Week 6: Texans Game Preparation - Deshaun Watson Set to Start per Aaron Wilson, Adam Schefter, & Ian Rapoport; No Bills on the Injury Report

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Scouting Report Week 6 - Bills vs. Texans

kfh58cllp3afvckph5xt.jpg

Top 3 Individual Matchups
1 – Jerry Hughes vs. Julie’n Davenport
2 - Jordan Mills vs. J.J. Watt
3 – Tre’Davious White vs. DeAndre Hopkins

Top 2 Bills Advantages
Good advantage – 3 & outs
Best advantage – Takeaway ability

Bills Number 1 Must
Get to Watson

Scouting Eye
Watson nicked up
Airing it out
Pass pro issues
Red zone stallings
Banged up secondary

Reposted from earlier today:

NFL Week 6 game picks: Patriots over Chiefs; Cowboys top Jags

1 p.m. ET (CBS) | NRG Stadium (Houston)

Could the pesky Bills make it two wins in a row? Why not? They aren't much more lowly than the Texans, who eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeked their way to two straight overtime victories. Let's say this: If Sean McDermott has a fourth down on his side of the field in OT, he probably won't go for it. However, if he faces a fourth-and-1 when he's nearly in field-goal range in overtime, he's not gonna punt and then stand there and clap. Nope, Chris Ivory will be chugging it up in there. Which might be the question here: Will Houston have enough oomph after playing 10 quarters in two weeks? They had better. Trusting Deshaun Watson to play even better this week. Quarterback is the decisive advantage for Houston in this game.

First Glance: Texans vs. Bills

zwmvlao1nrgwndjm7bwq.jpg

The Texans (2-3) square off with the Bills (2-3) in Week 5. Here are five things to watch when Houston and Buffalo kick off at noon CT inside NRG Stadium.

1) 4, sure?: Quarterback Deshaun Watson was a limited participant in practice this week, after taking a fair share of punishment Sunday night in the win over the Cowboys. He was sacked once, hit a total of 10 times in the pocket, and hit 10 more times when he ran with the ball. Nevertheless, in a Wednesday press conference he was optimistic about his chances for suiting up versus Buffalo saying he “for sure” would play.

“I feel good,” Watson said. “I feel great. We got the W. Able to celebrate with my teammates and my family. Another day in the office just recovering from the game and get ready for Buffalo.”

Head coach Bill O’Brien echoed that optimism, and explained what the offensive line, coaching staff, and Watson himself must do to limit his exposure to hits in the future.

“Some of it is coaching, some of it’s some decisions,” O’Brien. “Sometimes the ball can come out a little bit quicker, sometimes the play can be better, but we’re all working hard to improve every area of the offense.”

2) Get better in red zone:
3) Just Joshin’-
4) Real McCoy:
5) Super safeties:

xcvbpp72ao2fodnqfaez.jpg

A Week 6 matchup on between the Texans (2-3) and Bills (2-3) is slated for NRG Stadium on Sunday at noon CT. Bills' head coach Sean McDermott, defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and a few players shared their thoughts on the Texans, as you can see below.

Bills head coach Sean McDermott on QB Deshaun Watson: “He’s a headache. We went through the process with him a couple years back and really enjoyed, first and foremost, meeting him and the young man that he was back then at least. Handled himself with class, and I have a lot of respect for him on the field as well. The way he plays, he makes plays with his arm, he makes plays with his feet. I’ve got a lot of respect for him.”

McDermott on WR DeAndre Hopkins: “I didn’t sleep much that night because of watching that run. He’s a great player. It’s been fun to watch him develop over the years and I’ve got a lot of respect for him, like I said.”

z8denrgtgtc9wnyjey2z.jpg

Whether he is making plays on the field or making fans laugh on his weekly KJack TV segment, Kareem Jackson is having fun this year and it shows.

“He’s had a good season for us,” head coach Bill O’Brien said. “He’s a versatile guy, a great teammate. You can see that – I know when you guys are in the locker room, he’s just a good, real personable guy and he can do a lot of different things. Very smart player, good tackler, good ball skills, can cover, can play outside corner, can play inside, can play safety. He’s just a versatile guy that has really helped us a lot this year.”
Edited by 26CornerBlitz