Bills 13 Titans 12 Postgame Thread

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Who plays for a 45 yard FG in the closing minute when down by two points? There was plenty of time and opportunity to get the ball at least 10 yards closer.  McClappy and Daboll would be getting killed here, if Hauschka had missed that kick. 

The passing offense was a joke.  I think at some point in the early 4th quarter it totaled 50 yards. 

I actually believe that a 45 yard kick for Hauschka is the same as a 35 yarder. Just as easy and would miss just as many, which is very few. The kickers these days are so good 45 is routine. 50+ is trickier but he is deadly. Kickers miss as many or more extra points at 33 than they do 43 yarders. At one point last year I saw that the top ten kickers had missed way more extra points, like ten total, than FGs of under 45 yards. Something like that. 

32 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I actually believe that a 45 yard kick for Hauschka is the same as a 35 yarder. Just as easy and would miss just as many, which is very few. The kickers these days are so good 45 is routine. 50+ is trickier but he is deadly. Kickers miss as many or more extra points at 33 than they do 43 yarders. At one point last year I saw that the top ten kickers had missed way more extra points, like ten total, than FGs of under 45 yards. Something like that. 

It's all speculation on my part, but I'd have bet a lot that they would have been criticized for not trying to get closer, if Hauschka had missed that kick by a foot or two.

Just now, LabattBlue said:

It's all speculation on my part, but I'd have bet a lot that they would have been criticized for not trying to get closer, if Hauschka had missed that kick by a foot or two.

You're right, there may have been a ton of criticism. Unwarranted, but a lot. :D

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You're right, there may have been a ton of criticism. Unwarranted, but a lot. :D

It's the Carolina way. 

Graham Gano ties NFL record with 63-yard game-winning FG

23 hours ago, mannc said:

Good example of why most playoff teams have + kickers.  Most underrated position in football.

YOU GOTTA HAVE A GOOD KICKER IF YOU WANNA WIN.

Look at what Bill Bellyache has had during his run.  Same can be said for Tom Landry and other great HCs.