Daniel Jeremiah's Top 25 Rookies: Edmunds & Allen Make the List at 19 and 24

2018 NFL rookie rankings: Darius Leonard on top at quarter mark

With the 2018 regular season at the quarter mark, former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah has reviewed his notes from the first four weeks to rank the top 25 rookies in the league today.

Heading into Week 5, it's time to update my rookie rankings. This list will continue to change throughout the season, as we see more rookies given increased roles for their respective teams. I had a very difficult time sorting out the top three players on this list. They were each productive, impactful difference-makers during the first four games of the season.

NOTE: Arrows reflect changes from the preseason rookie rankings.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Daniel Jeremiah's Top 25 Rookies: Neither Edmunds nor Allen Make the List
Just now, John from Riverside said:

He is wrong a lot....basically

Cite examples of him being wrong.  He's a guy who not only scouts players during their CFB careers, but watches film on players all across the league.  At any rate, let's see what you have to back up your assertion. 

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

Why do we care.

It’s relevant on a Bills message board. Our current FO invested major picks in this years rookies. They seem to have a penchant for paying multiple picks for specific players rather than taking best available with a single pick. Beane and McD may overrate themselves as talent evaluators. Their rebuild strategy of jettisoning talent from previous regimes places outsize importance on their ability to evaluate and draft players. These types of lists may give an indication of how this overhaul is going. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I tend to like DJ, but this doesn’t bother me in the least after just 4 games. A rookie QB and a MLB who just turned 20. Whatever. In a decade, I’ll feel differently. Hoping that looks better down the road. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I tend to like DJ, but this doesn’t bother me in the least after just 4 games. I rookie QB and a MLB who just turned 20. Whatever. In a decade, I’ll feel differently. Hoping that looks better down the road. 

Yep. It's just a snapshot.

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Cite examples of him being wrong.  He's a guy who not only scouts players during their CFB careers, but watches film on players all across the league.  At any rate, let's see what you have to back up your assertion. 

Rather then go through all that I will just say it’s too soon To even make a evaluation on rookies

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Rather then go through all that I will just say it’s too soon To even make a evaluation on rookies

Way to let yourself off the hook.  Well done. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I tend to like DJ, but this doesn’t bother me in the least after just 4 games. A rookie QB and a MLB who just turned 20. Whatever. In a decade, I’ll feel differently. Hoping that looks better down the road. 

Let’s take a look after this season’s in the books. But am I surprised at the 1/4 pole? Not really. Let’s see a marked step forward starting tomorrow. I’ll take something similar to the Minnie game please! Just got my XXL Allen game jersey in the mail today so I’d better not regret it, lol

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

I think it's fair to say that Allen is at a serious disadvantage here. Who has a weaker supporting cast? Take away McCoy and this may be the weakest offensive lineup I've seen in 58 years of watching football. Only the Dan Darraugh led Bills that posted back to back 1-13 seasons can compare.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Thank you (+1) 1