26CornerBlitz

Week 6: Texans Game Preparation - Deshaun Watson Set to Start per Aaron Wilson, Adam Schefter, & Ian Rapoport; No Bills on the Injury Report

8.5! That's great if you want to bet on the Bills to beat the spread. It seems they haven't noticed how well our defense is playing. I'm not saying we'll get anywhere near the playoffs, but 8.5 points!!!

Houston Texans 19, Dallas Cowboys 16 (OT)

1. In Sunday night's Texas Tussle between two of the game's most promising young quarterbacks, Deshaun Watson came out on top, making the pivotal throw that Dak Prescott couldn't make to the trusty receiver that Prescott doesn't have. After the Texans and Cowboys couldn't work it out in 60 minutes, the game went to overtime where Dallas received first. The Cowboys picked up two first downs, but when faced with a fourth-and-one from Houston's 42, Jason Garrett opted to punt instead of attempt a short conversion, a super-conservative move that belied his faith in his offense. After the Cowboys punted, Watson connected on a 49-yard catch-and-run by DeAndre Hopkins to get into field-goal range. Ka'imi Fairbairn won the game with his fourth field goal of the night, keeping the Texans (2-3) within striking distance in the AFC South.

Watson and Hopkins were the two fitting saviors for Houston on Sunday night. Battling a rib issue that required multiple trips to the medical tent and lotion application, according to the NBC broadcast, Watson completed 75 percent of his passes and put up his fourth-consecutive 300-yard passing game. His reckless scrambling will eventually catch up to him -- Watson took multiple shots inside the red zone that brought back memories of Carson Wentz diving headfirst into the Coliseum end zone last season -- but the QB's confidence is growing week by week. Hopkins went M.I.A. at certain points against Dallas but showed up when it mattered most, finishing 151 yards and the game-sealing spin-cycle reception.

3. Falcons red-zone woes are so Week 1. The hottest new football trend is Texans tumult inside the 5-yard line. Houston made it inside the 5 on five occasions on Sunday night, but came away with just 16 points -- one TD, three FGs and a turnover on downs. The Texans were undone on the goal line thanks to a mix of poor play-calling on Bill O'Brien's part and risky decision-making by Watson. The QB was lined up under center on just one of nine snaps inside the five. Even worse, Watson was asked to, either by design or circumstance, scramble for the goal line and surrender his frame to punishment by the likes of Smith and Tyrone Crawford. That type of scheming verges on coaching malpractice, especially considering Watson's very recent injury history.
-- Jeremy Bergman

They don’t have much of a running game so they are going to have to deal with the full force of our pass rush. I think we will force 3 turnovers again this week.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I don't see how the Bills can move the ball on the Texans. I want to win but I just can't see how it can be done.

quick throws is the only hope.  

13 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

When their offense looks like it belongs on an NFL field post 1975.

I think that’s being generous. This offense is right out of the 1950’s, the “3 yards and a cloud of dust” era, except it’s now a cloud of little rubber beads.

Posted (edited)

Since Lofton will be there anyway, could he just play? 

I mean WR situation is just sooooo rough

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Since Lofton will be there anyway, could he just play? 

I mean WR situation is just sooooo rough

Sure. Let's make sure he's James Lofton circa 1990. 

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sure. Let's make sure he's James Lofton circa 1990. 

That would be nice, but I bet 2018 Lofton runs a better go than all but 2 guys on the roster. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, MDH said:

I think that’s being generous. This offense is right out of the 1950’s, the “3 yards and a cloud of dust” era, except it’s now a cloud of little rubber beads.

As long as it works

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peters was a tight end at Arkansas.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Peters was a tight end at Arkansas.

Yep. He started with the Bills as the same.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SCBills said:

Bring relentless pressure on Watson and hope Tre’davious White goes “Island” status on Hopkins.  

I am looking forward to that battle. Some of the catches Hopkins made last night were fantastic. I feel bad for Allen who could use a Hopkins type of receiver

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like 1

Jerry Hughes is going home this weekend. 

Posted (edited)

If that pass rush can keep hitting Watson, I don’t think he makes it through the full 60 minutes... Back to back overtime games, in and out of the blue tent all last night, it’s really only a matter of time before he is sidelined.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not wishing injury on any body... but hit him early and often, and maybe they get to play against Brandon Weeden instead.

Edited by ThunderGun

18 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Keep playing good defense. 25+ touches for Shady, 10+ for Ivory and less then 15 passes for Allen and we have a shot.

This was the Jags formula last year.  Good defense and only throw it 15x's a game

18 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

When on earth are the Bills going to get some respect from Vegas? Not that I care really, but it surprises me that their wins haven’t gotten them any after being dogs each time 

Vegas is not swayed by singular victories, nor should they be.

Recency bias (basing bets on the most recent game) is the biggest mistake a bettor can make. 

The majority of teams in the NFL are bipolar.

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't think it's fair that Houston gets to have a reporter named John McClain.