The Walking Dead and the Whisperers

10 hours ago, dpberr said:

Forever...and according to AMC, you're going to sit there and like it.

At least three tv TWD movies with Andrew Lincoln and likely Danai Gurira (focusing on his post-helicopter rescue life)

One more spinoff series in addition to FTWD.   I've seen suggestions it could be built around a military theme (ala The Last Ship) or Abraham (pre meeting Rosita) 

A juicy theory (not a spoiler) going around is that Eugene makes contact with another community and it's Rick that answers the radio, prompting Michonne to go look for him (and transition the actress out of the series.)

I heard that about Gurira leaving the show with the story line of Michonne going to look for Rick.  I think her movie career is taking-off and she wants to focus on that.  So leaving the kids to look for Rick to help in the fight would make it more palatable. 

But eh, they can go anyway they want.  They're no longer bound by the books.

10 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I must have missed something... I th9ught the final scene was the disguised Alpha surprising her daughter in the movie theater?! 

They had the programming messed up.  If you set a DVR it only recorded an hour.  The episode was actually 1 and 20.  

You better search again for a rerun or wait until Sunday and tune in at 7:40 for the whole ep or or 8:40 for the last 20.

10 hours ago, Doc said:

I heard that about Gurira leaving the show with the story line of Michonne going to look for Rick.  I think her movie career is taking-off and she wants to focus on that.  So leaving the kids to look for Rick to help in the fight would make it more palatable

But eh, they can go anyway they want.  They're no longer bound by the books.

“The Walking Dead” is losing another longtime cast member. Variety has confirmed with sources that Danai Gurira, who plays Michonne, is leaving the series. Gurira has signed a new deal to appear in a handful of episodes of Season 10 of the zombie drama, which will be her last on the show

That was from Feb 8th

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

12 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I must have missed something... I th9ught the final scene was the disguised Alpha surprising her daughter in the movie theater?! 

You missed 10 somethings.

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They had the programming messed up.  If you set a DVR it only recorded an hour.  The episode was actually 1 and 20.  

You better search again for a rerun or wait until Sunday and tune in at 7:40 for the whole ep or or 8:40 for the last 20.

“The Walking Dead” is losing another longtime cast member. Variety has confirmed with sources that Danai Gurira, who plays Michonne, is leaving the series. Gurira has signed a new deal to appear in a handful of episodes of Season 10 of the zombie drama, which will be her last on the show

That was from Feb 8th

I’m def not upset by this...once one of my favorite characters....now not so much....I think negan can fill her role if they chose....I want to see more of negan.

So ready for the season finale tonight. Well, let me clarify, I’m ready to see the episode but not ready for the season to be done. This is a damn good season relative to the last two. I never thought I’d say that with so many original characters departing. 

Hopefully we can see more of Negan’s new character arc beginning with this episode. The show has done their job making us feel sorry for him and creating some distance between 10 years ago Negan and Negan-now. I get they had to do that for Negan to be able to acclimate into the community without constantly looking over his shoulder at a lurking Darryl or Carole and also for the audience to accept him as a protagonist. 

But we’re there now and I’m ready to see how he integrates into the new dynamic of characters. 

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

And zero snow.   

They've migrated further south for the winter....they weren't even around for the storm.

7 hours ago, zevo said:

Anyone want to help me understand the last scene with alpha and beta?

She thinks she's gotten soft and needs to "toughen up" a bit...like she tried with her daughter.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, zevo said:

Anyone want to help me understand the last scene with alpha and beta?

I have no clue. 

they definitely were in a location that avoided the blizzard.  

1 hour ago, Nervous Guy said:

They've migrated further south for the winter....they weren't even around for the storm.

She thinks she's gotten soft and needs to "toughen up" a bit...like she tried with her daughter.

that's what I figured ...

next question was .. who was on the radio?    Morgans group in Texas?  Someone closer?  

(not asking for spoilers just tossing thoughts out there) 

3 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

They pretty much have to.  They can't exactly start a big fire outside to keep warm while they're surrounded by that massive walker herd.  It would be kind of funny if they never showed back up ever again because they migrated somewhere completely different after the winter.  That wouldn't make for good tv though.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

next question was .. who was on the radio?    Morgans group in Texas?  Someone closer?  

(not asking for spoilers just tossing thoughts out there) 

It sounded like a female voice to me, but I can't see any way of figuring out who it was.  People will hear what they want to hear though, so it should make for some fun internet theories over the next couple months until they release a trailer for the next season.

31 minutes ago, shrader said:

They pretty much have to.  They can't exactly start a big fire outside to keep warm while they're surrounded by that massive walker herd.  It would be kind of funny if they never showed back up ever again because they migrated somewhere completely different after the winter.  That wouldn't make for good tv though.

------------------------------

It sounded like a female voice to me, but I can't see any way of figuring out who it was.  People will hear what they want to hear though, so it should make for some fun internet theories over the next couple months until they release a trailer for the next season.

another blip..  you can't control thousands over 100s of miles of terrain. And if you live off of the land ... Stay the hell SOUTH!!!  

It sounded female .. but on a radio a bit off frequency ...... a voice does sound weird if you want to add some realism into it   

The popular theory is going to have to be Maggie.  The underwhelming choice would be Alicia from Fear.  They were all over the radio waves for a while, even if it was 6 or so years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

The popular theory is going to have to be Maggie.  The underwhelming choice would be Alicia from Fear.  They were all over the radio waves for a while, even if it was 6 or so years ago.

Whiskey Cavalier is kind of silly but entertaining.    Who knows 

• Haha (+1) 1

On the radio - how about Rick? 

Michonne is going to be leaving the show. Maybe that’s the impetus for her leaving. 

Also, google “Andrew Lincoln feels he left the show too soon.” 

There was a recent article, as described by Reedus, where Lincoln is appearing to say that he wants back on the show. 

I never thought I’d say this a season ago but I like the show trajectory without Rick and Maggie. The Alexandria-Hilltop dynamic/frustration was getting really dry. 

Edited by Juror#8

If you want to know what sex the voice was:

I watch all my shows with closed captioning and it was a female voice on the radio

And the "I'll need to toughen up for what comes next" made me think she's going to try to kill Lydia.  But Beta seemed to be taken aback when she said that she no longer cares for Lydia, so I doubt he'd be on board for that.  IOW, I don't know.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1