Week 6: Texans Game Preparation - Deshaun Watson Set to Start per Aaron Wilson, Adam Schefter, & Ian Rapoport; No Bills on the Injury Report

From the Athletic: Aaron Reiss

Deshaun Watson’s 'fight my ass off' Mentality is a Risky Proposition for the Texans

Deshaun-Watson-4-1024x730.jpg

Facing second and goal, about 10 yards from the Dallas end zone, Deshaun Watson surveyed the field, found no open receiver and broke the pocket. He escaped for the left pylon and a chance at a score midway through the second quarter.

He is returning from an ACL tear, and he could have gained a few yards before stepping out of bounds. Instead, he saw three Cowboys closing in on him and kept sprinting toward the end zone. The trio of Dallas defenders seemed to all collide with him at once, knocking the quarterback out of bounds and onto his butt.

“Dallas was very physical, and Deshaun is very physical,” coach Bill O’Brien said. “But obviously those are plays we want to cut down on, and we’re going to work hard to do that moving forward because we know that’s not a sustainable way to play.”

FlamboyantPessimisticAsiaticmouflon-size

BMW Telestrator: Texans defense bringing pressure (2:06)

Head coach Bill O'Brien joins John Harris to show how the Texans defensive front seven brought pressure vs. Dallas in this episode of the BMW Telestrator.

BMW Telestrator: Keke Coutee (2:06)

Head coach Bill O'Brien joins John Harris to show how Deshaun Watson found Keke Coutee for a big gain in this episode of the BMW Telestrator.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. No I meant 1990 his 1st season as a Bill. 

I’m kidding. I mistakenly corrected someone else’s circa/post in this thread. So I’m making fun of myself.

...it amuses me. ?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Don't the Texans only have 1 win, with Watt and Watson back?

That spread seems crazy. Bills defence plays the way it has and the Bills have a chance to wind the game, or atleast easy cover that spread

No.  They are 2-3 just like the Bills. 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:57 PM, apuszczalowski said:

Don't the Texans only have 1 win, with Watt and Watson back?

That spread seems crazy. Bills defence plays the way it has and the Bills have a chance to wind the game, or atleast easy cover that spread

Bills literally have CLOSE TO zero offense, even at home. Thus the line. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No.  They are 2-3 just like the Bills. 

Missed the end of that game last night and never checked the score this morning

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Bills literally have zero offense, even at home. Thus the line. 

The Texans haven't really been a better team though, not enough for a TD favorite.

They beat the Colts and Cowboys, and lost to the Pats, Titans, and Giants

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Missed the end of that game last night and never checked the score this morning

The Texans haven't really been a better team though, not enough for a TD favorite.

They beat the Colts and Cowboys, and lost to the Pats, Titans, and Giants

Seems like a pretty generous spread to me also. 

13 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

if white can slow Hopkins, one would think we put an end to this. 

It would help tremendously, but don't sleep on Fuller or Coutee. Watson's ability to run is equally dangerous, although, I suspect if the Bills have to choose, it will be to keep tabs on the receivers, try to slow the run game and make Watson run to win. 

Darnold Creating Buzz, More Week 5 News & Notes

7. Deshaun Watson is still taking too many hits, and it’s obvious the offensive line won’t be truly fixed in Houston without some reinforcements, but give the Texans staff credit for managing the problem on the fly over the last few weeks. Putting Julien Davenport back at left tackle helped, as did the emergence of Kendall Lamm, who’s now starting at right tackle. And the staff has done its part with chips and doubles, and calls to get the ball out quick. It’s not perfect, of course, but it’s better than it was, which is why they’re getting more from Watson and their playmakers.