Bills 13 Titans 12 Postgame Thread

While I'm certainly happy we won, let's not kid ourselves, shall we?  The defense isn't going to play lights out every week, no way.  We need to get this offense figured out, and figured out goodo..  Can we get Allen some !@#$ing weapons please??  If that's not the plan, what is it; winning 6, maybe 7 games and mid-round pick?  If coach thinks that Allen can be better with quality players around him, then Bean go out and do it.  Ditch Benjamin, sign Dez, do something because the offensive product isn't cutting it.

I dunno, just pissed because with even a remotely average offense, we put up 30 today..

This team needs a ton of work if they plan to move forward!

Go Bills!

Tim-

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/7/2018 at 6:39 PM, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Oh snap, you're right. I guess first play om offense wasn't the time for it, since no one was fooled.

Are you kidding me with this? Your original post was 100% wrong and I laughed because it's clear you weren't aware the Bills were doing EXACTLY what you said they should do in the situation. Please, spare us your guesses on what the Bills should do in certain situations.

You have a raw, rookie QB who just led your team on a 4 minute, game winning drive and people have a problem with this?? Holy crap. All off season people said "We need to run Shady, play good D, protect the QB and win close games". We did EXACTLY THAT and people are coming out of the woodwork to complain. Allen's accuracy was awful today, but he got the job done. Yes, he's the QB and gets some credit even though Shady and Ivory were the bulk of that last drive. I saw a much better O-line, a more aware QB who threw the ball away instead of taking sacks, didn't turn his back to the line and run around like an idiot, made a few good passes in the 4th after an inaccurate few quarters, and most importantly - never looked rattled. This  kid is a gamer Get off his case and let him develop for a season maybe JUST MAYBE we might have a QB we can build around. Enjoy the win.

RTB

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I disagree. Daboll has been a disappointment. I think you're giving him credit for a few good play calls in the midst of a whole bunch of predictable play calls. I wish he would get better.

Exactly, zero screens today, zero wheel routes I think, all safe easy throws to get your QB into the game..  I don't understand the offensive concept of the Bills..  Being able to run the balls obviously helps a lot as we saw today, but we can't count on that every week!  teams are going to, if not already start to force Josh to win the game, and right now he simply doesn't have the weapons to do that..

Tim-

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That entire drive was a bizarre sequence of mistakes and miscommunication by the offense.  Why no challenge on Shady’s run and then take a TO anyway.  Why did Allen dive on 1st down?  Weird stuff all around.  Glad it didn’t come back to bite them.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Exactly, zero screens today, zero wheel routes I think, all safe easy throws to get your QB into the game..  I don't understand the offensive concept of the Bills..  Being able to run the balls obviously helps a lot as we saw today, but we can't count on that every week!  teams are going to, if not already start to force Josh to win the game, and right now he simply doesn't have the weapons to do that..

Tim-

They tried a screen to Shady that got blown up and Josh threw it in the dirt. They threw a WR screen in the last drive that was a critical play and first down, that pretty much won the game. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

Allen was just sacked 18 times in the first 4 games which dictates a more conservative approach IMO.  As a rookie starter Allen is 2 -2 defeating 2 playoff caliber football teams. Learning and winning.

Daboll deserved a game ball today for giving Allen the perfect play calling/game plan after getting his butt kicked last week in my opinion.

Most of TBD has already branded Daboll as the "demon spawn" who is responsible for all the Bills offensive woes.

The board called for ground chuck and he served up hamburgers all day and still is being criticized.

I expect it to continue all year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Are you kidding me with this? Your original post was 100% wrong and I laughed because it's clear you weren't aware the Bills were doing EXACTLY what you said they should do in the situation. Please, spare us your guesses on what the Bills should do in certain situations.

This place is getting near unbearable. You have a raw, rookie QB who just led your team on a 4 minute, game winning drive and people have a problem with this?? Holy crap. Friggin loserville. All off season people said "We need to run Shady, play good D, protect the QB and win close games". We did EXACTLY THAT and the asshats are coming out of the woodwork to complain. Allen's accuracy was awful today, but he got the job done. Yes, he's the QB and gets some credit even though Shady and Ivory were the bulk of that last drive. I saw a much better O-line, a more aware QB who threw the ball away instead of taking sacks, didn't turn his back to the line and run around like an idiot, made a few good passes in the 4th after an inaccurate few quarters, and most importantly - never looked rattled. This  kid is a gamer and if you miserable asshats would get off his case and let him develop for a season maybe JUST MAYBE we might have a QB we can build around. STFU and enjoy the win.

RTB

Geez! Way to lump a hundred posts into one rambling rant against mine...take a step back killer.

My point was that they could have done a better job of catching a reeling team off-guard "in the moment". Yeah, they ran a flea flicker after a turnover; technically exactly what I said they should do. BUT it was the Bills' very first offensive play...it didn't fool anyone, so perhaps the timing of the play call was wrong. That was the point I was trying to make. 

Why don't you check my posts, and tell me again how "miserable" I am. 

And in case you arent aware of what a message board is for: it's ok to "enjoy the win", AND criticize things that warrant criticism. It's called discussion, an accepted act in a democracy. Oh, and I'll do what I want when it comes to my fandom and interaction here...also an accepted act in a democracy.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GG said:

That entire drive was a bizarre sequence of mistakes and miscommunication by the offense.  Why no challenge on Shady’s run and then take a TO anyway.  Why did Allen dive on 1st down?  Weird stuff all around.  Glad it didn’t come back to bite them.

I thought maybe they anticipated a challenge and ran the sneak

• Like (+1) 1