3-4 episodes were not enough to do anything real new so they did a small Gillian to wrap things up.  The whole helping people thing means the season ended where it started only with Morgan at the helm instead of Madison.  So they change the whole direction but sonehow ended up where they started.

I'll watch the start of next season but it had better be good.

As for the main show....ok episode I suppose.  They had a time jump but they could at least explain what happened a little.  Maggie's baby is about a year old and yet the issues with Negan/Sanctuary/Gregory picked up exactly where they left off.  Nothing happened?

Jadis / Anne putting the moves on the Rev.    LOL 

Who was that mystery person to close out the show?   

The same person(s) responsible for the other missing / disappearing saviors.  

Nice Log roll BTW. 

Is this really the final season?  another rumored departure 

While the biggest story of the year is certainly Andrew Lincoln’s departure, a sub-story over the past year has been

Lauren Cohan leaving as well. There were rumblings she may not even come back for season 9 at all, early on, but eventually a deal was reached and clearly, she’s here. But she may not be staying long

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

The helicopter must have FLIR equipment.  Can't see anything at night without a spotlight or that.  Interesting.

IMO the "person" at the end of the show has to be ex-Savior (and probably female).  

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

The helicopter must have FLIR equipment.  Can't see anything at night without a spotlight or that.  Interesting.

IMO the "person" at the end of the show has to be ex-Savior (and probably female).  

thought it was a plane with the flashing light but the helicopter fits the story line.  

Never wander drunk and alone into the Zombie Apocalypse 

4 hours ago, dpberr said:

Maybe Dwight?

27 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Good guess.   But would Dwight be addressed like that (after him being called out as a rat) and 1.5 years later?  

Justin said     "Christ, you damn near got yourself killed, what the hell are you--- "  before he got hit/killed?

2 hours ago, Gary M said:

Justin said     "Christ, you damn near got yourself killed, what the hell are you--- "  before he got hit/killed?

I can buy that scenario 

but Daryl did threaten him if he saw him again. 

Justin.

I refer to him as the guy on Balck Sails.  

With that kind of reaction, it has to be a savior.  The problem is, I don't think any of those characters are properly developed at this point to make them worthy of that kind of reveal.  Dwight has his redemption, so it doesn't fit him at all.  Just about the only developed character I could think of being worthy would be Negan somehow sneaking out of his cell each night, but clearly that's not happening.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:48 PM, Gary M said:

Is someone taking out saviors who do not play nice with Rick's crew?  Could the one that wrote we are Negan on the wall of the sanctuary be one of the saviors missing?  Whomever it was, Justin was not threatened at all, so he knew them well.  No clue in other words...