#Receipts on the Chris Ivory signing

YoloinOhio

57 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Pretty impressive. Love the way Ivory runs. Always have. I thought it was a great signing right off the bat. 

Yep he brings a true physical presence to the running game. 

His 2.8 ypc average is impressively pathetic............but the impact of pounding on a DL with a big back is something the Bills have lacked in the past couple years.

He's the anti-Shady......low yardage but high physical impact and good pass pro....... so they complement each other well.

What I'd like to see is more Shady in the slot and Ivory in the backfield.

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His 2.8 ypc average is impressively pathetic............but the impact of pounding on a DL with a big back is something the Bills have lacked in the past couple years.

He's the anti-Shady......low yardage but high physical impact and good pass pro....... so they complement each other well.

Hes the type of guy that even if not stellar, fans will love.

im not sure if yolo would’ve chalked me up as a hater or not... I would’ve preferred a young back under the assumption this is shadys final year. Additionally, if he sprains an ankle I do not think ivory can be a workhorse for 4-6 weeks. But in a limited rotational role, I’ve always loved watching the dude run.

• Like (+1) 1

Good player who runs hard.  But only in Buffalo, whose nfl team is suck in the 60s, is a backup rb such a big deal.  I like the player but no smart team is paying $3 million for a 30 year old back up running back.

one day we will have a modern offense and not have 100 page thread about losing a back up running back (Mike G, it actually happened here!).

17 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good player who runs hard.  But only in Buffalo, whose nfl team is suck in the 60s, is a backup rb such a big deal.  I like the player but no smart team is paying $3 million for a 30 year old back up running back.

one day we will have a modern offense and not have 100 page thread about losing a back up running back (Mike G, it actually happened here!).

If he keeps playing like this, I’ll gladly pay him $3 mil for a 31 year old RB next year. 

I’ve always loved him.  Loved the signing.  That’s being said....he runs even harder than  I ever remember.  Dude is bringing the pain and is a perfect complement to shady and a solid asset for any team

I hated the Ivory signing. Figured he was Mike Tolbert 2.0. 

I was 100% wrong. Dude is just nasty with it. Best need a yard, get a yard guy we've had in a LONG time. 

That type of attitude is contagious and far more important to football character than what someone does on Friday night.

20 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

YPC is a worthless stat for a guy who gets all kinds of 3rd and 4th and 1-2, as well as goalline carries, but not a full load of normal carries.

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

YPC is a worthless stat for a guy who gets all kinds of 3rd and 4th and 1-2, as well as goalline carries, but not a full load of normal carries.

That's what was so amazing about what Gillislee did in Roman's offense.........lead the league in YPC and was also the most effective short yardage and goal-line back in the league.

I have always liked Ivory but man have our standards for run game efficiency fallen off a cliff under McD.

Not keeping that Roman/Lynn offense was one of many mistakes by McD.

5 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

If he could just ………...CUT HIS DAMN HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't like that he was laughing about it.  Literally cost the team a 1st down there.  He better cut it.   Prob laughing because he never thought it would happen.  Now it did.  Time to cut it.