Bills 13 Titans 12 Postgame Thread

This is absolutely a positive performance from the rookie QB.

Looked shaky at times, but I’ll take it as it’s against a very good defense and he never lost his head and made big plays at key moments.

Needed to drive down the field late in the 4th for a FG to win.  Check.  Win.

Most important to me (admittedly unscientific) is that he just seems like a winner.  His teammates are all in.  I just hope he stays healthy—he will continue to improve.

• Like (+1) 7

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Allen had a tough game but he started to come on in the 4th quarter. A boneheaded Holmes drop killed a very nice looking drive.

Really sick of the bitc*ing about Allen in this game.   He has NO receivers.  He showed he has already learned a TON about game management with several critical decisions to throw the ball away or take short gains.  And he WON.  Andre Holmes should be cut for his lackadaisical "attempt" to catch a perfectly thrown ball.

This is a young QB who needs to play and learn, and he is showing signs of all of that week by week.

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That'd be me.

and yet again, I was right.

If it's only twice, I’m not sure if that counts as “yet again”. Just sayin’.

I’m not keeping track, or anything.....   ?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Casey D said:

No kidding.  In Washington, a kid like Allen driving the team to a last minute win and he would be hailed as a future hall of famer.  On this board, many have decided he is a bust. It's absurd.  4 games.

I'm with you.  4 games...and he's 2-2 as a starter with one a road win.  The horror.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Really sick of the bitc*ing about Allen in this game.   He has NO receivers.  He showed he has already learned a TON about game management with several critical decisions to throw the ball away or take short gains.  And he WON.  Andre Holmes should be cut for his lackadaisical "attempt" to catch a perfectly thrown ball.

This is a young QB who needs to play and learn, and he is showing signs of all of that week by week.

Holmes cost more to cut than to keep, but the only reason he's still here is ST most likely.

2 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Totally agree with the point being made, but IMO, the timing of that was wrong. 

At some point in time, the Bills need to take a shot immediately after a turnover. Keeping the defense is honest, but taki g a deep shot right after a turnover, while the opponent is reeling, typically yields an increased chance for success on the play. Considering the fact that Allen is young and raw, Daboll should take advantage when given the best opportunity. The flea flicker to start the game, for example, would probably have been a much better call after one of those turnovers. Jmo

Lol, the flea-flicker WAS right after a turnover.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

That's the point. Get high picks, refill talent and rings will come

This is a pipe dream.   Teams rarely even get to the Super Bowl without being regular playoff contenders for several seasons before they can even challenge for the Super Bowl, so they aren't going to get high draft picks unless they trade up like Philly did for Wentz in 2016 which means they either give up current talent or future talent to do so.  More importantly, simply collecting high draft picks doesn't guarantee on field success as the Browns have demonstrated for the last decade.

FTR, in the 18 Super Bowls in this century (2000-2017 seasons), 4 teams have accounted for 11 of the SBs: NE (5), Baltimore (2), Giants (2), and Pitt (2) while perennial playoff contenders Eagles, Broncos, Seahawks, Colts, Saints, and Packers all won 1 each.  Tampa Bay was a playoff team for a number of seasons before winning the SB, but hasn't been back since, and hasn't really been a regular playoff contender since. 

Like the SB winners, the  6 other teams -- Falcons, Panthers, 49ers, Bears, Raiders, and Rams -- played in the Super Bowl since 2001 without winning a ring were all regular playoff contenders when they got their SB shots.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/10/07/titans-vs-bills-mariota-vrabel-rexrode-nfl-buffalo-bills-mafia/1536147002/

"In the end, Vrabel and the Titans could only watch as Hauschka’s game winner split the uprights as the clock expired. Bills fans, who packed the place despite cheering for a team that will do well to reach six wins this season, roared in approval."

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/10/07/titans-vs-bills-mariota-vrabel-rexrode-nfl-buffalo-bills-mafia/1536147002/

"In the end, Vrabel and the Titans could only watch as Hauschka’s game winner split the uprights as the clock expired. Bills fans, who packed the place despite cheering for a team that will do well to reach six wins this season, roared in approval."

Love the backhanded compliment from a guy whose team WE JUST BEAT.

• Like (+1) 1