Daniel Jeremiah's Top 25 Rookies: Edmunds & Allen Make the List at 19 and 24

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Team had zero QBs.        A swing was mandatory, it was mandatory for Mahomes/Watson a year earlier as well 

well now we have no line, no WRs, and a 31 year old RB- and still a question mark at QB.  Those draft picks would of filled in a lot of holes.  I am sick of trading up for Zay, and parting with picks for KB, Coleman, etc.  Let the draft come to you.  And when you are least talented team in NFL, a bevy of picks is helpful.  I root for Allen and Beane- but the jury is still out.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/6/2018 at 6:38 PM, BBills88 said:

Why do we care.

I care a lot. I like the NFL, not just the Bills. No offense, but we have discussed the league more broadly on this site for a decade and a half at least. 

On 10/6/2018 at 7:09 PM, John from Riverside said:

He is wrong a lot....basically

Evidence?

On 10/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, John from Riverside said:

Rather then go through all that I will just say it’s too soon To even make a evaluation on rookies

He's not projecting them forward, he's evaluating them in the games they've played so far. 

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you should really avoid these clueless "reporters"  

Tremaine Edmunds is the only player in the NFL with 35+ tackles, 5+ passes defensed and 2+ forced fumbles.

Yet he was absolutely terrible in the first two games. If he continues at the pace he's currently on, he's likely to move up the Jeremiah's chart. He does this periodically, and I think it's pretty cool. 

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I care a lot. I like the NFL, not just the Bills. No offense, but we have discussed the league more broadly on this site for a decade and a half at least. 

Evidence?

He's not projecting them forward, he's evaluating them in the games they've played so far. 

Yet he was absolutely terrible in the first two games. If he continues at the pace he's currently on, he's likely to move up the Jeremiah's chart. He does this periodically, and I think it's pretty cool. 

Im gonna say that I got my ppl wrong which is why I backed off of it.....I got Jeremiah mixed up with someone else.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

FWIW   no one on Defense did anything in week 1 and half of week 2.   Then McDermott stepped in and said enough of this

poop-emoji-frown.png

18 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

What I’ve gathered from this thread is that people really love Daniel Jeremiah. Like really love this guy and don’t you dare speak badly of him...

Super Bowl be damned... our guys should be playing for Daniel Jeremiah's affection.

?

Edited by October 1918

40 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

What I’ve gathered from this thread is that people really love Daniel Jeremiah. Like really love this guy and don’t you dare speak badly of him...

Or they know he’s a respectable analyst and don’t have a temper tantrum or name call because they didn’t praise a Bills player.  This is like hockey dads are created.  

If Allen was on the Jets, we would be laughing at him and his 82 yard game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or they know he’s a respectable analyst and don’t have a temper tantrum or name call because they didn’t praise a Bills player.  This is like hockey dads are created.  

I might be laughing right now....but in the back of my mind I would be thinking about what this kid is gonna be down the line.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I might be laughing right now....but in the back of my mind I would be thinking about what this kid is gonna be down the line.

Be honest John.  You would think he was trash and laugh st the Jets for picking him.  People are laughing at Rosen and Darnold here somehow.  

We let our qb who led the 31st ranked passing attack go to upgrade.  We are averaging like 100 yards passing in modern football!!! I can’t believe Allen didn’t make the cut.  What a hater!

Im not laughing at Rosen or Darnold.....I think this QB draft is going to yield as many as 4 legit starters

I would feel pretty good this year about getting to face what everyone knows is a raw rookie QB in his first year......but as a realistic football fan I would be worried about what this kid is going to look like in future years when he has pass catcher's that will actually fight for, catch, and make plays with a ball (beyond Shady we have none of that)

I would worry about the jets getting smart and spending an offseason of ramping up a offensive line that really only has 1 true starter in Dawkins.

i would worry that the jets have 10 draft pick and 90 million cap space.......a HC that turns chicken dinner out of chicken ****......and a top 10 DVOA defense giving Allen try after try to score points with that cannon attached to his shoulder.

That is the honest truth

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Im not laughing at Rosen or Darnold.....I think this QB draft is going to yield as many as 4 legit starters

I would feel pretty good this year about getting to face what everyone knows is a raw rookie QB in his first year......but as a realistic football fan I would be worried about what this kid is going to look like in future years when he has pass catcher's that will actually fight for, catch, and make plays with a ball (beyond Shady we have none of that)

I would worry about the jets getting smart and spending an offseason of ramping up a offensive line that really only has 1 true starter in Dawkins.

i would worry that the jets have 10 draft pick and 90 million cap space.......a HC that turns chicken dinner out of chicken ****......and a top 10 DVOA defense giving Allen try after try to score points with that cannon attached to his shoulder.

That is the honest truth

Fair.  And I’m honest and wanted the Jets to draft Allen.  He looks exactly like I thought he would.  Awesome physical skills though.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Damned good pick by the Browns and look at our boy Taron Johnson!

This guy is a genius!!!

43 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, or that....

On 10/6/2018 at 4:18 PM, Augie said:

I tend to like DJ, but this doesn’t bother me in the least after just 4 games. A rookie QB and a MLB who just turned 20. Whatever. In a decade, I’ll feel differently. Hoping that looks better down the road. 

Exactly - half these guys may not even be on any lists in a year or two - not all top draft picks bust in their first years, and some just peter out into perpetual mediocrity or average play. 

What I'm more concerned about is how he is progressing within the system he was drafted to play within, and how he is executing those roles. So far his growth has been as expected for a 20 yo MLB. He's been heading in the right direction, and let's hope it continues.