Daniel Jeremiah's Top 25 Rookies: Edmunds & Allen Make the List at 19 and 24

The team has been blown out in 3 of the 4 games with very little statistics to back on  a "growth".  So it would only be expected that  "Non-Bills" NFL evaluators are not going to put them on a high pedestal.

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I would worry more if one of them WAS on the list because this guy is a idiot

John, I think you seem like a great dude.  But calling people idiots because they don’t praise the Bills is a bad look for you.  IMO, DJ is one of the best in the business and very far from being an idiot.

• Like (+1) 3

On 10/7/2018 at 6:54 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

John, I think you seem like a great dude.  But calling people idiots because they don’t praise the Bills is a bad look for you.  IMO, DJ is one of the best in the business and very far from being an idiot.

It has been a rough month or two for him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, John from Riverside said:

Rather then go through all that I will just say it’s too soon To even make a evaluation on rookies

So you pretty much know nothing about the guy and copping out?

On 10/6/2018 at 11:09 PM, John from Riverside said:

I dont feel passionate about it enough to argue it with you.....you win

But you felt passionate enough to say that some guy is wrong a lot who does this for a living?

Then when someone asks you to prove what you're talking about, you go into that routine. 

22 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So you pretty much know nothing about the guy and copping out?

But you felt passionate enough to say that some guy is wrong a lot who does this for a living?

Then when someone asks you to prove what you're talking about, you go into that routine. 

That is pretty funny you must have me mixed up with someone else because I have NEVER just conceded a point on this board that was probably the first time ever and mostly because I have respect for the poster I was talking to

you however would not know that because I have zero respect for you so there is that

It’s nothing to get worked up over, but the absence of TE here is questionable. Van der Esch makes it despite barely playing until the fourth game of the year. He’s barely generated any noteworthy plays and his snap count has to be way lower than TE (admittedly haven’t checked). I think as a Panthers fan looking at this list that there are a few guys who are still living a bit off their glowing scout reports done by the likes of the very same DJ. I mean in truth he’s gonna have his bias which he will need to shake. There’s also the obvious shoutouts to big market and high picks. It’s sports media.

I like Allen. I said it predraft and I haven’t changed my mind. I think just like the Bills he will prove people wrong. In years to come everyone will pretend that they saw something in JA rather than admitting their doubt. It’s just the way things go. It’s just hard to project with that car crash oline and KB (sorry about that). Keep the faith lads.

Here’s a better list:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/284076/baker-mayfield-debuts-in-top-10-rookie-rankings

Edited by Seoul_panther
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That is pretty funny you must have me mixed up with someone else because I have NEVER just conceded a point on this board that was probably the first time ever and mostly because I have respect for the poster I was talking to

you however would not know that because I have zero respect for you so there is that

I'd think less of myself if you respected me.

Lol at your respect.

I like DJ a lot, probably one of my favorite talent evaluators. He is fair and honest, willing to admit when he's wrong, and very rarely gets a hobby horse player that he gets stuck on. Bucky Brooks, who shares a Pod with DJ, is more annoying. 

That being said- I don't mind them not being on there. Argument could be made that Johnson is our best rookie at this point. I do question how Darnold warrants a spot, and Allen doesn't. But I'm not going to lose sleep on it. 

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I like DJ a lot, probably one of my favorite talent evaluators. He is fair and honest, willing to admit when he's wrong, and very rarely gets a hobby horse player that he gets stuck on. Bucky Brooks, who shares a Pod with DJ, is more annoying. 

That being said- I don't mind them not being on there. Argument could be made that Johnson is our best rookie at this point. I do question how Darnold warrants a spot, and Allen doesn't. But I'm not going to lose sleep on it. 

I hope Allen turns out better, and I know darnold has thrown some had interceptions. But his stats are better, he's moved the ball more, he just looks better.