Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

Daniel Jeremiah's Top 25 Rookies: Neither Edmunds nor Allen Make the List

Im not laughing at Rosen or Darnold.....I think this QB draft is going to yield as many as 4 legit starters

I would feel pretty good this year about getting to face what everyone knows is a raw rookie QB in his first year......but as a realistic football fan I would be worried about what this kid is going to look like in future years when he has pass catcher's that will actually fight for, catch, and make plays with a ball (beyond Shady we have none of that)

I would worry about the jets getting smart and spending an offseason of ramping up a offensive line that really only has 1 true starter in Dawkins.

i would worry that the jets have 10 draft pick and 90 million cap space.......a HC that turns chicken dinner out of chicken ****......and a top 10 DVOA defense giving Allen try after try to score points with that cannon attached to his shoulder.

That is the honest truth

• Like 1

Damned good pick by the Browns and look at our boy Taron Johnson!

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Im not laughing at Rosen or Darnold.....I think this QB draft is going to yield as many as 4 legit starters

I would feel pretty good this year about getting to face what everyone knows is a raw rookie QB in his first year......but as a realistic football fan I would be worried about what this kid is going to look like in future years when he has pass catcher's that will actually fight for, catch, and make plays with a ball (beyond Shady we have none of that)

I would worry about the jets getting smart and spending an offseason of ramping up a offensive line that really only has 1 true starter in Dawkins.

i would worry that the jets have 10 draft pick and 90 million cap space.......a HC that turns chicken dinner out of chicken ****......and a top 10 DVOA defense giving Allen try after try to score points with that cannon attached to his shoulder.

That is the honest truth

Fair.  And I’m honest and wanted the Jets to draft Allen.  He looks exactly like I thought he would.  Awesome physical skills though.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Damned good pick by the Browns and look at our boy Taron Johnson!

This guy is a genius!!!

43 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or they know he’s a respectable analyst and don’t have a temper tantrum or name call because they didn’t praise a Bills player.  This is like hockey dads are created.  

If Allen was on the Jets, we would be laughing at him and his 82 yard game.

Yeah, or that....

On 10/6/2018 at 4:18 PM, Augie said:

I tend to like DJ, but this doesn’t bother me in the least after just 4 games. A rookie QB and a MLB who just turned 20. Whatever. In a decade, I’ll feel differently. Hoping that looks better down the road. 

Exactly - half these guys may not even be on any lists in a year or two - not all top draft picks bust in their first years, and some just peter out into perpetual mediocrity or average play. 

What I'm more concerned about is how he is progressing within the system he was drafted to play within, and how he is executing those roles. So far his growth has been as expected for a 20 yo MLB. He's been heading in the right direction, and let's hope it continues.

On 10/6/2018 at 7:18 PM, Augie said:

I tend to like DJ, but this doesn’t bother me in the least after just 4 games. A rookie QB and a MLB who just turned 20. Whatever. In a decade, I’ll feel differently. Hoping that looks better down the road. 

You are astute and perspicacious. :)

In general, their picks in both drafts have been reasonable. The worst value pick so far might be the second round Zay Jones pick. I'm not giving up on him but he has not been impressive especially compared to some of the other second round receiver picks that other teams have made. I still believe he is salvageable to the point of being respectable. 

• Like 1