Week 6: Texans Game Preparation - Deshaun Watson Set to Start per Aaron Wilson, Adam Schefter, & Ian Rapoport; No Bills on the Injury Report

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

I don't see how the Bills can move the ball on the Texans. I want to win but I just can't see how it can be done.

They probably wont be able to move the ball..

They can win like they have in the other two games...turnovers, and short fields...

Cant give up more than 16 points and win though I think...

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 6: Texans Game Preparation - Line Opens with Bills as 8.5 Point Dogs; Catalon and Lofton Calling the Game on CBS
9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

When on earth are the Bills going to get some respect from Vegas? Not that I care really, but it surprises me that their wins haven’t gotten them any after being dogs each time 

It's more about respect from the public as Vegas's goal in most instances is to get 50/50 action.  It's more about predicting public perception rather than what they think an accurate line would be.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This game IMO is going to send the season in either direction. Go down there and handle business, get back to .500 with the hardest part of the schedule behind you...and this could get fun. Lose and it’s probably curtains.

I remember some discussion during training camp that the Bills would be lucky to be 2-6 after the first 8 so they're already in better shape than most expected...win next week and suddenly you're going to Indy to get above .500 with the Pats*** coming to town on Monday night.  Could get pretty interesting -- neither Houston nor Indy are world beaters and the defense is rounding into form.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's more about respect from the public as Vegas's goal in most instances is to get 50/50 action.  It's more about predicting public perception rather than what they think an accurate line would be.

Thanks for clarifying that--don't gamble so uncharted territory for me 

• Like (+1) 1

Given how the Bills have played on the road overall since McD took over, I understand this line. Add in Allen being a Rookie in his fifth game to start and an absolutely abusive Defensive line, and I think it makes sense. If there's any help at all, it's that Houston went OT against Texas rival on Sunday night with just a hint of less rest and focus. Next week they play the Jags - Divisional game on the road - maybe the Bills catch them napping. But, it's a fair line until the Bills can go in a knock the snot of their opponent on the road - consistently. Vikes was an awesome game, it was incredible and I loved every minute, but the Bills need to do it consistently before Vegas or anyone else takes them seriously. 

Maybe not this year, but I believe they will in the years to come when Beane gets the players they want and McD and can build the team he wants.

• Like (+1) 1

Houston Texans 19, Dallas Cowboys 16 (OT)

1. In Sunday night's Texas Tussle between two of the game's most promising young quarterbacks, Deshaun Watson came out on top, making the pivotal throw that Dak Prescott couldn't make to the trusty receiver that Prescott doesn't have. After the Texans and Cowboys couldn't work it out in 60 minutes, the game went to overtime where Dallas received first. The Cowboys picked up two first downs, but when faced with a fourth-and-one from Houston's 42, Jason Garrett opted to punt instead of attempt a short conversion, a super-conservative move that belied his faith in his offense. After the Cowboys punted, Watson connected on a 49-yard catch-and-run by DeAndre Hopkins to get into field-goal range. Ka'imi Fairbairn won the game with his fourth field goal of the night, keeping the Texans (2-3) within striking distance in the AFC South.

Watson and Hopkins were the two fitting saviors for Houston on Sunday night. Battling a rib issue that required multiple trips to the medical tent and lotion application, according to the NBC broadcast, Watson completed 75 percent of his passes and put up his fourth-consecutive 300-yard passing game. His reckless scrambling will eventually catch up to him -- Watson took multiple shots inside the red zone that brought back memories of Carson Wentz diving headfirst into the Coliseum end zone last season -- but the QB's confidence is growing week by week. Hopkins went M.I.A. at certain points against Dallas but showed up when it mattered most, finishing 151 yards and the game-sealing spin-cycle reception.

3. Falcons red-zone woes are so Week 1. The hottest new football trend is Texans tumult inside the 5-yard line. Houston made it inside the 5 on five occasions on Sunday night, but came away with just 16 points -- one TD, three FGs and a turnover on downs. The Texans were undone on the goal line thanks to a mix of poor play-calling on Bill O'Brien's part and risky decision-making by Watson. The QB was lined up under center on just one of nine snaps inside the five. Even worse, Watson was asked to, either by design or circumstance, scramble for the goal line and surrender his frame to punishment by the likes of Smith and Tyrone Crawford. That type of scheming verges on coaching malpractice, especially considering Watson's very recent injury history.
-- Jeremy Bergman

13 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

When their offense looks like it belongs on an NFL field post 1975.

I think that’s being generous. This offense is right out of the 1950’s, the “3 yards and a cloud of dust” era, except it’s now a cloud of little rubber beads.